I think Tango Has Kennel Cough

2 posters

Go down

I think Tango Has Kennel Cough Empty I think Tango Has Kennel Cough

Post by lukeyd123 Fri Aug 31 2012, 10:39

My Dogs Caught Kennel Cough From My Dads Staff, Would I Need To Take Him To The Vets Or Will It Go In Its Own Time, He Was Put On Anti Biotics And Antihistamines 2 Days Ago From The Vet For The Small Lumps On His Skin, They've Gone Now Big Grin But I Can't Really Afford To Keep Taking Him Back All The Time, But If It's Really Necessary I Would? Thanks For Any Advice
lukeyd123
lukeyd123
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tango and Roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years and 9 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Femaile
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

I think Tango Has Kennel Cough Empty Re: I think Tango Has Kennel Cough

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31 2012, 11:14

If you think it's kennel cough you definately need to see a vet ASAP. It may go away on it's own but more often than not antibiodics are required. It is also contagious and can spread quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Aug 31 2012, 11:42

I would beg to differ. To be perfectly honest when my dogs have ever had it in the past I have waited a couple of days to see if symptoms improve, I dont think its fair to take an infectious dog into a vets to spread germs all around the place. I just give them a little bit of children's benilyn every now and then and keep them warm and snuggly. Try and get him to eat healthy foods little and often to keep his energy levels up.

I also dont like to pile antibiotics into my dogs, I like to think that if there were ever a situation where they urgently needed them or contracted an infection that they wouldn't have buitl up an immunity. However same as people if the symptoms dont seem to be improving then he might need something stronger, if you are in doubt by all means take him to the vets though. I'm just saying whats always worked for me Smile Snotty little pooches!
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31 2012, 11:45

I would also wait a couple of days or so & see if the symptoms improve/get worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeyd123 Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:04

Thanks for that info Big Grin I will give him a few more days see how he goes, I seem to keep taking him to the vets for everything lately and they do nothing apart from guess what it "Could" be, I'm changing vets and putting in a complaint about them, They don't seem very professional to me. I know it's hard to know what wrong, But they hardly examine him. Just stick him on any medication they can charge me for and book me in for a weeks time to charge me again. I'm sure if vets we're free they wouldn't give him anything! Rant Over
lukeyd123
lukeyd123

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tango and Roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years and 9 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Femaile
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down