Barking

2 posters

Go down

Barking Empty Barking

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 13:30

Basically so many times through out the day vinnie will start barking at nothing! i've checked the area and there us NOTHING there! lol he will occasionaly growl at it aswell, but it mainly seems to be at the 2 windows we have in our living room, where he can see out onto the grove, occasionaly there is a cat but this goes on for while after the cat has been seen! he manages to jump onto the setea and stand on the back to look out .. i've took him down and i've even moved the nets and constantly telling him no etc and theres nothing there lol! .. i dunno if its the shadow coming in from the window or if its because he has seen a cat out there before not sure
Does anyone else's pup do this?

Back to top Go down

Barking Empty Re: Barking

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 13:32

yea kaos has litterally in the last week started doing this its a real low deep bark and appears to be for no reason as well, im sure it must be something like u said a funny shadow or summit! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 13:34

yhh alot deeper than what he usually does like playing etc .. he only started it during the past few days aswell .. but her barely does it when my mom's home .. more when im alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 13:38

Taz does this he whines,barks and growls in the bay window but there's nothing there, just watch it doesn't turn into a bad habit especially if you don't have strong windows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 13:42

If he only does it when you're home on your own, he could be protecting you from danger. Not actual danger, but danger as he sees it! A shadow across the window, or the net moving in a draught etc.

Do you react to it every time? If so, what do you do exactly?

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Nov 24 2010, 13:45

Yep mine does it too, it just gets on my nerves when its 3 in the morning!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 14:23

I dont react everytime .. i usually react and firmly tell him "NO" when he gets loud!, he sits on my shoulder behined me and then barks out the window etc.. my mom has literally just walked into the house and his gone straight on his bed and snoring his head of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 14:35

How is he with obedience commands? If there's something he does well, try using that to distract him.

Also, don't look out the window, you'll only fuel the idea that there's a problem. Ignore the window & give a command - distract & then praise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 14:38

His still learning at the mo, he nows right from wrong and he knws stop and sit and no etc sometimes he's got selective hearing! lol but he is still learning .
Deffo will do that! Smile thanks for the advice Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 15:51

Hahaha! Selective deafness is a hereditary problem with all the bully breeds! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 17:17

iv said in previous posts about barking when he barks tell him shhhhh with a finger on your lips when he stops give him praise and in time you will be able to stop him barking just with the gesture of finger on lips my wife finds this most usfull if someone comes to the door and she dont know who it is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24 2010, 17:23

arrr ok fab i'l try that! Smile thanks ... haha i noticed the selective hearing specially w. my last one lol

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Wed Nov 24 2010, 20:16

I think ur dog might be seeing there reflection in the window sounds like it anyway
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content