Ben
Jon
AzzynCav
Loz&Dan
Taz
KatieD
11 posters

Go down

Time for a rant!! Empty Time for a rant!!

Post by KatieD Wed Mar 28 2012, 23:16

ya know what really gets me mad?! sorry about having a rant but its the best place to do it..

I've thought about getting a Staffie before or a Rottie or Husky, I really like big dogs, and my elder brother always had something to say.. "are you stupid getting a dog like that when you've got kids?" "don't come to me when it bites em" and then proceeds into telling me how they're always in news attacking people, i said a cats killed kids before but that's not all over news, like that rottweiler n Yorkshire terrier that mauled a child, only the big dog got all the front pages etc, then he brought one his dogs to my mums with my niece (think his dogs are Jack Russell cross, not too sure but they're small and fluffy-ish) and my niece was playing with it and it kept going at her, a just thought how can you say anything?! i find myself constantly thinking i hope our dog don't nip kids by accident etc so he can say "told you so" it really pees me off how people can judge a dog by how they look or what they've heard instead of their character!
KatieD
KatieD
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tess & Kaiser
Dog(s) Ages : Tess- 13 years. Kaiser- 7 months.
Dog Gender(s) : Tess- Female. Kaiser- Male.
Support total : 28

Back to top Go down

Time for a rant!! Empty Re: Time for a rant!!

Post by Taz Wed Mar 28 2012, 23:20

some people can be unfairly prejudice and judgmental over the silliest of things ... human nature unfortunately. I hope you prove them wrong and have lots of happy years with your staffy Smile
Taz
Taz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Time for a rant!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : 'lil Miss Taz Devil Demoania ~ TAZ
Dog(s) Ages : 31:05:2011
Dog Gender(s) : She's a lady, a tinker, a beauty, an a real b!tch
Support total : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz&Dan Wed Mar 28 2012, 23:22

I dont blame you people have stupid things stuck in there head about theese breeds and stick by that, it really is redicules there nanny dogs and shall love your children just as much as they would love the staffy. I say prove youre brother wrong and show him he has the dodgey dog Big Grin

Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jasper Faith Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Female 1 Male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by AzzynCav Wed Mar 28 2012, 23:27

I understand how you feel, my daughter is two and a half and Tia is 8 months old.

I was out walking with Tia and my daughter and a totally random woman asked me if I worry about my daughter having a dog like that! and dont I worry what the dog will be like when shes older.

silly
AzzynCav
AzzynCav
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieD Wed Mar 28 2012, 23:27

Thanks guys, our staffie as never shown any agression at all towards my kids hes a real people person which i think is a real good thing, i just cant understand how people can judge one dog on the whole breed but if he got a staffie i think he'd soon change his opinion, wouldn't mind but his mother in law as a rottweiler! Straight Face x
KatieD
KatieD

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieD Wed Mar 28 2012, 23:30

people person? i meant people dog! d'oh! and thats same with me too! haha my eldest son is just over 2 and my youngest is 5 months, i dont see what the problem is, they're being brought up together anyway, thats the best way IMO Big Grin x
KatieD
KatieD

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AzzynCav Wed Mar 28 2012, 23:39

Yeah I like the idea that they are growing up together! the two of them are quite often rolling about on the floor together or fighting over the leather bean bag lol

AzzynCav
AzzynCav

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28 2012, 23:42

Tell your brother next time that the top dog for biting is a jack russel. They are one of the most aggressive dogs i have ever worked with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28 2012, 23:45

researchers compiled a report containing 33 dog breeds most likely to bite. Here are the dog breeds with the greatest percentage of bites and bite attempts on humans.

Dachshund. Yes, the sausage dog is most likely to bite strangers and its owners.
Chihuahua. These are big dogs in a little package, and none are afraid to tell you so. Chihuahuas are very likely to bite strangers and owners.
Jack Russell Terrier. These feisty little dogs are also quick to nip. They have a tendency to try to nip at strangers and family members.
Australian Cattle Dog. This breed is great to have around the home, but you must be careful; they are herding dogs, which means they are very likely to nip family and strangers.
American Cocker Spaniel. A common breed in many homes in the United States, this dog does have tendencies to nip and bite at owners.
Beagle. Another family favorite, beagles seem to nip and bite at their families.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1407118

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Wed Mar 28 2012, 23:46

This is my "savage dog" Ty with my 4 year daughter.

