Help with toilet training

Go down

Help with toilet training Empty Help with toilet training

Post by welshowen Tue Jan 31 2012, 11:55

I'm sure this been covered many times, so apologies for being lazy and not searching.

I've had Lola for two weeks now, and her temperament and personality have won her many admirers.

She still wees in the house occasionally though.

She doesn't tend to wee where she sleeps, but will occasionally do one in the living room on the carpet. I do give her encouragement when she does it outside and immediatley clean it up when she does it inside and tell her no, but I just wondered if there is anything else I could be doing.

Thanks.
welshowen
welshowen
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Help with toilet training Empty Re: Help with toilet training

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 12:10

She's only been with you for, what was it, less than a month? She's probably still settling down & it could be a touch of anxiety. It can take a rescue dog a few months to really be comfortable to a point whwre they feel totally safe & secure.

I'd ignore it if I were you (don't tell her off, she won't understand) & just clean it up with a non-amonia based cleaner (diluted biological washing liquid works well) and keep letting her know where she's supposed to go. Give her loads of praise every time she wees in the garden/on walks and she'll soon get the idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 20:57

You could also take her out at regular times and stay with her until she does go. Good times to do it are aftera nap, exercise, or eating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down