What is the best food for my puppy?

4 posters

Go down

What is the best food for my puppy? Empty What is the best food for my puppy?

Post by jenhopper Wed Apr 11 2012, 21:35

We have an 8 week old puppy that we have had for a week.

We are near the end of the bag of own brand complete that we initially bought and we put a very small amount of pedigree chum meaty mixer with it.

Can anyone recommend what we can give him - ideally to harden up his poo and stop his wind from smelling so bad Big Grin
jenhopper
jenhopper
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel
Dog(s) Ages : 7 Weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

What is the best food for my puppy? Empty Re: What is the best food for my puppy?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11 2012, 21:44

Depends what you want to feed, really. Do you want to carry on with dry commercial food, or do you want to try raw feeding?

Back to top Go down

What is the best food for my puppy? Empty Re: What is the best food for my puppy?

Post by steve76 Wed Apr 11 2012, 21:45

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/dryfood.html

most of these will do a puppy specific food, as for farts, charcoal biscuits can help
steve76
steve76
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by rascal-girl Sat Apr 21 2012, 01:35

If you want to try rawfeeding, you could look at prepackaged BARF. We have just switched from "whole prey" to prepackaged BARF (haven't told the gals on Raw Feeding yet!!!). I'm finding it much simpler, cleaner and I'm relaxed knowing someone else has worked out the proper balance for me Wink I recommend doing a bit of research yourself, look at where dogs have come from (ie wolves) and think about what they eat in the wild and go from there.

I honestly believe dogs are designed to eat raw meat and bones. The vegetable content in the BARF is not that high, so I'm happy with that Wink

Good luck Big Grin
rascal-girl
rascal-girl
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rascal
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Sat Apr 21 2012, 14:37

We feed Rolo the Arden Grange Puppy complete, he seems to have done really well on it. His toilet is solid and he doesn't get to much wind! lol. He also enjoys his treats or Sardines, raw eggs or diced chicken, we do it this way as we found trying to feed a raw diet all the time got very expensive for us Smile
kelpie
kelpie
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What is the best food for my puppy? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21 2012, 15:06

I feed raw and wouldn't fed pre prepared stuff, whole foods for me otherwise you lose the main benefit of the dental work out Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21 2012, 15:11

jenhopper wrote:We have an 8 week old puppy that we have had for a week.

We are near the end of the bag of own brand complete that we initially bought and we put a very small amount of pedigree chum meaty mixer with it.

Can anyone recommend what we can give him - ideally to harden up his poo and stop his wind from smelling so bad Big Grin

Tilly's on wainwrights and no poop problems , don't think you will ever own a staffie and conquer the wind trouble though Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down