How many different 'types' of staffy are there?

+47
stu
EMMALALA13
Ange
caro
Kiets
sherry
Sazzle
Simbastaffy
bruno bonce
whyrpplsoignorant???
ChloeEmma
stevobath
Coco Pops
dijotofmummy
Steve
Peachy
Megaboost
bluegia
rob hammond
mumadragon
barnesation
lizdrum
bluelinekennelsusa
Stokester
SeveredLimb1
Staffiesrus
Indy
gingernut42
tracylee
KeithOT
tyson
SnoopDogg
rodders666
lady lu
sue butlin
Frankctz
Bruno_3
Rocko2011
fireball
oldsalt
janey
ardvark
roz w
carls
Nosipho
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier
51 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 2 Empty How many different 'types' of staffy are there?

Post by Staffy-Bull-Terrier Fri Oct 28 2011, 21:11

First topic message reminder :

How many different 'types' of staffy are there?

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 2 Get-Info
Information
Buyer Beware we as a forum are here to educate and promote all that is good about our chosen breed, over the years breeders have tried to use the Stafford name to promote types of dogs basically cross breeds and they then attach a name to make it sound rare or desirable at the expense of the true Stafford so if you see any of these types/crosses for sale we want people to understand its just a cross bred Stafford and is not worth £100's of pounds

These dogs are no less beautiful or loving but they are equally not 100% Stafford

After a few years on the net i've have seen it all. Some unusual names that are meant to be breed names, so i've decided to do a page about so called types to educate the gullible.

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 2 Note_a10
Note

list of names i have seen over the years:
  • Australian staffy
  • King staffy, King Staffords, King Staffordshire Bull Terrier
  • Athletic staffy
  • English staffy, English Staffordshire Bull Terrier
  • Irish staffy, Irish Blue, Irish Red, Irish Blue Staffordshire Bull Terrier
  • Scotish Staffy
  • Old Type, Old Type Staffy, Old type Staffordshire Bull Terrier
  • Long Legged Staffy, Short leggy staffy, Miniature Staffy
  • Coloured Noses Staffy

These are not breeds, these are made up names to make more money and you could end up with a cross breed that's really worth a lot less than what you have paid. Don't be fooled by bad breeders because you could end up with a type that could get you fined or even sent to prison depending on your country's dog laws. If you've already been fooled please call your dog what it is a cross breed if it doesn't meet staffordshire bull terrier standards..

There are a few breeds that are not offical yet, like American Bulldog, Jack Russell, American Bully and so on but these breeds have a group of people that have spent years & a lot of time making up a real standard with a database of their dogs. These so call types don't have official clubs or even any type of databases.

Don't listen to your mates or a bad breeder from down the road; there is only one staffordshire bull terrier. If you're looking for a bigger dog that is similar to staffordshire bull terrier have a look these other breeds but some of these breeds are banned in certain countries.
Staffy-Bull-Terrier
Staffy-Bull-Terrier
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Forum Bot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Forum Bot

Status Status :

Support total : 80

Back to top Go down

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many different 'types' of staffy are there?

Post by Guest Wed May 09 2012, 11:43

Yes, most start to fill out between 12 months & a year (each dog's different) & stop growing at around 3 years old.

Back to top Go down

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many different 'types' of staffy are there?

Post by tyson Mon May 21 2012, 15:56

well said beware these dodgy dog breeders only in it for the money no interest in the breed itself staffordshire bull terriers are a breed apart from any other in my book always go to a reputable breeder that is kc registered .

tyson
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by KeithOT Tue Jun 05 2012, 21:08

I've learned the hard way pedigrees as long as your arm with champions scattered along the tree are no guarantee of a good staff sadly often a way of boosting prices.

KeithOT

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05 2012, 21:12

KeithOT wrote:I've learned the hard way pedigrees as long as your arm with champions scattered along the tree are no guarantee of a good staff sadly often a way of boosting prices.

