How many different 'types' of staffy are there?

+47
stu
EMMALALA13
Ange
caro
Kiets
sherry
Sazzle
Simbastaffy
bruno bonce
whyrpplsoignorant???
ChloeEmma
stevobath
Coco Pops
dijotofmummy
Steve
Peachy
Megaboost
bluegia
rob hammond
mumadragon
barnesation
lizdrum
bluelinekennelsusa
Stokester
SeveredLimb1
Staffiesrus
Indy
gingernut42
tracylee
KeithOT
tyson
SnoopDogg
rodders666
lady lu
sue butlin
Frankctz
Bruno_3
Rocko2011
fireball
oldsalt
janey
ardvark
roz w
carls
Nosipho
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier
51 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 3 Empty How many different 'types' of staffy are there?

Post by Staffy-Bull-Terrier Fri Oct 28 2011, 21:11

First topic message reminder :

How many different 'types' of staffy are there?

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 3 Get-Info
Information
Buyer Beware we as a forum are here to educate and promote all that is good about our chosen breed, over the years breeders have tried to use the Stafford name to promote types of dogs basically cross breeds and they then attach a name to make it sound rare or desirable at the expense of the true Stafford so if you see any of these types/crosses for sale we want people to understand its just a cross bred Stafford and is not worth £100's of pounds

These dogs are no less beautiful or loving but they are equally not 100% Stafford

After a few years on the net i've have seen it all. Some unusual names that are meant to be breed names, so i've decided to do a page about so called types to educate the gullible.

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 3 Note_a10
Note

list of names i have seen over the years:
  • Australian staffy
  • King staffy, King Staffords, King Staffordshire Bull Terrier
  • Athletic staffy
  • English staffy, English Staffordshire Bull Terrier
  • Irish staffy, Irish Blue, Irish Red, Irish Blue Staffordshire Bull Terrier
  • Scotish Staffy
  • Old Type, Old Type Staffy, Old type Staffordshire Bull Terrier
  • Long Legged Staffy, Short leggy staffy, Miniature Staffy
  • Coloured Noses Staffy

These are not breeds, these are made up names to make more money and you could end up with a cross breed that's really worth a lot less than what you have paid. Don't be fooled by bad breeders because you could end up with a type that could get you fined or even sent to prison depending on your country's dog laws. If you've already been fooled please call your dog what it is a cross breed if it doesn't meet staffordshire bull terrier standards..

There are a few breeds that are not offical yet, like American Bulldog, Jack Russell, American Bully and so on but these breeds have a group of people that have spent years & a lot of time making up a real standard with a database of their dogs. These so call types don't have official clubs or even any type of databases.

Don't listen to your mates or a bad breeder from down the road; there is only one staffordshire bull terrier. If you're looking for a bigger dog that is similar to staffordshire bull terrier have a look these other breeds but some of these breeds are banned in certain countries.
Staffy-Bull-Terrier
Staffy-Bull-Terrier
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Forum Bot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Forum Bot

Status Status :

Support total : 80

Back to top Go down

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 3 Empty Re: How many different 'types' of staffy are there?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18 2013, 10:31

Oh, right. Yes, black & tan is a sign of a cross in the not too distant past!

Back to top Go down

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 3 Empty Re: How many different 'types' of staffy are there?

Post by barnesation Thu Apr 18 2013, 10:38

Caryll wrote:Oh, right. Yes, black & tan is a sign of a cross in the not too distant past!