Time for a rant!! 432020_3107244756149_1115203504_33312495_995537299_n

Time for a rant!! 418681_3107251516318_1115203504_33312498_1161810298_n-1

He loves my kids with a passion and they love him. Like you say its nice to see them growing up toghether.
Jon
Jon
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieD Thu Mar 29 2012, 00:06

Haha you oughta get that on a pic AzzynCav bet thats cute! & thankyou for the info Hayley its really helpful to read that if i'm honest i've never seen that on the net Smile and Jon they're absolute beautiful pics your dog looks so placid and your daughter is beautiful, i've uploaded some photos of our dog with my son on a couple on the new members forum, i've tried to upload one on here but it doesn't want me to! lol
KatieD
KatieD

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29 2012, 00:59

The problem is with the media. They tend to focus on the large breeds because they are the ones that cause alot of damage and tend to have moronic handlers they train them to be aggressive.

Smaller breeds are often more aggressive than the larger ones. Their handlers tend not to train them believing they can't really do any harm where responsible handlers of larger breeds take alot of time to train their dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Mar 29 2012, 05:51

This is a great place to rant about things like this. There are many of us in the same boat. Some of our family stopped talking to us when we got our first one so we got two more just to make sure it stayed that way. They love our kids more than anything! Lovely pics Jon!
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by 8pawprints Thu Mar 29 2012, 07:19

Aggressive dogs have been made so by ignorant humans. Agree with above stats re nipping dog breeds. Elie my first Staffy was extremely tolerant and never aggressive. Misty is a Staff X. It does however annoy me when people cross the road to avoid you when you are walking your relaxed dog on the lead. Getting better however with more people being dog friendly. Small children should nevertheless not be left unsupervised with a dog as even the most placid can bite if a child hurts or does something to the dog.
8pawprints
8pawprints

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 5-6 yrs
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29 2012, 08:44

unfortunatel;y the press dont do them any favours because its the ones owned by idiots that do the damage. you should have pointed out the jack that was being funny i would.

Back to top Go down

Post by AzzynCav Thu Mar 29 2012, 10:47

KatieD wrote:Haha you oughta get that on a pic AzzynCav bet thats cute!

I should try and do that or even a vid! its so funny to see lol .
AzzynCav
AzzynCav

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29 2012, 11:04

bbimson wrote: Some of our family stopped talking to us when we got our first one so we got two more just to make sure it stayed that way.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29 2012, 16:36

Some people!! angry

Caryll wrote:
bbimson wrote: Some of our family stopped talking to us when we got our first one so we got two more just to make sure it stayed that way.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

My one auntie was stupidly ott dramaish when i had my diesel and she came over, she barely ever did come over but when she did it was stupid! when he passed away and we told her we had vinnie she was like another staff!?!? and then we got skye and she went "2!!?? im never coming around again" to which i replied il get another then so its written in stone Big Grin .. cant stand her! at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 29 2012, 17:09

I suggest instead of a staffy you get a wolf.
What!? I never hear stories about vicious wolves attacking people-unlike those horrible devil dogs!
When we first got Romeo my grandfather goes 'aren't those the dangerous dogs that bite you and don't let go?' and now he says 'the problem is always with the owner, not the dog.'