It's much better to look at the breeder first & the pedigree second. You can have as many champions in a pedigree as you like & still get an unhealthy dog, especially if the breeder hasn't carried out the necessary health tests before the mating. Health is obviously all important & then of course the way the pups are reared from birth makes a huge difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by tracylee Tue Jul 03 2012, 01:57

My boy Jed looks exactly like the photo posted that has the notes on what a staffy is supposed to look like - height, build, features etc. It's so much like him it could be his brother. But Jed weighs 24kg! He is definately not fat, he's extremely healthy. Could he be a cross?

tracylee

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jed
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03 2012, 10:57

tracylee wrote:My boy Jed looks exactly like the photo posted that has the notes on what a staffy is supposed to look like - height, build, features etc. It's so much like him it could be his brother. But Jed weighs 24kg! He is definately not fat, he's extremely healthy. Could he be a cross?

I take it you don't have papers for your dog?

If not, he could either be a cross or just a very big stafford! Big Grin

Do you have any pics of him?

Last edited by Caryll on Tue Jul 03 2012, 10:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)

Back to top Go down

Post by tracylee Wed Jul 04 2012, 04:19

No papers. He was a 40th birthday present - best present ever! My dog had passsed away and I was missing that staffy charm lol, so family all pitched in and bought him. I do have some photos, not many as he turns away from the camera, I will post them as soon as I can.
Thanx and I'm loving this sight Big Grin

tracylee

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jed
Dog(s) Ages : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by gingernut42 Tue Jul 10 2012, 17:42

im so sick of the reputation that Staffi's have because it is so not true.....there was a programme on the tele the other night called Barking Mad Tonight and it was about dangerous dogs...Pitbull was on the top and 2 other breeds id never heard of and do you know staffi was not even mentioned as a dangerous dog....its the stoooopid owners that make us responsible owners lifes bloody hard work...cos mud sticks and all that.

Years ago was it not Rottweilers, Dobermans, German Shepards that were classed as dangerous dogs, well now it seems to be the time for the staffi to get branded as dangerous.....if you look in a guide handbook about SBT it will tell you about their history...they were known as "nannie dogs" which meant they were in the nursery watching over the kids, most families with kids will have a SBT in the house because they are good, loyal, loveable dogs.

Every breed of dog (no matter wot breed) has the potential to be dangerous for example there is a dalmation dog next door but one to me where i live and thats a untrustable dog.

I always thought SBT where known to be short stocky muscly dogs not boston blues with long legs, you can spot a proper full breed staffi a mile off cos of the stance it will have. Mack my dog i dont know anything about him apart from he was known to be a bit of an escapologist at his last home and he kept escaping....but is that not a sign that the dog is not happy at home.....Mack was a rescue dog from a rescue place in Lancaster, Lancashire and out of all the SBT that were in there (at least 20) he was the only one that wasn't barking, if you came to my house you wouldnt know i had him until you came in the house cos he doesnt bark when sumone knocks, he will just jump at you to say hello and thats it......MY BIG QUESTION IS WHY WOULD A FAMILY WITH CHILDREN HAVE A SO CALLED WRONGLY LABELLED DANGEROUS DOG IN THE HOUSE KNOWING HOW TORMENTING CHILDREN CAN BE AND KNOWING WOT SORT OF * STORM THAT WOULD FOLLOW IF THE DOG ATTACKED A CHILD....logically they wouldnt would they????!!!!

from a seriously brassed off SBT owner xxx
gingernut42
gingernut42
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mack
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10 2012, 17:49

we've all been there , done it and bought the T shirt to be perfectly honest and I agree with you 100% , so many posts on here saying exactly the same thing. Enjoy your dog and forget the idiots (my wife is a childminder BTW and we have 2)

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Fri Jul 27 2012, 23:04

Hi all , Our boy is 2 at the end of october. We saw both his parents ( who were both blue) Indy definately appears on the larger size . He looked quite lanky until about 2-3 months ago and looks like he is only getting wider. His chest is quite large ( just like his dad - dad was built like a tank) Both his parents were from the same owners (they were actually an english couple living in Queensland Australia) they had papers for both parents , the owners apparently were in the process of becoming registered breeders when they found out bitch was already pregnant. When you measure height where about's on the body do you measure from ???
Any advise would be great thank you Smile
Indy
Indy
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Indy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 yrs
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by gingernut42 Sat Jul 28 2012, 17:19