Be nice to know how distant! lol.
barnesation
barnesation
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Ashton & Ruby
Dog(s) Ages : 5 & 4
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 0

https://www.facebook.com/barnesation

Back to top Go down

Post by mumadragon Sun Apr 21 2013, 04:08

I live in a country town in Victoria and i have 2 so called longer legged staffies...both have been adopted by me after my son moved away, one is mine and the other was his. Both are golden with white markings, my sons bitch is now 12 and has never lived in town until recently when i moved into an estate, i previously lived on a farm. The laws here are crazy, in my town if your dog is a staffordshire terrier and you have to register them they are immediately registered under the dangerous dog act...so my babies only get one chance, im very strict on them and they are always walked with harnesses and leads. If anyone ever made a complaint the ranger has the right, to take them away to b putdown. Im not sure the legal stance in any other places or countries but its getting ridiculous here. They are my babies...also can you tell me is there an english and american staffie coz im confused mine both are small but have a bit longer legs but muscly. Thxs
mumadragon
mumadragon
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Separeted
Dogs Name(s) : Ella bella and roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 11
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 04:16

Hi Mumadragon, why don't you introduce yourself and your two Staffs over here? Smile

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

That's horrible that the laws are so strict for you, and I agree, it's completely ridiculous and unfair. Anyway, there's only one kind of Staffordshire Bull Terrier, but there is a breed of dog named American Staffordshire Terrier (also known as the AmStaff). The AmStaff isn't a type of Staffordshire Bull Terrier though, it's basically a show line of the American Pitbull Terrier.

Some Staffs have longer legs than others, but they're still Staffs Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by mumadragon Sun Apr 21 2013, 04:20

Thxs, i will introduce myself shortly. Thxs for the info, i have heard those 2 names and since my 2 are rescues i was certain they were both staffies as they are both small not big like a amstaff or pit bull
mumadragon
mumadragon

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by mumadragon Sun Apr 21 2013, 04:22

Do i click on the link and add a new discussion in introduce myself or what...im a newbie and only stumbled onto this site today...
mumadragon
mumadragon

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21 2013, 04:29

Yeah, click the link and then add a new topic for yourself Smile and since those two breeds are both bigger, yours are Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

Back to top Go down

Post by mumadragon Sun Apr 21 2013, 04:42

Wink thxs
mumadragon
mumadragon

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by rob hammond Sun Apr 28 2013, 21:38

I got my Poppy from the same type place, a local kennels taken as a stray, but never claimed. She is too long legged to be full staff, but I asked at the time about it and they were confident she wasn't part banned breed. She was 18 months (ish) at the time, so I guess if she had been pit they would have known. This was six years ago, but the ban was already in force then. You can get DNA test kits from the net and send them to the lab so you can get a more accurate assessment of what the mix is. Frankly, I have never considered it worth it as she is my baby, whether Royalty or commoner Big Grin
rob hammond
rob hammond
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy and Amy
Dog(s) Ages : 14 and 7
Dog Gender(s) : both female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 28 2013, 21:42

DNA are scams Smile dogs are to close related to say what your dog

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rob hammond Sun Apr 28 2013, 21:51

OK, good to know ty. I know for some pure breed is important, but for me the "personality" of a dog is what comes first. I would not buy a dog when there are so many in need of rescue, but I understand why people buy pedigree.
rob hammond
rob hammond

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy and Amy
Dog(s) Ages : 14 and 7
Dog Gender(s) : both female

Back to top Go down

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 3 Empty a bit confused....help

Post by bluegia Wed May 22 2013, 16:52

I am sooo happy I have found this forum. My friends have a staffordshire, color gray. she is beautiful! well behaved, etc.

Question now though, I thought that there was a difference in ¨looks¨ when it came to american staffordshire and english staffordshire. If you google images, the size and look of the head is a bit different. Are they still staffordshires? yes. for example, my friends dog looks just like an english staffordshire (when u google image) vs the american staffordshire.

So im a bit confused as to the ¨there are no types¨

for instance, a pit bull is a pit bull. the whole red nose, blue nose, doesnt make it any different. its just a color. just like brindle is a type of color a pit can come in.

help!!
bluegia
bluegia

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : her name will be GIA or SAMBA
Dog(s) Ages : (pup in photo is my friend´s. i want one like her)
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 22 2013, 17:01

The American Staffordshire Terrier and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier are two different breeds, and yes, the head shape is a bit different. The AmStaff is basically the registered show version of the Pitbull.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 22 2013, 17:03

American Staffordshire Terriers are larger, leaner, leggier and there are no restrictions to size in the AKC standard. Very often, the facial muscles of the American Staffordshire Terrier are less pronounced than those of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

They're basically the AKC registered version of a Pit Bull terrier, meaning that they have a breed standard and can be shown in the USA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluegia Wed May 22 2013, 17:15

https://i.servimg.com/u/f83/18/31/85/39/llllls11.jpg

Thank you for the response.

