Can anyone help me figure out the cross of my staffy.

+6
Diwrnach
janey
dillibags
Pado
Steve
Loz&Dan
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Can anyone help me figure out the cross of my staffy.  - Page 2 Empty Can anyone help me figure out the cross of my staffy.

Post by Loz&Dan Thu Feb 09 2012, 17:19

First topic message reminder :

This is my staffy jasper we got him from battersea dogs home about 2 years ago and they said he was a staffy cross. We've never known what he's actually crossed with, just wondering if anyone had any ideas from the pic below?

Thank you guys Smile

Can anyone help me figure out the cross of my staffy.  - Page 2 Img-2010
Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jasper Faith Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Female 1 Male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help me figure out the cross of my staffy.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Can anyone help me figure out the cross of my staffy.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 15:05

CatStina wrote:Caryll, I disagree that fighting dogs are "ripped." Take a look at all of the dogs rescued from fighting rings recently in the US. None of them are overly muscled. An overly massive dog would not be able to perform in the pit. They are strong and toned.

I'm not saying that fighting dogs are ripped - read it again! I'm saying that it makes the dog look like a fighting dog - an image we can well do without. Ripped dogs are not massive, anyway, just stripped right down to the muscle. Also, keeping a dog in such a condition all the time is bad for it - even professional boxers only completely tone up just before a fight! Being at such a fine-tuned level all the time is not healthy.

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help me figure out the cross of my staffy.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Can anyone help me figure out the cross of my staffy.

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Feb 10 2012, 15:25

People hate fat at the moment in society, its seen as the enemy and this paranoia is extending to pets.
Its very unhealthy for a dog to have constantly very low body fat, same as people. (Its what helped contribute to the death of Bruce Lee if anyones interested!)
I've seen so many dogs in the park, mostly boxers funnily enough, skinny enough to count every rib and bellies pressed tight to their backbone, yet the owner thinks they're fit and lean. They're useally fed some crap like Waggs.
I got a shock when I read the Boxer breed standard and it describes them as 'stocky'.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 16:14

This is what I think of when I think of ripped dogs:
Can anyone help me figure out the cross of my staffy.  - Page 2 Ripped_up_pit_bull

This is a dog in the process of being rescued from a fight bust:
Can anyone help me figure out the cross of my staffy.  - Page 2 Image5147570x

I wouldn't call that "ripped," but I think you and I may have different definitions of "ripped."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 17:07

To me, ripped is the removal of every ounce of fat, whether or not there is massive muscle development. Believe me, some of the staffs at crufts had no fat but very little muscle!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 20:36

I always considered that description to be "toned" rather than "ripped." good to understand where you are coming from.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 21:05

he's adorable Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fri Sep 07 2012, 11:44

Hi Kaarlos, welcome to the forum. why not try introducing yourself here https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions
There are lots of people here willing to help our new members.
As for what cross if any, its really hard to tell at that age as they are usually a mish mash of growth spurts. I have a four month old cross and she looks nothing like either of her parents breed at the moment.
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Leicsblondie Fri Sep 07 2012, 11:53

I noticed a stand at a Kennel Club dog show recently that offered doggy dna testing. I've had a look online because I don't know if Daisy is purebreed or crossbred. Might be worth considering doing one of the tests? - they look quite easy to do and the labs have a large database of dogs to match the dna to.
Leicsblondie
Leicsblondie
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy Duke
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Sep 07 2012, 11:55

Leicsblondie wrote:I noticed a stand at a Kennel Club dog show recently that offered doggy dna testing. I've had a look online because I don't know if Daisy is purebreed or crossbred. Might be worth considering doing one of the tests? - they look quite easy to do and the labs have a large database of dogs to match the dna to.

DNA tests are pretty much a waste of time, I wouldn't waste your money tbh XX
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Leicsblondie Fri Sep 07 2012, 12:03

Why's that Janey - have you had one done?
Leicsblondie
Leicsblondie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy Duke
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Sep 07 2012, 12:12

I haven't myself but have heard a few stories from people who have and it comes back with the most bizare results Laughing

Daisy is adorable so I wouldn't worry if I where you Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by kaarlos01 Sat Sep 08 2012, 01:30

can any1 help i want to find out what my staffies crossed with as the person i got him off doesnt no? thankss in advance Can anyone help me figure out the cross of my staffy.  - Page 2 IMG_0013
kaarlos01
kaarlos01
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : mylo
Dog(s) Ages : 3month+
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2