At a very rough guess is it not the same as you measure horses.....start at the feet of the dog with your finger tips on the floor and, start your other hand at the top of your wrist and measure with your hands that way to the top of the shoulder....eg : 6 hands tall.....and then turn into feet and inches with a tape measure or just use a tape measure to start off with.

this could be complete twoddle but its a start
gingernut42
gingernut42

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Jul 28 2012, 17:28

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/howtomeasureyourstaffords.html

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29 2012, 01:22

gingernut42 wrote:At a very rough guess is it not the same as you measure horses.....

No! A horse is measured in 'hands'. A 'hand' is 4", not actually a hand's breadth.

The measurement for a dog is taken from the highest point of the shoulder (the withers) to the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffiesrus Sun Jul 29 2012, 19:22

I am not sure that there are too many pure bred pitbull terriers around? Maybe i'm wrong!!

Staffiesrus
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 2 Empty I'll join this topic a little late but...

Post by SeveredLimb1 Tue Aug 07 2012, 14:28

...from my understanding there is really no such thing as a English Pit Bull as far as BSL goes. They determine a PB 'type' by comparing the dog to the AKC specifications for an American Pit Bull, if the dog in question conforms to a number of the criteria for an APB then it is deemed a 'Pit Bull type' and therefore illegal. The trouble with this is, aside from being grossly unfair to the mostly gentle, loveable breed APB, that a dog can be deemed as Pit Bull 'type' even if it is pure Staffordshire but with slightly longer legs. I have heard tales, unsure as to if true or not, that when comparing the criteria for APB even a Lab can technically be deemed as of the 'type' due to head width, length of leg and muscle structure!! As with all breeds, and in fact with all animals, there will always be variation in genetics. People come in all shapes and sizes, is it really that hard to imagine that some dogs are born smaller or larger than the rest of the breed? My boy Rudy is of suspect origin, when we got him as a pup there was no question as to what breed he was but as he grew we noticed that he stands taller than most Staffys we see. My saving grace is that most days I walk him down to meet my girlfriend from work and we sit on the wall outside the police station and never once over the past 3-4 years has anyone questioned his breeding, our vet has never raised any concerns on his previous visits for booster shots etc either but not a day goes by when I don't worry about what would happen if he were taken from me. In all other aspects of English law the onus falls on the accuser, but when it comes to BSL the burden of proof lies with the owner. We got Rudy from a family who had to give him away as the Staffy they already had did not take to him, he has no papers and therefore it would be immpossible for us to prove his heritage. We must change this grossly unjust legislation, dogs should be judged on their individual merits, not on their breed. My dads little Jack Russel has gone for my 1yo daughter on 2 occasions now, my Rudy has NEVER even acted slightly threatening to her .. well, aside from trying to lick her to the bone!
Well, rant over.
SeveredLimb1
SeveredLimb1

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Rudy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Mon Aug 13 2012, 04:18

Steve wrote:http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/howtomeasureyourstaffords.html

Thanks for that, i had another look at the link and measured as suggested.

So Indy's height is 48cms- just shy of 19 inches
length is 55cm- 21 1/2 inches
out of curiosity I measured his chest against where his forelegs begin it's 72cms- about 28 inches

Indy's parents were both big and his dad especially was solid as.

People keep asking if he is an american staffy , which is quite frustrating Rolling Eyes
Is there such thing as more of an old school staffy ?
We bought from breeders so we could be certain of the type of dog we wanted.
Seems like most are very short and small these days ?
cheers Smile

Indy
Indy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Aug 13 2012, 07:52

there no bred call old skool staffy

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13 2012, 11:26

My daughter thinks Blue is a Staffy Pig and it should be a registered type. The staffy pig will make mmm mmm noises when scratching it's back. When sniffing things will make grunting noises and when out on walks will 100% of the time find the only swamp within a 25 mile radius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13 2012, 11:32

Indy wrote:So Indy's height is 48cms- just shy of 19 inches

cheers Smile

As a pure bred stafford (if he is) he's way over the height limit of 14" - 16". Even the dogs of 50 years ago were only an inch or maybe 2 at the most above the current limit.