The photo I am attaching (link) is my friend´s dog.

She is then a Staffordshire,. correct_

(not american, but not english. just a stffie?)
bluegia
bluegia

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : her name will be GIA or SAMBA
Dog(s) Ages : (pup in photo is my friend´s. i want one like her)

Back to top Go down

Post by Megaboost Fri May 24 2013, 01:38

Good write-up. Many thanks for the Info I Agree

Megaboost
Megaboost

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Sadie
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon May 27 2013, 06:24

OK I'm a little confused now. confused Here in Australia there seem to be only two 'types' of staff's which are American Staffy's (AMstaff's) and English Staffordshire terriers. They are easily distinguishable by their size and look. Our Bella is an English Staffordshire and whenever we've made enquiries for vet's, trainers and pet insurance we have been asked which of these types she is. The scroll down list when we applied for insurance....now that I think of it, it said 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier! doh

Your post says there is no such name as an English Staffordshire terrier?

I'm gonna hazard a guess and maybe you are saying that our Bella is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and that the AMSTAFF is not a Staffy at all and some other breed?

Lilu
Peachy
Peachy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog(s) Ages : DOB 26.03.13
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon May 27 2013, 08:12

american staffordshire terrier is a show ring pitbull, staffordshire bull terrier is nothing like american staffordshire terrier

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 3 Shop_Books_The_Staffordshire_Terriers_fr

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 27 2013, 10:55

Peachy wrote:
I'm gonna hazard a guess and maybe you are saying that our Bella is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and that the AMSTAFF is not a Staffy at all and some other breed?

Lilu

That's about it! They have common ancestors, but that was about 120 years ago! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by dijotofmummy Sun Jun 02 2013, 12:54

we got our staffy ben at 8 weeks old,he was a rescue someone was selling him too early and put into rescue.the person that was selling him and his siblings were saying he was a pure staffy pedigree(we didnt get him because of this! we fell in love with him!)and they had paperwork(which we dont have)
went to our vet yesterday for booster jabs who (this particular vet we havent seen before) seems to think that bens legs and snout are too long to be a pure staffy and that his body is to slim for a staffy,he seems to think he may have been crossed with a whippet/greyhound if not his mum and dad then a previous generation?
i am soooooo confused?!
whatever he is we love him and wouldnt change him,vet says he thinks he has more staffy in him though! i dont know i dont know
what do i put on insurances,at the moment i have him as pedigree!?
dijotofmummy
dijotofmummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ben pup
Dog(s) Ages : Eternally 7yrs 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02 2013, 14:40

dijotofmummy wrote:
what do i put on insurances,at the moment i have him as pedigree!?

If you're not sure then put 'stafford cross'. It's true in as much as you can't prove whether he's pure bred or not, and of course, it's generally cheaper! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coco Pops Wed Jun 12 2013, 10:10

My Coco who is a rescue via a pound and anystaffie'lldo rescue, has longer legs than the standard, and is 17 inches at the withers, which is only an inch higher than the Kennel Club standard. She wouldnt win any shows, bust she's sure won our hearts after only 2 weeks- a cliche but true Love Struck
Coco Pops
Coco Pops
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Coco (Pops)
Dog(s) Ages : 14 months
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by stevobath Wed Jun 26 2013, 10:49

CatStina wrote:There is such a thing as an AmStaff (American Staffordshire Terrier). The AmStaff is a separate breed from the Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Stafford), though, not a "type" of SBT. The AmStaff is the AKC equivalent of the American Pit Bull Terrier, so it is banned in the UK.

