Rant about my brother and his lack of care for frankie.

5 posters

Go down

Rant about my brother and his lack of care for frankie. Empty Rant about my brother and his lack of care for frankie.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 20:06

I just need too let some anger out.

I have been on the phone too my nan who lives next door too my brother and she has told me my brothers leaving frankie from about 6 in the morning till late without walks etc and hes crying and barking all day.

I just wanna cry frankie is such a lovely dog, i knew my brother had been leaving him long hours and i honestly thought through talking too him that things had changed but have they hell im so disapointed in my brother.

I just dont know what too do i live 3 hours away and only go too see them every couple of months, frankie is such a wounderful dog and deserves so much better.

I understand my brother has too work as we all do , but come on a walk before work and straight after is a must and making him his number one priority.

I spoke too my brother about this on the phone and he put the phone down he was in the city and from what my nan tells me hasnt been home all day frankie just crys and barks my nan goes and talks to him bless her she has her own dog too.

Ive told him before if he dosnt give frankie the care he needs he should rehome him too someone who will but all i get is frankies mine blah blah blah almost like hes his possesion.

Does anyone have any advice??? my brother just wont listen too me!!!!!

all this just as ive posted pics of the hunk GRRR

Back to top Go down

Rant about my brother and his lack of care for frankie. Empty Re: Rant about my brother and his lack of care for frankie.

Post by Kathy Thu Jan 12 2012, 21:13

Shell, what do you do?

Do you think he would take any notice of anyone else, from outside the family. Yes OK your brother goes to work but sadly he is neglecting the dog.

Could you get someone to write to him or make a telephone call. Take a look at the link below it may be worth you sending them an email and ask for advice there. If you explain that you have tried talking to him but he is not really taking any notice? I am not trying to stick my nose into other peoples business but I think he may need to hear it from someone else.

I really hope you can find the help you need. Good luck.

http://www.pet-owners.co.uk/
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Rant about my brother and his lack of care for frankie. Empty Re: Rant about my brother and his lack of care for frankie.

Post by Andy Thu Jan 12 2012, 21:19

Very difficult when its family Sad ... if it wasnt, you prob wouldnt think twice about reporting that type of treatment as would I ... but when its ya bro ???????
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 21:44

kathytake2 wrote:Shell, what do you do?

Do you think he would take any notice of anyone else, from outside the family. Yes OK your brother goes to work but sadly he is neglecting the dog.

Could you get someone to write to him or make a telephone call. Take a look at the link below it may be worth you sending them an email and ask for advice there. If you explain that you have tried talking to him but he is not really taking any notice? I am not trying to stick my nose into other peoples business but I think he may need to hear it from someone else.

I really hope you can find the help you need. Good luck.

http://www.pet-owners.co.uk/

Thanks for the reply i will take a look at that site.

My uncle is over at my nans at the moment for a few weeks he has already told my brother he will report him too the rspca if he dont sort it out, i spoke too my uncle today and he said he has tried speaking to my bro but hes not there, my nans told him my mums told him im always on at him asking how frankie is etc.
If this wasnt my brother i would want too report him, problem is even if rspca are called they wouldnt do anything he has shelter and water, he has access to the garden and the conserventry. all the time.

Im just at such a loss, spoke too my mum today and i got so your taking sides with your uncle...... which my reply was im not taking anyones side i want whats best for frankie.

Andy wrote:Very difficult when its family Sad ... if it wasnt, you prob wouldnt think twice about reporting that type of treatment as would I ... but when its ya bro ???????

I just dont know what to do hes head strong, hes older than me so maybe thats why he wont listen.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jan 12 2012, 21:54

Hmmmm very tricky one Shell thinking
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 21:57

Have you tried writing an e-mail or a letter to express your concerns and reasons for it? Sometimes speaking on the phone or in person can be confrontational. An e-mail will let you make all of your points at once. You could also suggest seeing if a friend or neighbor could take the dog for a walk during the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 22:01

Yup very tricky esp when the person wont listen and just ignores you!!!we already took tara on because she wasnt getting what she needed shes thriving now shes lives with us and getting what she deserves.