To be honest, I would question whether he's a pure bred staff at that size.

There's no such thing as an 'old school' stafford - that's generally a term used by people who have or who have bred a staffy cross that's larger than the Breed Standard height! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Fri Aug 17 2012, 14:58

Caryll wrote:
Indy wrote:So Indy's height is 48cms- just shy of 19 inches

cheers Smile

As a pure bred stafford (if he is) he's way over the height limit of 14" - 16". Even the dogs of 50 years ago were only an inch or maybe 2 at the most above the current limit.

To be honest, I would question whether he's a pure bred staff at that size.

There's no such thing as an 'old school' stafford - that's generally a term used by people who have or who have bred a staffy cross that's larger than the Breed Standard height! Big Grin

Thanks for the reply , I guess we love him to bits no matter what. He's like my third child and my shadow Love Struck
I guess I cant be sure if he is a pure bred if he doesn't have papers, I have his parents so will try and post over the weekend , he looks totally staffy but bigger.
Indy
Indy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Fri Aug 17 2012, 15:02

BlueStaffBlue wrote:My daughter thinks Blue is a Staffy Pig and it should be a registered type. The staffy pig will make mmm mmm noises when scratching it's back. When sniffing things will make grunting noises and when out on walks will 100% of the time find the only swamp within a 25 mile radius.

Hi and thanks for replying , i've not heard of this .... will have to google it .
He is a bit noisy but I thought staffys were known for that Big Grin
Do you have more pic's of your blue ? would love to see them Smile
Indy
Indy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17 2012, 15:53

I have put a few pics up of him but none recent one's. Need to get a half decent camera

Just found one previous link with some pics of him

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t19278-latest-pics-of-blue?highlight=pics+blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Stokester Sun Sep 02 2012, 22:29

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
The attitude of some of the chavs on here one comment a guy thinks its funny because his dog bit three people.

http://passionford.com/forum/general-car-related-discussion/89763-has-anyone-heard-of-a-long-legged-staff.html
Stokester
Stokester
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gary
Dog(s) Ages : 7 months old
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by gingernut42 Mon Oct 01 2012, 21:01

so if it has a staffie head and long legs, its classed as a staffie cross......but crossed with wot??

are true original staffies, short and stocky???
gingernut42
gingernut42

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gingernut42 Mon Oct 01 2012, 21:05

when it comes to behaviour.....why does my dog always turn over onto his back to have his belly scratched, and when im stroking his head and ears he always tries to push my arm out the way with his leg so that again i am scratching his belly.
gingernut42
gingernut42

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01 2012, 21:05

gingernut42 wrote:so if it has a staffie head and long legs, its classed as a staffie cross......but crossed with wot??

are true original staffies, short and stocky???

Not necessarily. If you don't have papers for your dog then you can't guarantee that it's pure bred anyway. However, staffords shouldn't be overly long-legged. They should be about 15" tall & in proportion. A staff that is way over that height & has very long legs is unlikely to be a pure bred staff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01 2012, 21:06

gingernut42 wrote:when it comes to behaviour.....why does my dog always turn over onto his back to have his belly scratched, and when im stroking his head and ears he always tries to push my arm out the way with his leg so that again i am scratching his belly.

