Meeting of Pups

2 posters

Go down

Meeting of Pups Empty Meeting of Pups

Post by Charlene_Frank Mon Sep 26 2011, 15:04

Well Frank got his second set of needles Friday passed, he was a champ getting them, until the Vet put his micro chip in, he yelped, and there was blood, so glad I wasn’t with him when he was getting this, he come straight home with my parents and curled up in bed with me, feeling rather sorry for him self I think. But he is fine now back to his boisterous ways. Laughing

So he is safe to be out this Friday!! I’m excited we are going to walk him around the block.

On Saturday however I’m taken him to meet my best friends Jennifer’s dogs. She has two Jack Russell’s!

As you have all seen from some photos Frank has met other dogs, mainly Ty and Woody his Stafford cousin: D and I have NO problem and no concerns with Frank being around these two dogs.

However I’m not the biggest fan of Jack Russell’s! Jennifer has Fred who is 4 years old and Rory who is only the same age as Frank (this is why they haven’t met before now) so Rory only got his second needles Thursday passed.

We are going to take them up to a local park, so its neutral grounds, I personally feel I can control Frank as he listens to my voice now, and I’m perfectly willing to sit on the ground with him until he gets over his initial excited reaction to being around people and dogs.

I did this with Frank every time Ty would come in, and now Frank understand that he doesn’t need to get to excited, James and Ty will still take an interest in him if he is calm, just his tail wags so much at the moment it moves the whole back end of him lol. day dreaming

Fred a really well behaved JR – and as long as he gets to stay by Jennifer’s side he is happy, but Rory is like all puppies and a little crazy, I’ve never seen a puppy like this, he just doesn’t calm down.

Any tips on introducing these two pups would be greatly appreciated. I want this to be as smooth as I can make it as I’m hoping I can have a catch up with Jennifer and we can take the dogs out together if they get on – you know the old 2 birds 1 stone Tongues

Thanks xxx
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Frank and Tara
Dog(s) Ages : 19 Months and 21 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Meeting of Pups Empty Re: Meeting of Pups

Post by Nosipho Mon Sep 26 2011, 17:03

They should be absolutely fine, I would expect the two pups to just play fight the whole time and the older dog will sniff around, play fetch and generally dog what he normally does on walks! I'm sure they will have a great time, if possible i would introduce them in an enclosed area to start with, excitement can sometimes make them shoot off like rockets and ignore all their previous training!
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26 2011, 17:54

I am sure they will all get on like a house on fire!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26 2011, 21:32

They should be fine. If you can walk them together it should help work out the energy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlene_Frank Tue Sep 27 2011, 14:17

I think I might keep a hold of Frank for the first 5 minutes. For being a puppy hes quite calm, the only thing i have found so far that makes him go crazy when we are out is crying babies in parms, he just pulls towards them!

I really need to get some of the photos of him with my nieces put up Smile

xx
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Frank and Tara
Dog(s) Ages : 19 Months and 21 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female