So pleased

4 posters

Go down

Smile So pleased

Post by Buster's_Mum Tue May 29 2012, 08:16

I had dog training last night. Since I got back off holiday on saturday Buster has been a pain. We are back to square one on the long line, and he is doing things at home he knows he shouldnt be. I spoke to my brother (who pet sat) and he said Buster wouldnt listen to him at all and was a nightmare on walks (he kept him onlead) and apparently his girlfriend was letting Buster sleep on the bed and things, despite us all telling her not too Rolling Eyes

I was dreading dog training, I thought it was going to be like his first lesson all over again, or worse! But he suprised me, he was good. Infact, he was better than normal! Big Grin We had to all stand in a circle with our dogs, then one of us would go into the middle, let our dog off lead and walk away, with the dog supposedly following. I was dreading this. We had never done it before, and Buster doesnt listen to me if he has the chance to play with other dogs. He was very interested in a new terrier pup that was there (he was playing with my brothers small pup the other day, so I think he thought he would get to do the same) so I told the trainer that he was going to go straight to him when it was my turn. She stood by the pup so that she could choo Buster away. I let him off lead and walked off. As soon as he realised he was off lead he went straight for the pup Rolling Eyes the trainer shooed him away, and I was calling him and he came to me! Surprised I was so shocked! I thought he would run off to see all the other dogs too! I gave him loads of fuss and treats.

Then we had to weave in and out of other dogs, which he did perfectly! And we had to do fetch which normally means he runs off to see the other dogs, but he didn't, he came back! Big Grin I was so proud. I'm hoping it means that he may start listening to me with other dogs about, but as per normal we havent seen any while out on walks since Rolling Eyes
Buster's_Mum
Buster's_Mum
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
So pleased  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buster, LuLu (chinese crested)
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months, 3 1/2 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Smile Re: So pleased

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 08:33

well buster is a star at the training

star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 08:56

Good to hear he is doing so well

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Tue May 29 2012, 09:05

thumbs up

Galadriel
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue May 29 2012, 09:31

They can pick up bad habits quite quickly but he has snapped back to himself, well done star
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster's_Mum Tue May 29 2012, 09:52

bounce dance dance bounce We have just been on the field after the school run and Buster was offlead (I use his short lead for the school run so didn't have his long line with me) I was keeping a very close eye on the entrances to the field so I could spot another person coming on with a dog, forgetting about the houses that back onto the field doh A man had come out with a dog without me realising it. I only noticed when Buster stopped playing with his stick and stood staring. I thought he was going to run. I called him, and he trotted over to me!! I put him back on his lead then, with loads of fuss and praise. I let him back off once they had gone and a few minutes later someone else came onto the field with a dog, I called Buster and over he came! I am so pleased! I am hoping this means he will start paying attention more, and that I will soon be able to stop using the long line (I will keep using it on our normal walks for now, I'm not going to risk it so soon) bounce
Buster's_Mum
Buster's_Mum
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
So pleased  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buster, LuLu (chinese crested)
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months, 3 1/2 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue May 29 2012, 09:54

Clever Buster, its great when things appear to click Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 11:21

What a star! Well done both of you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 11:25

Well done Buster applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue May 29 2012, 11:57

thumbs up you are making progress. Sometimes it takes a while for them to grasp things so its looks like you are definately getting there, well done both of you.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down