Because he likes his belly rubbed! Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by gingernut42 Mon Oct 01 2012, 21:13

lol ok about him liking his belly rubbed

so a staff that is way over that height & has very long legs is unlikely to be a pure bred staff.

so does that mean a staffie cross????

gingernut42
gingernut42

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gingernut42 Mon Oct 01 2012, 21:15

im just confused by it all....as you will see from my profile piccy that is wot i expect a staffie to look like, but yet there are ones that live near me and they have the staffie head but longish legs....so wud that be a staffie/pit cross??
gingernut42
gingernut42

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01 2012, 21:19

gingernut42 wrote:lol ok about him liking his belly rubbed

so a staff that is way over that height & has very long legs is unlikely to be a pure bred staff.

gingernut42 wrote:im just confused by it all....as you will see from my profile piccy that is wot i expect a staffie to look like, but yet there are ones that live near me and they have the staffie head but longish legs....so wud that be a staffie/pit cross??

Doesn't have to be a cross but generally speaking it is more likely to be , you can get dogs outside of breed standard, and just because it's a cross it doesn't have to be crossed with a Pit , these are a specific type of cross that would have generally been bred purposely to sneak "Pit like" dogs into the country and come under BSL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01 2012, 21:27

gingernut42 wrote:so a staff that is way over that height & has very long legs is unlikely to be a pure bred staff.

Basically, yes, although you do get some breeders who have deliberately bred a longer legged staff, but it's definitely out of standard. Generally speaking, though, it's more likely to be a cross.

gingernut42 wrote:im just confused by it all....as you will see from my profile piccy that is wot i expect a staffie to look like, but yet there are ones that live near me and they have the staffie head but longish legs....so wud that be a staffie/pit cross??

As with any breed, they don't all look exactly the same. Some are more of a terrier 'type' and so may be a little lighter in weight & the legs may be a little longer than some others. Then you get others that are considered more bull 'type' and are heavier & shorter legged. However, both 'types' will be within the Kennel Club breed standard for height.

The point of this thread, though, is to let people know that there is only one breed of Staffordshire Bull Terrier - anything else (Irish Stafford, Long Legged Stafford, Old Tyme Stafford etc) is not a Stafford.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 02:29

My cousin's girlfriend bought a puppy. She showed me it and said it's an Irish Blue Staff. I didn't say anything because I didn't see the point, but hopefully she doesn't think she has a rare dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluelinekennelsusa Sat Feb 16 2013, 12:35

what is this

(Deleted link, the forum does not wish to advertise this type of seller)

bluelinekennelsusa
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : jake and judge
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months 2 weeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16 2013, 12:49

bluelinekennelsusa wrote:what is this

An american bully. It is a breed of its own.

Last edited by Hayley on Sat Feb 16 2013, 18:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16 2013, 12:51

Tara wrote:My cousin's girlfriend bought a puppy. She showed me it and said it's an Irish Blue Staff. I didn't say anything because I didn't see the point, but hopefully she doesn't think she has a rare dog.

I would have, thats another word for pitbull so could get her into bother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16 2013, 12:53

Hayley wrote:

An american bully. It is a breed of its own.

It's probably not even an American Bully, more likely a crossbreed because an American Bully would be classed as pit bull type in the UK.

However it's most certainly not a Stafford.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16 2013, 13:21

looks very bully to me. i reported it tbh, i dont like the message being sent out by the photos or the sales pitch!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Feb 16 2013, 13:28

you could cross a number of breed to get a dog that look like american bully but it doesn't mean it is, being in the uk it's not and bully his face dont look right to me

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16 2013, 13:48

I'd be concerned about that dog because If it's a Bully then it must have been ear cropped in the UK & that's illegal. He can't have been legally imported because he's PitBull type.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16 2013, 14:03

Caryll wrote:I'd be concerned about that dog because If it's a Bully then it must have been ear cropped in the UK & that's illegal. He can't have been legally imported because he's PitBull type.

Yeah! So many illegal and mostly immoral things happening here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16 2013, 14:51

Hayley wrote:
Tara wrote:My cousin's girlfriend bought a puppy. She showed me it and said it's an Irish Blue Staff. I didn't say anything because I didn't see the point, but hopefully she doesn't think she has a rare dog.

Not in this case, in this case it's just "hey look, you have a really rare, expensive dog" doesn't look like a pitbull, just a Staff cross.

