Growing pains

Go down

Growing pains Empty Growing pains

Post by Chantel Sat Apr 14 2012, 10:43

Hi guys

This might sound like a silly question, but I was wondering if Staffs can have growing pains. Maska is almost 10 months old, and every once in a while he has a day in which he sleeps lot, followed by days in which he winpers, whines and yelps. He doesn't seem to be in pain, we can touch and feel him all over, press on his tummy and muscles etc. It is very difficult to try and explain this to the vet, as he stops this when he's there, because the excitement for other dogs and humans take over. He doesn't stop playing or doing his usual things, but does the whining in moments of sitting still. Alternatively, I was thinking that this might be due to the fact that we live close to bitches that might be in heat, as Maska is not neutered (not my choice, but we signed a contract with the breeder, allowing for neutering only in case of medical necessity, as he is to be used as a stud), and may be becoming sexually mature.

I work from home, so I am aware of what he eats, what he plays with etc, and I don't want to become a paranoid dog owner, as things mostly sort themselves out.

Has anyone experienced similar behaviour
Chantel
Chantel
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maska & Loki
Dog(s) Ages : Maska 1 year and a bit & Loki 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 127

Back to top Go down

Growing pains Empty Re: Growing pains

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14 2012, 11:10

Don't think they have growing pains so to speak. They do seem to have off days when they just aren't themselves every once in awhile just like we do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14 2012, 13:16

Not sure about the growing pains, but Maska will have been sexualy mature for about 3 or 4 months, so that's certainly a possibility! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down