Tango/Poppy

Go down

Tango/Poppy Empty Tango/Poppy

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 16:12

I need to find new homes for these pups but my confidence in people have been completly shot, i just had another phone call off poppy's new owner and she can't handly the pup so she just brought her back, poppy is fine seems happy enough I wish i could keep them all but after i was declared unable to work i simply can not afford it. it's bad enough i got to find a few hundred pounds for Blondy's operation she has a hernia great uh.
Do you guys think i should drop the price im asking £80 and thats with vaccinated/worm/flea's/three months insurance and training.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Tango/Poppy Empty Re: Tango/Poppy

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 16:23

if there going to a really good forever home i would be just given them away just for the sake of them gettin settled into homes before they get to old

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 16:27

I was warned never to do that because people don't appreciate things they are given for free and i should atleast charge half of what i paid out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 16:29

not if they go to the right homes they will be truelly looked after
look at all the dogs from rescue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 16:41

I understand all that and its not about the money with me it never will be when animals are concerned but my judgment must be way off other wise Tango would of been well looked after how do you know who the decent people are. the ones i thought i would get problems with are sending updates regulary phone numbers to vets so i can comfirm, pictures of them at puppy training/ at the park her favorite ball.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 16:52

sorry we will have to agree to disagree as your posts are contradiction themselves why would you say the owners you thought you would have problems with are the ones that are the best owners
if you thought you were going to have problems you should not have even considerd them.
sorry i get so uptight but am just so pashionite about the welfare of staffys and crosses

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 17:02

I knew they wouldn't be bad pet owners because they have a rescue grey hound the only problem i thought i'd have with them was the keeping in contact with me part im sorry i should of said that.
your not the only who is passionate about dog's welfare believe iv been through hell for my dogs and i'd do it all over again.

Last edited by MissRogue on Thu Nov 11 2010, 17:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Nov 11 2010, 17:03

I too think you really just need to find homes free of charge, beacause to be honest £40 for a pup anyone or thing can pay so wont stop them from going to bad homes anyway.

You could always vet the homes yourself, also have a word with any rescue centers as they may know of people looking to adopt but dont have anything in the kennels thats suitable (although I hardly think that will be the case). You've gotta do all you can otherwise the poor mites will be end up in kennels too.

When breeding you really must consider finding good homes for all the pups before you even consider having a litter.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 17:09

My dogs will never end up in shelters/kennels or anywhere like that, while im still here i do not trust those places.
I did not choose to have a litter the guy i had cassie off (before i found her and taz was related) said she was two month younger than she was, so to me she came into season at 31/2 months while i was away, the minute i heard she was in season Taz had an appointment at the vets and he had her the night before his snip.
Also its £80 a pup

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Nov 11 2010, 17:14

Gutting,I dont know then but I honestly don't see the point of halving the price, really £40 is nothing and know you will have lost out hugely but at least the pups will go to a good home rather than anybody paying £40 for one. All I can suggest is vetting the homes yourself.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 17:20

I don't care about losing money i just want them to be safe and happy and yes i will be vetting the homes myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Nov 11 2010, 17:24

Thats about all you can do in the circumstances. Some peopple should decide whether they really want a pup or not. Poor thing. Mine had had 3 prior homes until I took her. I hope things work out for you
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 20:28

I hope you find good new forever homes for your pups. If I wasnt getting my pup next wkend, I'd have said feel free to come check my place out and I would've bought one. It is difficult knowing who you can and cant trust to be a good owner, the only thing you can do is do a thorough assessment of the home and all who live there, take a look at the condition of any other animals that are there and trust your judgement. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 21:16

jeez to be fair the likelyhood of your pups ending up in rescue is quite high im not being nasty its just my opinion. Have u thought about contacting a rescue centre and telling them ur situation maybe they could find the pups suitable homes as they have proper procedurs in place and no what there doing. The pups wouldnt actually go into rescue as you could keep them till there forever homes came along.......Just an idea as things dont seem to be going to well at the mo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 22:40

blaze666 wrote:jeez to be fair the likelyhood of your pups ending up in rescue is quite high im not being nasty its just my opinion. Have u thought about contacting a rescue centre and telling them ur situation maybe they could find the pups suitable homes as they have proper procedurs in place and no what there doing. The pups wouldnt actually go into rescue as you could keep them till there forever homes came along.......Just an idea as things dont seem to be going to well at the mo

I think this is an excellent idea. A lot of rescue centres are happy to find homes from their already vetted lists without actually taking the dog into rescue. It just means that any money paid by the new owners goes to the rescue cntre, not you, but as you say, money is not the object - a good home is the thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 12 2010, 02:45

The only rescue i know of who would do that is the RSPCA I really do not trust them, I learnt alot about them in college studying animal care and managment first and national diploma, iv personally had bad experiences with them when i'v reported animal cruelty no reply, a few months ago i found a kitten tied to a tree with a harness, I told them i couldn't take it home because Cassie just had her pups and i didn't want to lock the cat in one thats not fair on them, but they didn't care if took them 6 days to come out the cat was infested with flea's which is where my problem with flea's started i told them about it all and they didn't care that i had day old pups infested with flea's and the only thing they said they'd do was take the pups and cassie and have cassie back in a few months time, but i wouldn't let them put her in a kennels. And Rescue organisation can't be that great how many animals do they have returned to them and their supposed to be professionals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down