As for the American Bully, I think that's stupid. They'd presumably not be allowed in the UK, for the same reason that AmStaffs aren't, I don't see why people go on and advertise dogs they can get into trouble for owning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16 2013, 14:58

Tara wrote:
Hayley wrote:

Not in this case, in this case it's just "hey look, you have a really rare, expensive dog" doesn't look like a pitbull, just a Staff cross.

As for the American Bully, I think that's stupid. They'd presumably not be allowed in the UK, for the same reason that AmStaffs aren't, I don't see why people go on and advertise dogs they can get into trouble for owning.

The thing is, Tara, the dog's ears are cropped, which is illegal in the UK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16 2013, 16:00

Caryll wrote:
Tara wrote:
Hayley wrote:

Sure, but not if it was done in another country. The bigger problem, to me at least, would be that they have a banned dog in the UK, and it's hardly blending in with the cropped ears. Just seems stupid. I love APBTs, I'd have had one if they were legal here, but they're not, so why risk yours, and the dog's, well-being by owning a banned dog?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16 2013, 16:05

Tara wrote:
Caryll wrote:
Tara wrote:
Hayley wrote:

That's the thing. They've either broken the law by cropping or they've broken the law by importing. Either way it's illegal.
Sure, but not if it was done in another country. The bigger problem, to me at least, would be that they have a banned dog in the UK, and it's hardly blending in with the cropped ears. Just seems stupid. I love APBTs, I'd have had one if they were legal here, but they're not, so why risk yours, and the dog's, well-being by owning a banned dog?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Feb 16 2013, 16:06

they are owning a crossbreed they trying to get more by naming it something else

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lizdrum Sun Feb 17 2013, 18:57

Very well said Staffordshire bull terrier website. However that does not mean anyone with a not full bred staffy loves their dog any less.They are all great pets if treated and trained right
lizdrum
lizdrum
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rafferty
Dog(s) Ages : 7 yrs old

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 19:35

lizdrum wrote:Very well said Staffordshire bull terrier website. However that does not mean anyone with a not full bred staffy loves their dog any less.They are all great pets if treated and trained right

Absolutely!

So why hide the fact that a dog is a cross? If you love him/her it really doesn't matter!

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Thu Apr 18 2013, 10:05

Yes, I have seen 'modern staffy' advertised too the other week. Apparently they are bigger - bit taller, bit chunkier. So a bit more pit bull like I guess! On the photos, some were tan coloured as well, which isnt an acceptable colour for a staffy of breed standard, but it typical in pit bulls. But, as pits are banned in the UK, I doubt they were a staffy x pit, but perhaps some pit in them somewhere. Who knows?! lol. Without papers I guess you never will.
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Ashton & Ruby
Dog(s) Ages : 5 & 4
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female

https://www.facebook.com/barnesation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 10:13

barnescourtbreeders wrote:Yes, I have seen 'modern staffy' advertised too the other week. Apparently they are bigger - bit taller, bit chunkier. So a bit more pit bull like I guess! On the photos, some were tan coloured as well, which isnt an acceptable colour for a staffy of breed standard, but it typical in pit bulls. But, as pits are banned in the UK, I doubt they were a staffy x pit, but perhaps some pit in them somewhere. Who knows?! lol. Without papers I guess you never will.

Tan is fine for a stafford - or do you mean liver?

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Thu Apr 18 2013, 10:29

Caryll wrote:
barnescourtbreeders wrote:Yes, I have seen 'modern staffy' advertised too the other week. Apparently they are bigger - bit taller, bit chunkier. So a bit more pit bull like I guess! On the photos, some were tan coloured as well, which isnt an acceptable colour for a staffy of breed standard, but it typical in pit bulls. But, as pits are banned in the UK, I doubt they were a staffy x pit, but perhaps some pit in them somewhere. Who knows?! lol. Without papers I guess you never will.

Tan is fine for a stafford - or do you mean liver?

No, they were black and tan (mostly tan), which is not 'desirable', although yes, 'liver' isn't desirable either! Smile
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Ashton & Ruby
Dog(s) Ages : 5 & 4
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female

https://www.facebook.com/barnesation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next