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieD Thu Mar 29 2012, 18:44

I'm new to this so not sure how to "quote" what you've put doh i tried the quote thing but nothing happened lol! AzzynCav defo a video, never thought of that! Laughing and i defo agree with everybodys commented here, just like those that get a staffie to look tough loser my brother never comes to ours anyway don't know if its cos of our dog but who cares, its my life and if i want a staffie i'll get one, he must think i'd not researched the breed before hand which i did and the first thing what caught my eye and as stuck in my head till now is their other name the "nanny dog" all i've read about these dogs are good apart from like you lot have said when idiots raise them and give them a bad name, people like that shouldn't be allowed to own dogs at all! x
KatieD
KatieD

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Thu Mar 29 2012, 19:21

I'm lucky my family know about staffs we had one when my daughter ( now15 )was born as well as a colliex the midwife came round and suggested I get rid of the staff as they are dangerous, I politely explains that if she came round again with comments like that it would not be the staff she would have to worry about.
I must admit I was more worried about the colliex as he wasn't good round toddlers but having my daughter and then my som grow up with both and 2 gsds was the best thing as she has learnt about respect and boundarys also about how short life can be
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by 8pawprints Thu Mar 29 2012, 22:41

Wish mine would keep my wife's pesky relatives away! LOL at related comments above.
8pawprints
8pawprints

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kate32 Sat Mar 31 2012, 12:25

Its soo nice to hear that you people have come accross some of te same prejudices as I have over the years.

It's sad that these beautiful, loving dogs are so missunderstood.

When I got my first staff my mum wouldn't let him in her house for about a year, but as time went on she'd have him over for sleepovers if I went out and when he died she shed a tear. Now we have 2 staffs and the family were ok with us getting the first, but when we got our boy just recently they all fell out with us, cos of the kids, 2 and a half n 8, my o/h family don't do pets at all and made it clear they didn't approve, but we don't care its our life not there's, we love having 2 staffs, the kids love em and they love the kids, of course we are careful with the little one as we would be with any a child around any animal. The kids see it as they have one each now, it teaches them to love and care and respect. My parents have got used to the idea now and have visited a few times, but the best bit is that it keeps the inlaws well and truley away! Laughing
kate32
kate32

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : maisy n scooby
Dog(s) Ages : 2 n 3
Dog Gender(s) : female n male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Mar 31 2012, 13:33

KatieD wrote:

I've thought about getting a Staffie before or a Rottie or Husky,

Get a mix and have the best of both worlds Big Grin I have staffy cross Husky and hes a fantastic well mannerd dog. some people just look at me like im nuts sometimes when I tell them what he is. when i first got him id researched both breeds and then I tried and search for the cross breed and all that came up was things like "Would likely be a super strong and hyper aggressive dog! " (from yahoo answers) there was a whole thread on one board slating them and saying how uncontrolable and aggressive they would be Crying or Very sad
In reality he is just like any other dog and he loves humans, treats kids with cotton wool glove's, not dog aggressive and loves to play. there are alot of self proclaimed dog experts out there with little or no knowladge about dogs at all.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieD Sat Mar 31 2012, 16:47

Not sure how to quote what people have wrote sorry so just have to write back to all Big Grin I agree any dog and children shouldn't be left unattended but they seem great dogs to have around kids, i caught a photo of my eldest Son watching Cbeebies with Kaiser or as I like to call him, his "shadow" sat by his side Laughing

[img]Time for a rant!! Img_1310[/img]

and I never thought of that Nathan! Laughing your dog looks a beauty in the picture aswell, I always look on yahoo answers but guess they're not always right especially about dogs! Smile
KatieD
KatieD

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Sat Mar 31 2012, 17:13

Katie, that is a fantastic photo! Frame worthy! Love Struck
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieD Sat Mar 31 2012, 19:03

Thanks Big Grin Its very rare that they are both still so i'm privileged to get that photo Laughing
KatieD
KatieD

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by 8pawprints Tue Apr 03 2012, 05:57

Great foto, looks like your son was watching tv, what was Kaiser looking at ?
8pawprints
8pawprints

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieD Tue Apr 03 2012, 09:07

Yeah that's right Smile My son was watching tv and Kaiser was lookin out of the window at the pigeons Laughing
KatieD
KatieD

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by 8pawprints Thu Apr 05 2012, 00:58

Glad to hear Kaiser is not a tv fan, probably dreaming a pigeon pie, lol.
8pawprints
8pawprints

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down