shakespearesdog
Kathy
janey
Andy
steve76
Ben
11 posters

Go down

How is the transition from 2 dogs to 3? Empty How is the transition from 2 dogs to 3?

Post by Ben Mon Mar 05 2012, 23:39

Anybody have experience adding a third dog into the mix? I have 2 males and am considering a 3rd (female this time). One of my males is super submissive, other is so-so dominant and the girl I'm considering is a rescue that is 2 and great with other dogs and is submissive. She is also already fixed. Just curious to hear what others have experienced.

If I keep going at this pace I'm going to have about 30 soon... Big Grin
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

How is the transition from 2 dogs to 3? Empty Re: How is the transition from 2 dogs to 3?

Post by steve76 Mon Mar 05 2012, 23:46

not had it personally, but females seem to dominate males. so she put your boy in his place quite quickly. i know when we look after my father in laws staff bitch, she snaps at marley even though he is submissive, but him being a bit stupid just boulders his way in and she has no choice but to accept him there as he doesn't seem to get the message
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

How is the transition from 2 dogs to 3? Empty Re: How is the transition from 2 dogs to 3?

Post by Ben Mon Mar 05 2012, 23:47

Monte is the same way. Dense as a rock. Frosty would probably run and hide.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 23:48

As long as you introduce them all on neutral ground first & give them a chance to accept each other, I can't see a problem.

Mind you, I only ever had 3 dogs at one time once, and it very nearly wore me out! Big Grin A Belgian Tervueren, a GSD x Collie and a GSD. All big dogs & even the oldie was very active!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Mar 06 2012, 04:13

Ok. I may be crazy but...

Meet Piglet aka Piggie!
How is the transition from 2 dogs to 3? 96e7451f
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 04:34

that was very quick!!! did you have her already? she is gorgeous and the name suits haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Mar 06 2012, 04:38

I know. I think I need to be institutionalized. She might be here by this weekend or next. Lol. Let the increased fun begin!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 08:21

OMG she is gorgeous

good luck and hope everything goes ok

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Mar 06 2012, 08:58

Thats great news Ben Big Grin ... I cant think of a better home for a rescue staffy than yours Wink ... hope all goes as well as it did with Frosty (apart from the journey he had of course Sad )

thumbs up
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 09:11

Cant see the pics on this hookup so will look later at home. I think you are really brave Ben. I would love more than one. Looking forward to seeing them all together.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 06 2012, 09:31

She is so so cute! Where is she coming from? I've only had 1 dog, same as Lynne I would love another but haven't quite got the amount of space as you!!

Congrats love!! Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 09:33

Wow, she's a big girl! What a beauty! Love Struck

She'll soon put the other two (and you) in their places!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Mar 06 2012, 10:23

Wow Ben she is gorgeous, hope all goes well for you and the new addition thumbs up
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Tue Mar 06 2012, 11:57

Shes gorgeous but I don't like the name. How about something cuter like Sugar or Dolly? Just examples!

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by roxyrocket Tue Mar 06 2012, 12:02

Wow shes's a beauty!! Love Struck Hope all goes well for you all Smile Look forward to seeing the pics of them all together.
roxyrocket
roxyrocket

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 12:19

beautiful Love Struck she's blessed to have you. look forward to the "pack" pics Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 13:11

I had a dog and a bitch then got lexi, she was dominant over the both of them and would fight regularly with my bitch. I think two males might fight over her tbh and if she brings in any dominance she will fight with the males. Staffys are not like most dogs that males and females are said to get along. Staffs are all the same, they will like the dog or they won't. I know of a breeder who had a sire dam and two bitch pups. He killed one of the pup in a random attack when it was about 1 year old and before that they had always got along perfectly fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Mar 06 2012, 13:48

Thanks all! We are thinking of changing her name so no worries there. She is coming to us through the breeder we got the other two from so she knows all three dogs and all three get along with pretty much all other dogs. It will be an adjustment but we are willing to do the work. It will be very interesting to say the least. I'll keep you all updated.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 14:02

Good luck with the new addition, she is so pretty. If I had my way I would have a house full of dogs. The person I got Bella from had a few staffs and they all seemed to get on fine Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Tue Mar 06 2012, 14:27

I have had 3 dogs a few times first was a staff(f, 6), colliex(m,5), toy poodle(m,14) lol
We then lost the poodle and got given a gsd (f 1yr) after the staffie went we got another gsd (m, 8weeks)
The colliex lasted till he was 11 so we just kept the 2 gsds
The girl was 12 when we lost her and we were asked to take on their son (8yrs)and grandson (7 yrs)
Although i loved having 3 again 3 entire males was alot to handle so we found a good home for the son who lives with 2 other dogs
Unfortunately i think 2 staffs is enough for me at the moment so good luck with your new addition she does look alovely girl and i like piggie thats my Skyes nickname lol
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 14:56

Ty wrote:Cant see the pics on this hookup so will look later at home. I think you are really brave Ben. I would love more than one. Looking forward to seeing them all together.

Just had a look at the pic. She is gorgeous!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Mar 06 2012, 15:20

Thanks! Big Grin
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Mar 06 2012, 15:41

are the both boys done is she done also I dont want to s they boys may start fighting over if she comes on season

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Mar 06 2012, 15:49

Steve, they are all done for one reason or another. Monte is the only one that probably will remember as he fathered a couple litters but he is done. Frosty was done before I got him and so is the girlie. None have their bits or bots.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Tue Mar 06 2012, 15:59

Ahh I think she's gorgeous and I luv her name I think it's quite cute!!
If you got the room and the time then you should definitly give it a go with having 3!! I'd luv Mia to have a friend but we don't have the room!!
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 16:41

look forward to the updates and pics Big Grin She's a lucky girl to be coming into your family Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 17:54

Ohh how exciting, that was wuick ben lol.

Well we have 2 males n a female as you know, stan was brought up with tara so we knew they would get on, and hooch gets on great with her also they all love cuddling together.
We have had no issues all 3 are nutered and shes deffinantly boss out of the 3. hooch is more dominant out of stan and hooch but taras boss of all 3 for sure.

Good luck ben and i am looking forward too pics of all 3 shes an absolute cracker. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 18:53

Aw congrats Ben, she's gorgeous!

Good luck with the settling in, can't wait for pics Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Mar 06 2012, 21:10

I was hoping you'd chime in Shelly as I knew you had three and the same mix female males. Mine are also all neutered so crossing fingers. thanks Shon! Will defo take pics and post. Hope for as smooth an addition as Frosty. praying
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by wentzer Tue Mar 06 2012, 23:26

Ben I am so happy for you, hope things work out wonderfully. She is so jaw dropping. If i had the room, and didnt live in an apartment, I would have 50 million (haha j/k) dogs. I use to be a cat girl, but Daisy has turned me into more of a doggie girl lol.
wentzer
wentzer
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
How is the transition from 2 dogs to 3? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down