I'd think any Pit Bull enthusiasts in USA etc would totally disagree with you. The Pit Bull is a totally different breed to the AmStaff. They are two distinct breeds & lovers of each breed get rather upset when they are 'lumped' together!Smile
stevobath
stevobath

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : Blanco
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jun 26 2013, 10:54

stevobath wrote:
CatStina wrote:There is such a thing as an AmStaff (American Staffordshire Terrier). The AmStaff is a separate breed from the Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Stafford), though, not a "type" of SBT. The AmStaff is the AKC equivalent of the American Pit Bull Terrier, so it is banned in the UK.

I'd think any Pit Bull enthusiasts in USA etc would totally disagree with you. The Pit Bull is a totally different breed to the AmStaff. They are two distinct breeds & lovers of each breed get rather upset when they are 'lumped' together!Smile

amstaff can be dual registered as a pitbull and amstaff Wink amstaff are a show ring pitbull even American staffordshire terrier owner will agree with me on that Wink

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jun 26 2013, 10:56

also that why the breed is banned in the uk Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 3 Empty Irish Staff..

Post by ChloeEmma Wed Jul 10 2013, 16:22

I was told my staffy was an Irish Staff. pretty wise to the fact theres no such thing lol. but everyone says he is or definately has pitbull in him.

ChloeEmma

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 10 2013, 16:37

very unlikey your dog as pit in him also you dont really want to go around saying that Wink you could find yourself in trouble

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by whyrpplsoignorant??? Sun Jul 14 2013, 04:18

Drives me mad this- I knew someone who insisted they had a King Staff. When I asked he about it she was adamant it was a separate type because its legs are longer....
whyrpplsoignorant???
whyrpplsoignorant???

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mog Dog
Dog(s) Ages : 10 years
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 14 2013, 21:47

whyrpplsoignorant??? wrote:Drives me mad this- I knew someone who insisted they had a King Staff. When I asked he about it she was adamant it was a separate type because its legs are longer....

Yes, there was a member here who said he had a King Stafford.Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by bruno bonce Sat Jul 20 2013, 20:55

Brilliant article but I don't care what kind of staffy (if any) Bruno is. He's my little boy and I love him no matter what. Anyone who wants a particular kind of staff for my mind is a trophy hunter and not a pet owner
bruno bonce
bruno bonce

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 5 years owned, before that....guess!
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21 2013, 00:59

bruno bonce wrote:Brilliant article but I don't care what kind of staffy (if any) Bruno is. He's my little boy and I love him no matter what. Anyone who wants a particular kind of staff for my mind is a trophy hunter and not a pet owner

Nice post!thumbs up 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21 2013, 08:22

Excellent post Gib thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Simbastaffy Mon Jul 22 2013, 13:44

Very good info thanx i thinked that my staffy was amstaff to his long legged staffy SmileSmile

Simbastaffy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Simba
Dog(s) Ages : 6month

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Jul 22 2013, 14:15

Hi there simbastaffy, welcome to the forum, maybe you could say hi here :-)

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 3 Empty A word of warning.

Post by sherry Thu Aug 01 2013, 21:19

Be very careful who you go talking to about your dog if it is larger than the KC desired features and certainly don't mention the words pit bull. It is no joke.
I deal with dangerous dog legislation and if a dog has features like a pit bull it can be classed as a 'pit bull type'. Your dog just has to meet a certain % of the criteria. A pit bull type is likely to have absolutely no pit bull in it. If you or someone brings this to the attention of the authorities the dog can be taken from you and placed in a kennel until it can be examined (Do not ask the authorities for advice on whether your dog is 100% staffie or a pit bull type). If it is deemed a pit bull type the dog is at risk of being put to sleep. If it has bitten someone no matter how slight and they complain you could wait a long time for the matter to go to court. IF the dog is released it will be with extensive conditions from the court. Dogs become depressed and kennel crazed very quickly and a dog in kennels for a number of months can be permanently psychologically damaged and have to be put down anyway.
If you think your dog looks anything like a pit bull I suggest you keep it quiet, deny it and muzzle your dog if it isn't friendly. It is a serious lot of heart ache if you get caught out.
I have just managed to get a cross staffie girl off death row and released with conditions, she has only been in a kennel for two months and she is in a mentally poor state, her owner is working very hard to get her back right. He was lucky I was on his side and I managed to persuade the dangerous dog officer to apply to the courts to release the dog with conditions.
If you do fall foul get a solicitor that specialises in the dangerous dog acts, it could be the difference between life and death for your dog I can assure you.
sherry
sherry

