Moving House Again Need Advice Please

+4
*Karen*
Kathy
Steve
Tys mummy
8 posters

Go down

Moving House Again Need Advice Please Empty Moving House Again Need Advice Please

Post by Tys mummy Wed Feb 29 2012, 13:01

Hi All

How is every one? Last time I was on here properly I was telling you how I was moving and it was going to be great Ty would have loads of room to roam and play well he did but as you can see from the topic title I am moving again. This house is smaller but is still rally close to a big park for Tys walks and some summer fun Im sure lol. The problem I have is the property that we are moving to is rented and the previous tenant had dogs once she left the property hadnt been touched all the carpets are still down and wall paper still up etc. The landlord isnt doin any work on the property thats why I have ended up with it so cheap £260 a month. What I need help with is the house stinks of her dogs and its not a very nice smell I have been told I can have access to the property before we move so I can have a clean and make sure its ok for Ty so was wondering what would be the best way to rid the place of the old tenants dogs smells before Ty gets there and starts going nut because he can smell another dog but cant find it. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in Advance

Elishia & Ty xx
Tys mummy
Tys mummy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Moving House Again Need Advice Please Empty Re: Moving House Again Need Advice Please

Post by Steve Wed Feb 29 2012, 13:03

i would get a carpet cleaner Tongues

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Moving House Again Need Advice Please Empty Re: Moving House Again Need Advice Please

Post by Kathy Wed Feb 29 2012, 13:52

Can you get there and open the windows, give the house a good airing. Febreze is pretty good at eliminating odours too.

The carpet cleaner Steve suggested may be a good idea too. Maybe you could hire one??
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Wed Feb 29 2012, 21:33

Any small local tool hire company should have carpet cleaners to rent, definitly do that if you can, you could also do that new vanish deep clean carpet cleaner, it's very good!

I think you'll just need to air it out really well to be honest, lots of open windows but at least the weather is better at the mo!

*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 29 2012, 21:39

Get decorating, doesn't have to cost much, and yes I would hire a carpet cleaner or replace, make it yours Big Grin Its so rewarding, even the slightest change Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 22:13

Hire one of the industrial size carpet cleaners! Most Morrisons supermarkets hire them out at quite reasonable rates & they're very efficient.

If you can run to the expense of some paint, I'd get a roller & some matt or silk emulsion & give the walls a once-over as well. If the skirting boards & doors are in a reasonable state then a good wash will get rid of dirt & other doggie smells.

Good luck, hope the move goes well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 22:26

What everyone else says really. But if the smell of dogs is that bad, keep the windows open to air the place even when you're cleaning the carpet. I think you can also buy those things where, you put this thing in the room and it explodes (safely of course) and releases a strong oder into the room taking out the bad smells ... or is that just for inside cars ? Laughing

Definitley use the Fabreeze too. Do what I do, run around in circles, jump high and low and dance like a fairy all through the house whilst you just keep on spraying the damn thing.. Monty goes mad for it Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 23:12

Maria. wrote: Do what I do, run around in circles, jump high and low and dance like a fairy all through the house :

.......each to their own, I guess! I dont want to s

Moving House Again Need Advice Please Fairy

Last edited by Caryll on Wed Feb 29 2012, 23:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 23:15

Caryll wrote:
Maria. wrote: Do what I do, run around in circles, jump high and low and dance like a fairy all through the house :

Try it, it's liberating Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Feb 29 2012, 23:20

Maria. wrote:
Caryll wrote:

rolling on the floor My daughter does that for us, but she is only 4 Maria!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 23:25

bbimson wrote:
Maria. wrote:
Caryll wrote:

rolling on the floor My daughter does that for us, but she is only 4 Maria!

You're never to old to be young, that's what I say ! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 23:33

Agree with all the advice. You would be surprised what leaving the windows open and letting fresh air in will do to get rid of smells. A couple bottles of Febreeze will also do wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 11:05

Good advice all round. An inexpensive and effective way to get rid of all pet odours is to mix sugical spirits with water in a spray bottle and spray everywhere. You use about 300 ml in a litre. I get surgical spirits in 750ml bottles from my pharmacy and the give me a good price on 'expired' stock. Not good enough for medical use but does the trick.

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Fri Mar 02 2012, 16:46

You could try some off those plugins i have them around my home and they seem to work.Especially those with the 3 changing fragrances in them.
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Fri Mar 02 2012, 17:52

Thanks everyone I have got some air freshners carpet shampoos some shake n vac and some other bits to try out next weekend I will also be leaving the windows open as long as I can to air it out. It does smell really bad so am gonna do all I can to make it smell nice and clean for when me and my fur baby move in on 19th march if none of the above works I will be going to the new Morrisons in New Brighton to rent a carpet cleaner lol.
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Fri Mar 02 2012, 17:56

b&q rent carpet cleaners aswell
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down