+5
fay_elizabeth
freyj4z
jshrew
janey
Sazzle
9 posters

Go down

Children screaming at the sight of Zara Empty Children screaming at the sight of Zara

Post by Limey Sun Apr 27 2014, 21:35

Took Zara to the nine bridges today as I always to every day. This place is mainly used by dog walkers but people do come to relax by the water and walk around. There is a family who own some land near by and stay there in there caravans. Very friendly and polite family. Although today around six of the children where out playing by the nine bridges (no adults present) ranging from the age of about 3 to11
We had only just arrived so luckily Zara was still on her lead. I had to pass the children to carry on with our walk. Well as we did this the children went crazy screaming "oh my god get that dog away from us" one girl was screaming at the top of her voice and the eldest boy said " you keep that dog away from me or I swear I will....he didn't finish his sentence.
It was an awful situation. I felt terrible. Zara was fully under control on her lead. I feel really sad about it. It was almost like they saw her as the devil. Really shook me up and upset me...... And they where only kids
Just wanted to share this rather strange experience with you
Decided to carry on going there but park up the complete opposite side to where they stay as Zara loves it there. I do not want this to happen again
Limey
Limey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Zara
Dog(s) Ages : 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 38

Back to top Go down

Children screaming at the sight of Zara Empty Re: Children screaming at the sight of Zara

Post by Sazzle Sun Apr 27 2014, 21:37

How strange!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Children screaming at the sight of Zara Empty Re: Children screaming at the sight of Zara

Post by Limey Sun Apr 27 2014, 21:38

It was very strange!!!
Limey
Limey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Apr 27 2014, 21:41

Brats.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sun Apr 27 2014, 22:09

I saw something similar happen in the park think it was a lab on lead further down away from us and this kid about 5-6yrs with his mum he just freaked screaming, crying etc and properly scaring the dog, it put Ledger on alert across the park the poor owner was just stunned.

Can understand kids being scared of dogs but don't understand why parents would put them in those situations like mine was at the end of a narrow short cut path in a popular dog walking area I don't even walk Ledger that way if there is a dog I don't know coming the other way it's just too narrow
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by freyj4z Mon Apr 28 2014, 07:02

My friend had this happen, her partner was walking her dog, he was let off the lead in the park, this old woman started screaming before he was anywhere near her which in turn made her Yorkshire attack my friebds dog... and my friebds dog unfortunately finished it..... fair enough people might be frightened of dogs but when people encourage fear the situation can end up so much worse.
freyj4z
freyj4z

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Loki
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28 2014, 08:18

I agree with janey, horrible brats!!

Back to top Go down

Post by fay_elizabeth Mon Apr 28 2014, 11:29

Horrible!
Did you say anything to them?
fay_elizabeth
fay_elizabeth
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Prudence
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months
Support total : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Apr 28 2014, 11:56

I cannot understand why children have to scream at the top of their voices sometimes, so stressful.  Surprised 
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey Mon Apr 28 2014, 13:18

I just said don't be scared of her she's a lovely friendly dog.... Which made no difference what so ever. I just kept Zara close to me as all the screaming was exciting her at first and then I could tell she was confused.
Yes they where little brats!!
What has confused me is that they have two huge German shepherds on their land. So surely they are use to dogs and there is always lots of dogs in this area.
Limey
Limey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Apr 28 2014, 18:38

Cause they are just little Brats Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mon Apr 28 2014, 21:16

There could be an underlying issue here, a bad experiance with another dog perhaps. remember children arnt always rational and parents can breed fear into them as well.
I get my fair share of people giving us a wide birth, picking up toddlers, small dogs etc like im waving about a large kitchen knife with a manic stare.
just remember they dont know your dog, they are probably very uneducated about dogs, they probably beleive everything they read in the press like gormless sheep.
why it makes you feel uncomfortable, its your dog, you know its a big softie that given half a chance would shower them with loving licks and kisses. you have an "insult my dog your insult me" attitude just like every other person on the forum. Its hard to overcome mate but you will and sometimes you will bump into people that are the polar oposite, usually around autumn and winter when the fair weather walkers only go as far as kicking there dogs out into the garden.
you will grow a thick skin and not give a damn about these idiots in time so dont worry. Personally i was exactley the same, now i just giggle inside or feel pity for there ignorance.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by dazoldo Mon Apr 28 2014, 21:35

i visited the estate agents that handle my rental properties a couple of weeks ago and,as always,took tessa with me. they are fine with me taking her in there and always make a fuss of her and even keep a bowl for water. i am sat talking to my agent when a little girl of about 5 or 6 comes over to stroke tessa and she loves this because,like all staffies,she loves kids. her mother screams from the other side of the office OH GOD NO and runs across to grab her daughter,scaring her and tessa half to death. then she tells me that my dog looks "sinister" and that i should be locked up for wanting to own a "child killer".
i didn't try to explain anything to her because she was obviously a daily mail reader so it would have been pointless but it does wind me up that these people are so prejudice and that little girl will never know what it's like to have a staffie cuddle.

dazoldo
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : tessa
Dog(s) Ages : around 4 we think
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Apr 28 2014, 21:53

Yep but these little sh1ts have 2 GSD, sorry I would like to make excuses but some kids are just horrible! lol x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey Tue Apr 29 2014, 13:15

Hi .... Thank you for all your replies. Feeling much better today. Went back for our usual early evening walk....the father of the screaming children was around.... So I told him about the children's reactions.... He apologised on there behalf and said he would speak to them... Oh and went on to say what a beautiful dog I have....
Limey
Limey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Apr 29 2014, 19:40

Well done you Smile Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down