House training from the beginning?

Go down

House training from the beginning? Empty House training from the beginning?

Post by jola139 Thu May 24 2012, 13:35

Hi, my Debo is allowed to go for his first walk this Saturday thumbs up . Because we live in the flat with no garden,we r using puppy pads Blushing which now I don't think it was good idea or we did it wrong. He's perfect with them,no accident at all,maybe for 3 first days,now when he needs to do his staff he goes strait to the kitchen where is his pad. He knows that isn't always there and he can wee when ever he wants,even if he doesn't have to and just goes there to leave mark. From Saturday I want to remove that pad and put his crate there,will he start to wee everywhere now? Please help how to Tain him quickly and without going mad. praying
jola139
jola139
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

House training from the beginning? Empty Re: House training from the beginning?

Post by Guest Thu May 24 2012, 14:25

Not had any experience with pads. Have always had a garden so I cant offer any advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Thu May 24 2012, 14:50

Ok,thanks,from next week he's gonna go with me to work where is big garden ,it should make things easier. Well I know I should wait till Satirday to walk him but will 2 days make such a big difference? Today is 5th day after jab.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24 2012, 22:21

I would follow the vets advice to be on the safe side. We use pads as well so she has somewhere to go if we are away from home. She will still try to use her pad if it's raining or if she asks to go out and we ignore her. When she walks toward the room with her pad we ask here if she wants to go out and open the door and off she goes.

We don't have a yard either but put a strip of grass over a portion of the patio for her to use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24 2012, 22:32

jola139 wrote:Please help how to Tain him quickly and without going mad. praying

I'm afraid there are no short cuts. Sad

I'd carry on with the pads, and as soon as he can go out (I would wait until the correct time, just to be safe) you can start to take him out every hour just to see if he'll pee or poo, and if he does then loads of praise. Also, try to take him outside after eating/playing/sleeping. It will help a lot if you start to use a 'trigger' word such as "wee wee" every time he uses the training pad. That way he'll start to associate the word with the action & when he does go out you can say the word & hopefully he'll try to oblige! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down