If i could i would take him on but i know we couldnt have 4 esp 3 males and plus we rent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 22:06

jstaff wrote:Have you tried writing an e-mail or a letter to express your concerns and reasons for it? Sometimes speaking on the phone or in person can be confrontational. An e-mail will let you make all of your points at once. You could also suggest seeing if a friend or neighbor could take the dog for a walk during the day.

Ive tried talking over fb, no luck he would just ignore the email. un forantly there isnt anyone who would my nans 91 who lives next too him and she woudnt be able too walk him and the other neoghbours wouldnt either.

Apparently my mums been taking him too the pub where she works now and then but its just not good enough.

My brother goes too the gym etc this gets too me he pays too get fit hes got a dog he could get fit with and burn frankies energy. My brother has his prioritys well and truly messed up. He dosnt walk him before work if he did it wouldnt be such a problem my nan goes too speak too him during the day hes just not gettinf the exercise he needs, except the 2 days my brothers off work :/

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Fri Jan 13 2012, 00:06

What a horrible situation hope you can work something out!

Think I'd maybe try suggesting he tries Canix or hiring a dog walker obviously making him think it was his idea or instead of an approach where he might not feel like he will just be stubborn for the sake of it kind of "OMG I have just tried......it was amazing you really should give it a go"
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 00:22

My husband and I work as well... but luckily my husband does shift work so Vlad isn't home for hugely long hours by himself. We keep his routine when we are home, and we know he's content because he doesn't cry or bark (except when he's in his kennel because he likes the way it echoes we think... silly puppy!) He gets walked at least once a day and if it isn't going to be more than one due to our work, it's a BIG walk... then in lieu of a second walk we run him around the back yard... chasing him and him chasing us, kicking the ball, playing with his tug toys etc... and we feel guilty because we don't think we do enough. I feel awful for Frankie... I don't know how much you can do. Your lucky to have such an attentive nan! xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Jan 13 2012, 03:07

So sorry Shelly. What a horrid predicament. Today for the second time this week a dog that live a mile and a half from me showed up in my yard. Lucky I was home for lunch, but when I called the owner she said ,"oh, he gets out all the time. Can you keep him for a few hours or bring him to my work?" WTH? I took her to him bc I couldn't justify punishing the poor neglected pooch by tying him to a tree or calling animal services. And no lady, I have to go to my own office and I'm not risking my own dogs. Drives me mad. I make all sorts of ways to care for my two. I can't stand the thought of them being left for more than a few hours and they are never left outside! So frustrating. You really are in a tough spot.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by oldsalt Fri Jan 13 2012, 05:23

Talk him into paying a local school kid to walk the dog daily, it shouldn't cost very much.
oldsalt
oldsalt
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Angus McTavish
Dog(s) Ages : 2,5
Support total : 2

http://www.tri-service.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 08:33

what a predicament, i would suggest a dog walker to pop in and see how that works

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 08:56

What a predicament. I would not have committed to getting Ty had I not been in a position to give him enough attention. I am assuming Frankie is a staff which makes this even more troubling. They need their people around and excercise is essential.

I think that the suggestion of getting a dog walker is a good one. I know its family but I dont think a walk before and after work is that much of a stretch for a fit guy who goes to gym.

Hang in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 10:09

This is what annoys me hes happy too go exercise at the gym hes a v ery active man, yet when it comes too frankie hes not doing it.

I know he loves frankie but he dosnt appear too love him in the way that frankie is his number one priority.

Ours have been left from 7.30 till 4.30 before with my oh coming back at lunch for an hour because we work but they have the run of the house and access too the garden and this is only now and again and they get a walk before we leave, i know we have too work but my brother i feel is taking the gip when hes not walking him before work and making sure he goes straight home from work that he walks frankie.

Ive asked my friend who has a staffy that i use too go walking with too try and get my brother too go with her if possible. will try and mention about getting a dog walker or something.

I dont think he use too cry when left i think because tara is now with us, and frankie has no company thats why hes crying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down