janey
trickyvic
6 posters

Go down

Sleepy heartbroken

Post by trickyvic Tue May 15 2012, 08:20

i am so lost for words i cant discribe Crying or Very sad
today the most horrible thing happened Crying or Very sad
one of my girl staffies went and mauled to death one of our two week old pups i feel so responisble for the gate latch not closing probaly while giving mum of pups her bread and milk for breaky why oh why would she do this she has been around puppies before with no problems i am so confused to why she would do this
should i have her pts or try to rehome her to someone with no other animals and a disclosure of what she has done
any advise would be gratly appreciated
RIP little one angel Sad
very very sad trickyvic
trickyvic
trickyvic
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : oscar,max,ebony,gypsy,angel,dolly and jessie
Dog Gender(s) : male,male,girl.girl,girl,girl,girl
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Sleepy Re: heartbroken

Post by janey Tue May 15 2012, 09:14

Oh my, I really don't know what to say poor pup and poor you >Big Grin<
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue May 15 2012, 09:17

why would you get her put asleep for?

some dogs are just like that

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15 2012, 09:22

I would not have her pts. As Steve said, it happens. I don't think she deserves to be destroyed though. I would keep her, and just be extra careful. Its not the same as human aggression, she's not going to turn on you because of this. It can happen, its heartbreaking, but its not uncommon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Tue May 15 2012, 09:22

Not your fault hunny, some dogs no matter what breed will just do that, might have something to do with a strong prey drive, but when u think about it, in the wild it's exactly what happens.

Don't punish her for it, but be mindful of the rest of the litter which I'm sure u are. Accidents happen no matter what we do to try and intervene with nature.

X
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by trickyvic Tue May 15 2012, 09:30

hi
how can you trust the some dogs are like that again after she mauled a pup to death i have never had a killer staffy before so i am asking for advise
will she do it again if given the oppurtunity would she attack a child would she attack a random dog is it not better to have her pts rather than ever risking it again :-( or is it a one off action I love her dearly and are so emotional and confused atm
trickyvic
trickyvic
trickyvic

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : oscar,max,ebony,gypsy,angel,dolly and jessie
Dog Gender(s) : male,male,girl.girl,girl,girl,girl
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15 2012, 10:28

trickyvic wrote:hi
how can you trust the some dogs are like that again after she mauled a pup to death i have never had a killer staffy before so i am asking for advise
will she do it again if given the oppurtunity would she attack a child would she attack a random dog is it not better to have her pts rather than ever risking it again :-( or is it a one off action I love her dearly and are so emotional and confused atm
trickyvic

She is the same dog she has always been, she hasn't suddenly become nasty! I would say that it's probably a mixture of prey drive & jealousy. Some bitches will do that to another bitch's pups - some will even do it to their own! That doesn't mean she would do anything bad to a human, adult or child.

I'm afraid that, accident though it was, is was mainly your fault (I'm not trying to be nasty to you, I know that this has upset you very much!), not the dog's.

If you keep as many dogs as you do, there is always a chance that something can happen. And if you breed litters you increase that chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15 2012, 10:40

Very soory to hear this. I would agree with Caryll she is the same dog she always was. Just be carefull with how the dogs are seperated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Wed May 16 2012, 11:41

Hi, sad as it is, this is animal behaviour. Our dogs are animals not little humans,and they behave as animals do, and we have to accept this. You are looking at this sad situation from a human standpoint, and this is very wrong. The dog has done nothing wrong in its eyes, and then you start thinking about her being a vicious dog, and having her PTS, well I'm sure that when you have calmed down and feel more level headed these thoughts will go out the window. Dont worry about it you haven't got a monster on your hands, just a little dog who did something that a human cannot understand. Keep her and love her.
Panda
Panda
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Wed May 16 2012, 11:47

Yes keep her and love her. Its in dogs natural to do that sometimes, does not mean they are going to turn on humans. I have a friend whose dog, a english sheep dog, had pubs, and killed two of them but not the rest. Its just one of those things. I do remember when we had pubs, when I was little, the same thing happened. Never happened again with the next lot. Its just one of those things. Go on loving your dog.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down