staffies in a bad light again grrrrrrr

+2
Dan
harlou
6 posters

Go down

staffies in a bad light again grrrrrrr Empty staffies in a bad light again grrrrrrr

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 10:04

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/crime/retired_cop_s_dog_mauled_in_park_by_bull_terrier_1_4194870#.Tye7182aODM.gmail angry

Back to top Go down

staffies in a bad light again grrrrrrr Empty Re: staffies in a bad light again grrrrrrr

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 10:07

if you look at the comments it gives a ray of hope that not everyone is so against staffs.
and tonyt is my hidden id Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

staffies in a bad light again grrrrrrr Empty Re: staffies in a bad light again grrrrrrr

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 10:16

I hate the way the media overreacts to things. I may be a bit overexcited on the topic but if a retired law enforcement offical thinks the most traumitic thing they have ever seen was a one minute dog attack and it will haunt them forever they are a bit pathetic and just looking for attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 10:26

my post under my false id tonyt iv actually posted about her highland terrier on here before on at least 4 occasions he has went for memphis he is wicked.
i in no way would say she deserved it as her poodle is super placid.
but she needs to relies her own dog got a lot of DA

ps
im not having a go at people in general having there dogs off lead its just in that park there is a strict(but not enforced anought)dogs on lead as there are children ducks. swans, water,just a lot of things can go wrong in there and there a huge park just a minute away were dogs can be offlead

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 10:39

I have a serious dislike for people with smaller breeds who don't train their dogs at all and think that it is acceptable for them to bark at and lunge at any dog because they are little and can't do any harm. Then when there is a reaction or incident they scream that the larger dog is vicious and should be PTS or banned.

If you are not confident that you're dog is socialized and trained you should not let it off lead in a publc place. To do so IMHO is at best irresponsible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 11:01

Jstaff, I totally agree with you.

You'll notice in the report that the attacking dog was called a Bull Terrier 4 times, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier once, and a comment made that Staffs are not banned (no, really?). The press are as guilty of demonising the bull breeds as irresponsible owners are.

One bit I took great exception to was...

"This dog could kill a child. They are a vile breed of dog." For goodness sake, when will they wake up - any breed of dog can kill a child! That doesn't mean it's going to!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 11:09

That's a bit of relief I thought someone would strongly disagree with at least one of my opinions Big Grin

Seriously though I can't stand the media but sadly way to often the general public thinks that if the media reports something it is an absolute truth. Instead of just accepting this I wish people would look at it as an advertisement or an opinion and not just go with blind faith.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 11:16

That's the trouble. Most people (even intelligent ones) are like sheep - if it's printed in their favourite newspaper it must be true. They never try to look behind the article & form their own opinions!

jstaff wrote:I have a serious dislike for people with smaller breeds who don't train their dogs at all and think that it is acceptable for them to bark at and lunge at any dog because they are little and can't do any harm. Then when there is a reaction or incident they scream that the larger dog is vicious and should be PTS or banned.

On Dempsey's walk last night a rat-in-a-wig came hurtling over to him (he was on lead) snapping & snarling & trying to take chunks out of him. Although he skipped around to keep facing the little b*gger he did nothing for a couple of minutes. Then just as the owner sauntered over (with a ridiculous grin on her face) he decided he'd had enough & he kicked off. That was it, the woman suddenly started ranting & raving about 'dangerous dogs' and how they all ought to be banned/pts etc. I was not amused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 11:19

I like to refer to them as sheeple. It's sad that the ability to think for yourself has gone by the wayside

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 12:06

reading the comments on this article that people are leaving at the bottem of the piece is giving me a lot happier feeling about the people in my town go south tynesiders lol
hopefully more people will start having the same views

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 17:18

and now the staffy bashing crew are on
haha time to beat them down the muppets lol

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Tue Jan 31 2012, 17:47

It was a stray ,poor dog was probably frightned ,i bet the stupid poodle snapped at it (hideous little dogs)
harlou
harlou
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
staffies in a bad light again grrrrrrr Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 20:39

As I said, ignoring the negative reports will not make them go away.

yes but constantly posting them isnt right either.
How bout a balance?
Who moderates these posts any way.
I thought this was staffy nice post not staffy bleet post.
If your not happy with the way the press portray staffs DO SOMETHING!
use this site as a tool!
not a place to moan about it as THAT does nothing but turn people like myself who are looking for alies away. Your of no use to me if that is all your capable of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 20:42

i love the comment from the person who knows her and her dogs and says one is a sweety the other is far from it. she didnt say her dog was a pig when she talked to the papers did she

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 21:42

_julie_ wrote:i love the comment from the person who knows her and her dogs and says one is a sweety the other is far from it. she didnt say her dog was a pig when she talked to the papers did she

That was probably Wazza!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31 2012, 22:35

yip it was lol.
and it was actully me that phoned the dog shelter up to make sure the dog responcible was ok and to find out if it was acctully a staff
but all i could get out of them was its a bull terrier type

