Over excited when meeting family

2 posters

Go down

Over excited when meeting family Empty Over excited when meeting family

Post by Big Phil Sat Nov 05 2011, 08:30

Kora is now 5 1/2 months old and is amazing. She is still very much a puppy and is full of energy and excitement. When my daughters come round to visit or we take her to their houses she goes mental. Jumping up and mouthing them and staffy speaking to them. We all tell her to sit, which she does for a few seconds and then launches herself at them again. She does calm down eventually but we are getting to the point where we can't keep saying "she's only a puppy" and will grow out of it. Does anyone have a solution for this behaviour? Will she grow out of it when she is older? She has been to puppy training classes and knows all of the sit, down, stay etc............ It is only when she gets over excited we have problems.
Big Phil
Big Phil
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Kora
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Over excited when meeting family Empty Re: Over excited when meeting family

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05 2011, 08:33

I don't believe she will simply outgrow it. You will have to talk to everyone in your family and tell them to turn around and ignore her if she jumps up. Everyone has to do this every time and she will learn. She is wanting attention and if she sees that the opposite happends when she jumps up she will stop doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05 2011, 14:54

she will grow out of it but only with training, she wont just grow out of it on her own.
Like said above when she is doing this the person should turn there back on her and ignore the behavior, if she comes around to there front again then they will need to turn there back on her again.
Everyone needs to stick to this in order for her to catch on, and only turn around when she is calm but dont acknowledge her straight away, just go about doing what you are doing, and then if shes still calm after then YOU or the person wanting to fuss her, goes over to her and fuss's her etc .. she needs to learn that to get attention she needs to be calm Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by billy and kya Sat Nov 05 2011, 21:08

wellcome to staffy world Laughing
billy and kya
billy and kya
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : billy and kya
Dog Gender(s) : billy male kya female
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07 2011, 10:46

I have this problem with Tyson and he is 13 months. I must say it is slowly getting better he only jumps on the adults now and not the little ones. I get really frustrated and probably make things worse. He does not jump on me when I come in at all. I do ask everyone to ignore him if he is not caqlm but some people insist on encouraging his excitment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down