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chester aka The Terrorist
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months

Back to top Go down

How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 3 Empty There is no such breed however he is still ur pet

Post by lizdrum Fri Aug 09 2013, 20:57

ChloeEmma wrote:I was told my staffy was an Irish Staff. pretty wise to the fact theres no such thing lol. but everyone says he is or definately has pitbull in him.
lizdrum
lizdrum

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rafferty
Dog(s) Ages : 7 yrs old
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Aug 09 2013, 21:08

????

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiets Thu Sep 12 2013, 09:44

First of all, my Stafford is amazing and perhaps my Stafford is a X, far, far back. His father has official papers, his mother has not. But after seeing her and cuddling her, I was pretty sure that she was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Her passport says this, too. But I know this isn't official or anything. Now, my pup is pretty high on his legs, but seeing (and learning) here that there are no types, is he just a big boy? He was the largest of the litter and people always ask me if he's an Amstaff, but I doubt it that he has this in him. Like I said, his dad was registered and his mother looked nothing like an Amstaff. People told me that he might have an 'Irish' bloodline, but this is not true then? It doesn't matter to me, if he grows bigger than the average Staffordshire Bull Terrier, there's only more to love! But I think it's interesting reading about this.

See, I just signed up and I'm already learning!
Kiets
Kiets

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 19/05/2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 12 2013, 09:49

Kiets wrote:First of all, my Stafford is amazing and perhaps my Stafford is a X, far, far back. His father has official papers, his mother has not. But after seeing her and cuddling her, I was pretty sure that she was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Her passport says this, too. But I know this isn't official or anything. Now, my pup is pretty high on his legs, but seeing (and learning) here that there are no types, is he just a big boy? He was the largest of the litter and people always ask me if he's an Amstaff, but I doubt it that he has this in him. Like I said, his dad was registered and his mother looked nothing like an Amstaff. People told me that he might have an 'Irish' bloodline, but this is not true then? It doesn't matter to me, if he grows bigger than the average Staffordshire Bull Terrier, there's only more to love! But I think it's interesting reading about this.

See, I just signed up and I'm already learning!
thumbs up 

Back to top Go down

Post by caro Fri Nov 08 2013, 11:13

Looking at the pix of my Poppy in the photo gallery, or indeed at my avata (staffie rescue 8 years old now ) is she a pure staffie,or a cross ? ,can anyone advise please...we have no papers...
To see Poppy look in the photo section please.
caro
caro

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy
Dog(s) Ages : 8 year old (Rescue Staffie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Mon Dec 02 2013, 12:20

I think this is a great link Big Grin  Ruben has long legs,and looks bigger than other staffy's. In the past people have commented on how he is half pit half staffy,which I disagree with. Why would you want to go around saying you think your dogs got pit in it when it's a banned breed is beyond me:o  Obviously,youve taken your dog to a vet? Well,if your dog was in anyway a pit,the vet would have your dog destroyed. I get the feeling that alot of folk WANT and LIKE to think their staffy is x pit. Look at the bigger picture. Do you really want to dig a hole for yourselves and have your beautiful dog put down....No Chance!!! Brilliant link, I wish I had read it before.applause 
Ange
Ange

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : Ruben
Dog(s) Ages : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by EMMALALA13 Sun Dec 08 2013, 19:57

I'm glad I just read this! Just seen "Irish staffs" on google and was convinced my dog was one.... now I know it's a load of twoddle. She's a staff who's just a bit fat lol
EMMALALA13
EMMALALA13