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Wed Feb 01 2012, 08:39

WE have just sent a letter to the shields gazette asking them why they are demonizing staffys,and invited them to meet Olly ,where ever he goes people comment on what a nice freindly dog he is totally non agressive even when attacked by various breeds (one of the most stupid reasons was that their dog a great big fat husky had been attacked by a staffy so he hates them all ,he still had it off the lead P++ck). And that we take Olly to the nursing home that my father is resident in ,Olly is liked by staff and residents alike .Will let you know if we get a response !
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 09:33

Tongues harlou beat you to it i was in contact with them yesterday asking why they were stating it was a staffordshire bull terrier when infact it was a bull terrier"type"

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:50

I think the press only want something to demonise ,whether its staffys or whatever ,they never want to print anything positive ,Thats why this country is so depressing ,the more crap you read the more it gets to you!!!!!!!!!!!!
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 10:58

thats were the dogs come in and take your mind off all the cra p goin on in the world lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Wed Feb 01 2012, 11:20

Guest wrote:As I said, ignoring the negative reports will not make them go away.

yes but constantly posting them isnt right either.
How bout a balance?
Who moderates these posts any way.
I thought this was staffy nice post not staffy bleet post.
If your not happy with the way the press portray staffs DO SOMETHING!
use this site as a tool!
not a place to moan about it as THAT does nothing but turn people like myself who are looking for alies away. Your of no use to me if that is all your capable of.

Enlighten us on how to change other peoples ignorance? Staffy's physical looks and strong jaws will always mean that this breed will be pushing up hill against those who think negatively of them. We can only educate those who are willing to learn.
Dan
Dan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Jack - Max
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years - 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male - Male
Support total : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 11:46

wew, I think some of you (bigwazza maybe) should try and t up a job for yourself in the media industry and get the ball rolling on positive news reports on staffys... it can be done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01 2012, 12:36

i like a good old moan and i will pull the media everytime lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiantpaper Wed Feb 01 2012, 21:24

jstaff wrote:I hate the way the media overreacts to things. I may be a bit overexcited on the topic but if a retired law enforcement offical thinks the most traumitic thing they have ever seen was a one minute dog attack and it will haunt them forever they are a bit pathetic and just looking for attention.

She was probably kicked out of the force as a result of it.
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2

http://www.zestlifecoaching.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04 2012, 15:10

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/crime/ex_cop_presses_for_tougher_dog_rules_1_4212713

the second instalment im really taking a dislike to this woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04 2012, 15:27

"Police and South Tyneside Council’s dog warden arrived and removed the attack dog".

This is just a nasty play on words , god love the press

Back to top Go down

Post by thepack Sat Feb 04 2012, 20:05

We staffy owners need to unite and make oour own newspapers.

I have no idea how we could do this but need our own paper or one who can back us up to do regular reports on the good side of the breed- ie Tilli and other PAT Dogs who are staffs and the behind the scenes work they do.

I am fed up to the back teeth with media scaremongering it drives me mad. i recently signed a petition on line to stop the media being allowed to scaremonger they way they do, think the more signatures on their would make a start towards helping.

I recently had some special hoodies made up for bull breed owners - 'MISJUDGED... Proud to own a bull breed'

I will be wearing mine with pride when ever i walk my babies or attend shows with them

Claire

thepack
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Feb 04 2012, 20:40

i just read that no one had come forward to claim the dog and that it has been destroyed.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Sat Feb 04 2012, 21:30

This stupid bigoted woman is just after her 5 mins of fame,the reality is there are too many sensible sbt owners ,the mp she is going to see is only interested in (hmmmm maybe i should not say could be libelous),last saturday in south shields a husky attacked and mauled a westie on the beach where was the report on that ,there are lots of dog on dog attacks but cheap crappy papers like this one report the very rare sbt attacks cos it sells their crap ,senile old git should have had her yappy nasty little mut on a lead ,sorry but this sort of crap really pisses me off, im going to have a drink or two !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05 2012, 15:34

harlou was that you that put the comment on

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Sun Feb 05 2012, 20:10

Possibly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05 2012, 22:48

harlou wrote:Possibly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thought it was only thing was you dropped two years on your age lol Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Mon Feb 06 2012, 15:26

NO that was my wife far more articulate than me ! uses much bigger swear words!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind she got her age wrong shes stil only a sprightly 52.
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 16:02

haha that makes a change A WOMAN ADDING TO HER AGE Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Mon Feb 06 2012, 17:27

They get confused as they get older, lol Laughing
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Wed Feb 08 2012, 23:23

Gah this real raises my hackles. My step mother ownd a toy poodel... i have had, in its life time, 16 individual stictches from it attacking me. Its no longer alive as it was .... litterly torn apart by a great dane...

this really ribbs me too
“The people who own these animals are macho-men who have no sense of responsibility. These dogs must be better controlled

Um, ok. i'm a 166cm, 60kg blonde female, who works in the fashion industry!i like painting my nails and wearing dimonds, as much as i like going dirt bike riding and taking romeo to the forrest. Dont tar me with a brush they use to paint Chevvs!

Love how in the first artical it was bloody 3 different breeds and then they settled on sbt in the second.
whats funny is here last week there was a chuauahwa killed by a Irish Setter, i know because it happened like 3 blocks away from me and the whole area is talking about it. HAVENT SEEN THAT IN THE PAPER NOW HAVE I!
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down