Crying, Screaming and Barking whilst I'm away

2 posters

Go down

Crying, Screaming and Barking whilst I'm away Empty Crying, Screaming and Barking whilst I'm away

Post by Skullkandi Wed Jan 25 2012, 14:27

Just fostering a stafford pup for a month, but he's already turning out to be trouble =P
How would I stop him screaming, barking and crying whilst I'm away, he didn't do it at his old home.
I'm testing him for the week to see if i could foster him for 1 month.
Skullkandi
Skullkandi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Crying, Screaming and Barking whilst I'm away Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Crying, Screaming and Barking whilst I'm away Empty Re: Crying, Screaming and Barking whilst I'm away

Post by maria0077 Wed Jan 25 2012, 14:55

Hi,
it might be that he still does not feel that much safe and at home at yours? So he is terrified, I think for a dog to be abandonned used to mean to die (in the wild with no pack to hunt) so it must be terrible for a puppy until he gets used to it Blushing
I'd start leaving him for short periods of time at first, slowly building it up.
I always leave TV on for Stella and some T-shirts of mine, I think it helps as well. And some toys, she for example loves destroying paper/carton things so I leave this for her as well to keep her occupied at least a bit...
Others will definitely have some experienced ideas for you,
Good Luck
X
maria0077
maria0077

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Crying, Screaming and Barking whilst I'm away Empty Re: Crying, Screaming and Barking whilst I'm away

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 20:32

Agree with the above and that is the same thing we do with Suki. The only other thing I can advise is to take him for a good long walk right before you have to leave so that he will be tired when you are away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Wed Jan 25 2012, 21:12

Well, thank you guys!
I have the TV on right now and took him for a looong walk, bless him. 7months old and he tells me when he's got a balanced energy because he stops pulling and starts looking. Thank you so much :3
Skullkandi
Skullkandi

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 16:20

Wow you have a lot on your plate. Fostering a pup and handling Junior. Respect!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down