yeahbut
-Ian-
stockportstaffie
9 posters

Go down

rant time  Empty rant time

Post by stockportstaffie Tue Mar 04 2014, 11:58

time for a little rant
i was on the moors today with my girls and a few mates all got "dangerous dogs" (ridiculas a gold fish would do u more harm than any of the dogs i was with today) but as we know people get scared and uncomfortable around these breeds we all go to to the middle of the moors not only is it a nice walk but the dogs can be as rough with each other as they want it is amazing to watch dogs being dogs. anyway a guy comes along with his 2 dogs and hears the noise that staffs make, picks up his to dogs one under each arm and shouts across its discussing what u lot do making urn dogs fight we where all shocked didn't no.what to reply the dogs where having a rite good time funny thing is on the way home i met him again all 4 dogs off the lead i tell mine to come and then sit they both did after about 2 min of him shouting at gist dogs i got bored put mine on the lead and walked past how con someone with no.control over there dog comment on ours stresses me out sorry for any spelling miss haps dam auto correct on phone
stockportstaffie
stockportstaffie
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

rant time  Empty Re: rant time

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04 2014, 12:24

angry idiot, knows absolutely about Stafford play, that's why I wouldn't play tug with Darcy in public because she sounds like she wants to eat me Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04 2014, 12:35

So true Hayley - they sound hectic when playing tug - and it's all just play. Silly man - but at least it made you laugh!

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Tue Mar 04 2014, 12:36

Oh usual ignorant response.

I am always so proud of my Flo who whilst Deaf is so very good off the lead. She puts so many other breeds to shame.

Whilst it can sound quiet harsh when I boom out her name to get her attention, the vest that we bought her at least makes it a little easier to explain that I'm not shouting at her cos she is naughty  Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

rant time  B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by yeahbut Tue Mar 04 2014, 12:40

If your dogs were injuring each other, I think observers would be worried. I mean, all decent dog owners (esp owners of staffies) are against dog fights. The killing of wild animals with dogs might upset people as well. But that is clearly not what you're saying - you're describing a scene where the dogs are just having a great time together. Lucky dogs to have a chance to go out on the moors!  I think you demonstrated a very dignified approach here. Put the other guy to shame with his ill-disciplined dogs. Too bad that his prejudices will probably prevent him from modifying his views. You cant win em all.....but I agree, it's very annoying to be on the receiving end of such blind prejudice.

yeahbut
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
rant time  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Support total : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by jo garnett Tue Mar 04 2014, 12:48

yes staffies sound like mad animals when playing don't they?  Laughing  stupid man, but sooooo glad yours had a brill time x
jo garnett
jo garnett
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Lola and Chloe
Dog(s) Ages : both 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Both female
Support total : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Mar 04 2014, 12:56

Daisy sounds like a devil dog when playing tug!!
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Mar 04 2014, 13:02

Know exactly what you mean. Both my two play hard and make lots of noise which is all part of the game. And when they get together with their park buddies the noise is defening...
Some people never see past the noise to notice the wagging tails, play bowing and happy body language. I find it funny how they can be like that then all stop at the same time to drink out the same puddle lol
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Mar 04 2014, 19:23

When they are playing things certainly sound a lot worse than they are,
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyW Tue Mar 04 2014, 19:44

I am not sure whether to blame the Owner or the Media for this ignorance of the SBT.

Probably a bit of both. I don't know if it is because I am a Stafford owner, but I make it my business to be aware of other breed's common traits by speaking to their owners and personal experience when meeting these dogs rather than what I read in the press.
TonyW
TonyW
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
rant time  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Separeted
Dogs Name(s) : Barney
Dog(s) Ages : 18/12/2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Tue Mar 04 2014, 20:08

To be fair to the guy, if you've never owned a stafford or witnessed them play rough it can be a little unnerving. Especially if you have smaller or perhaps more sensitive dogs, it sounded initially like he was actually concerned for the welfare of your dogs rather than thinking they were scary, but of course then was concerned about his own dogs which any owner would be if they thought another dog may be a risk to theirs.

I obviously have a staffie and I will openly admit to avoiding other staffie owners when I lived in Central Bristol, there's a reason that these dogs have got a bad name and that is because of irresponsible owners which unfortunately there are plenty of. Luckily you had the chance to show him that you and your dogs were not what he thought by keeping them under control and well behaved which I would hope he would take in Smile I agree with Tony that people should make more of an effort to understand different breeds; I've been bitten by many collies and small terriers in kennels and was involved in a severe attack from an ebt but I understand why this happened and would never condemn a single breed.

Biscuit is really reactive, fear aggressive and muzzled in public due to her stupid previous owners, she looks like a mad thing and I don't blame people for being concerned for themselves or their dogs, all we can do as responsible owners is prove them wrong and help them to understand our misunderstood breed.
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down