Making an appointment at the Drs !

2 posters

Go down

Making an appointment at the Drs ! Empty Making an appointment at the Drs !

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 10:41

Woke up this morning on the right side of the bed until I phone the Drs at 9, to make an appointment, then my horns came out >Smile

So the situation here is, if you want to see a Dr on the day, you either be at the doors for 8am and be prepared to wait - fair enough, can't fault that at least you WILL see a Dr maybe after an hour of waiting. Otherwise, if it's at any point later in the day, you need to phone ON THE DAY.

So I did. I phoned at 9, asked to make an appointment to see the nurse later in the day, 'Sorry we have nothing for the rest of the day'. My reply being as polite as possible 'So on the day appointment we are required to phone, the surgery has only been open an hour and you've literally nothing left, at all ? I took a day off to see the Dr as I work up in Cardiff and I follow the rules making a 'same day appointment over the phone' and you tell me after an hour of opening the phone lines there is nothing left?' ..

Nurse says 'no sorry' so I said 'ok thanks for nothing' and put the phone down. Honestly, if I could climb through the phone I could have throttled her. Ok she is only a receptionist but I thought she may at least ask me if it's urgent and perhaps she can speak to the nurse to fit me in, after taking a day off etc etc, I remember they never used to be this bad. If I was dyng on the phone she'd proibably say the same thing ! She's be no good working in Asda, 'every little helps', she never offered any help at all !

VENT OVER ! GRrrrrrrrr

Back to top Go down

Making an appointment at the Drs ! Empty Re: Making an appointment at the Drs !

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 10:45

a lot of Dr's surgeries are phone on the day. they usualy say ring between 8 and 8:30. Luckily I still have the kind of Dr's who you can actualy ring and make an apointment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 10:47

I've made an appointment now for next Monday. It's such a chore phoning them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 10:48

Maria. wrote:I've made an appointment now for next Monday. It's such a chore phoning them.

makes me laugh that ytou have to wait a week you could be better or dead by then

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 10:51

oooooo dam you will have to sit with your feet up lol
wooohooo day off Smile
just think you will have to do it all again tomorrow
this time get your butt out of bed by 8 >Smile tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 10:51

ha ha posted before i seen your post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 10:52

When I lived over there, I had the same problem! I had a massive ear infection and was quite sick and could not get into the doctors. Over here it can still be a challenge but you can make appointments at your doctor, but you pay for your visits (and you get a rebate later) My last visit cost me $64 (about 30 quid). There are free doctors, but you have to do the same thing... call at 8-8.30am or line up. And you also pay full price for prescriptions... there is no set amount. Good thing I rarely get sick and only go about once every year or 2... even then I have to be forced by my husband who ultimately makes the appointment... plus, I'm a total tight a#se and begrudge paying LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 10:56

_julie_ wrote:
Maria. wrote:I've made an appointment now for next Monday. It's such a chore phoning them.

makes me laugh that ytou have to wait a week you could be better or dead by then

What gets me Julie, is the receptionist said she will get a nurse to phone me this morning to see if she can fit me in .. by this time I was fuming ... I put the phone down and the nurse phoned me about 50 seconds later ! I didn't answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 11:08

pixie79 wrote:When I lived over there, I had the same problem! I had a massive ear infection and was quite sick and could not get into the doctors. Over here it can still be a challenge but you can make appointments at your doctor, but you pay for your visits (and you get a rebate later) My last visit cost me $64 (about 30 quid). There are free doctors, but you have to do the same thing... call at 8-8.30am or line up. And you also pay full price for prescriptions... there is no set amount. Good thing I rarely get sick and only go about once every year or 2... even then I have to be forced by my husband who ultimately makes the appointment... plus, I'm a total tight a#se and begrudge paying LOL

Blimey, that's alot to be paying ! Balls to that Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 11:09

Like I said, you get a rebate... but that's the up front cost. Good to get sick around payday Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 11:21

wow that was quick i have waiting longer than that for an appointment

at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 11:24

lynne wrote:

wow that was quick i have waiting longer than that for an appointment

at wits end

I've had to wait 3 weeks once to see a Dr, not sure if a Dr is busier than a nurse or what, but it's bloody awful all the same having to wait !

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Mar 12 2012, 13:09

Ooooooo this one gets me too banghead banghead banghead with our doctors we have to ring at 8 am and hope the line is free to get an appointment for that day. By 5 past 8 all the appointments are gone anyway banghead banghead banghead

Does rather wind one up a tad. crying
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 13:29

Thats a silly rule. If i phoned my docs right now i would probably get an appointment by friday lol

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Mar 12 2012, 13:37

That's why I never see my doctor! When your seriously ill its a struggle to get up at all let alone wake up early to call when you can't even get out of bed for work!
The last couple of times I had something serious happen to me I went to my local hospital and was seen within 10 minutes by the hospital doctor.
The first time I accidentally stabbed my hand open with a knife trying to separate frozen burgers, it was horrible my hand looked like one of those surgery documentaries and my mum shouted at me for putting blood on the floor! Surprised Laughing I had a really cool scar but its nearly gone now.
The second time was over Christmas just gone, I thought I had just a cold (I'm not one of those people that rushes to the doctor for just anything) then I had coughing fit so bad I couldn't breathe and burst a blood vessel in my eye. Turned out I had a severe chest infection and needed two weeks of antibiotics. My bloody (literally) eye took three weeks to go away and its still more blood shot then the other now.
It was horrible not being able to breathe, I honestly thought I was going to die. It was actually on Christmas eve that I was in the hospital. All the staff were very nice.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down