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Mimi
Dog(s) Ages : 2 ish
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Dec 08 2013, 20:15

thumbs up thumbs up 

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stu Fri Sep 26 2014, 22:20

sherry wrote:Be very careful who you go talking to about your dog if it is larger than the KC desired features and certainly don't mention the words pit bull. It is no joke.
I deal with dangerous dog legislation and if a dog has features like a pit bull it can be classed as a 'pit bull type'. Your dog just has to meet a certain % of the criteria. A pit bull type is likely to have absolutely no pit bull in it. If you or someone brings this to the attention of the authorities the dog can be taken from you and placed in a kennel until it can be examined (Do not ask the authorities for advice on whether your dog is 100% staffie or a pit bull type). If it is deemed a pit bull type the dog is at risk of being put to sleep. If it has bitten someone no matter how slight and they complain you could wait a long time for the matter to go to court. IF the dog is released it will be with extensive conditions from the court. Dogs become depressed and kennel crazed very quickly and a dog in kennels for a number of months can be permanently psychologically damaged and have to be put down anyway.
If you think your dog looks anything like a pit bull I suggest you keep it quiet, deny it and muzzle your dog if it isn't friendly. It is a serious lot of heart ache if you get caught out.
I have just managed to get a cross staffie girl off death row and released with conditions, she has only been in a kennel for two months and she is in a mentally poor state, her owner is working very hard to get her back right. He was lucky I was on his side and I managed to persuade the dangerous dog officer to apply to the courts to release the dog with conditions.
If you do fall foul get a solicitor that specialises in the dangerous dog acts, it could be the difference between life and death for your dog I can assure you.

if you read this.... https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t58846-just-hope-this-doesn-t-happen-to-you

I had to prove that my dog was a pure staff..letters and blood test from the vets ...I was told that if theres even a slight positive test for other breeds in the dna tests...that he could be classed as a pit ball type...I wasn't that to worried as I knew he was pure..but the thought did pass my mind...but imagine if he wasn't...??
stu
stu
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Millies mum Sun Dec 28 2014, 12:02

Very interesting! We are new to the staffie world and had a couple of friends with dogs ask if we had an "Irish staff" due to Millie's long legs. It confused us a little so we googled. As far as I see it there are soooo many mixes and little differences that I'm glad to read all this naming is codswallop. She is what she is and we love her regardless
Millies mum
Millies mum

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : millie
Dog(s) Ages : approx 4yrs but questionable
Support total : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by stu Mon Dec 29 2014, 11:15

exactly.....they are what they are....and as you rightly say....loved to bits... How many different 'types' of staffy are there? - Page 3 3198918699
stu
stu

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn&Pete Mon Dec 29 2014, 11:47

I don't know if it's been said, but as far as I know there's 2 types.
Male and female. Laughing
Pete
Lynn&Pete
Lynn&Pete
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Boson
Dog(s) Ages : May 2017
Support total : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by RiV Mon Jan 12 2015, 23:21

Jeez what a read my heads spinning.

Just to simplify it;

No papers means no proof of breed
Papers = proof

Harriet has no papers so we have no proof that she is pure therefore I would assume she has something else in there somewhere, but I got her as a pet and she will be spayed so I couldn't see the point in getting a papered dog.

I based the decision to get her on the temperament of the parents and also the people we got her off and didn't need papers to see she would be a good dog if she followed the parents temperament.

Also I would assume that some papered animals may grow outside of the standard but breeders would never use these dogs for breeding or be able to show them so they would more likely end up as pets and maybe used by BYB?

Cheers
RiV
RiV

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Harry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sesame Mon Feb 16 2015, 23:18

I will never know if my Staffie is not a cross. The previous owners bought her for £40 from a friend when she was approx four months old,the person they bought her off had bought her from a local type of breeder (hate them puppy mill types) When she was about four months too hmmm She has the build and is quite short,stocky and has a bow legged look lol yet her jaw does not appear to be as wide as those that I've seen on here. But then she is supposed to be  eight months,yet I thing she is probably older perhaps by a couple of months or more Surprised  As according to the young couple she was rescued from she has already had one season.... I dunno........But I love her to bits anyway. Love Struck

Sesame

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Bo
Dog(s) Ages : approx 8 months probably more

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3