humping a lot

2 posters

Go down

humping a lot Empty humping a lot

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 10:19

hey guys, just need some advice.
Russell has a big stuffed hippo and he just humps it flat out when I bring him inside in the evening. should I be discourage this behaviour? he doesn't hump anything else so I sort of just let him go.
also, he is intact.
what do you think?

Back to top Go down

humping a lot Empty Re: humping a lot

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 10:22

mine humps the cushions teddies and anything he can mount really but we tell him no and take them away. my brother once let his dog hump away at a teddy. it wasnt nice he would do it any time no matter who was there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 10:35

billy has a snake (draft excluder) hat he sometimes tries to hump. we just distract him away from it and then take it away, cause i woild not like it to spread to people or children when they visit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 13:14

I would discourage it, just so it doesn't spread.

Saxon only once tried to hump something, my boyfriend's leg. We were sitting on the couch and laughing and talking. Then Saxon walked over all wiggle-butt and just mounted the boyfriend's leg. We stopped talking and just stared at him and he slowly dismounted and backed away from us. It was really kind of funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 13:19

I've only had girlies sorry Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 13:46

jstaff wrote:I've only had girlies sorry Blushing

they can still hump apparently

Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 13:48

I'd discourage it. Try distracting, or just taking it away full stop. Constant humping can lead to prostate problems in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Tue Sep 06 2011, 13:51

My boy used to hump this toy elephant he had when he was about eight months old. Then in a fit of mania one day (perhaps because the elephant was not returning his loving caresses?) he took hold of it and tore it up into little pieces. The poor elephant never survived the carnage. He hasn't attempted or shown any interest in humping anything else since, except the occasional bitch that has caught his eye. He likes them tall and dark, as in, a good fifteen inches taller then him, i guess he aims high?
I've always felt sorry for him since not having anything to hump, after all he is intact. Maybe i should buy him a new toy love. Straight Face

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07 2011, 11:08

Caryll wrote:I'd discourage it. Try distracting, or just taking it away full stop. Constant humping can lead to prostate problems in the future.

just interested how humping causes prostate problems?

I took his Hippo away tonight and he wasn't very happy with me, but he stopped humping so I think I'll only bring the hippo out occasionally for him to play with. I don't particularly enjoy watching his antics with the hippo anyway so I am happy to discourage it! lol

thanks for the advice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07 2011, 14:20

russdogmum wrote:
Caryll wrote:I'd discourage it. Try distracting, or just taking it away full stop. Constant humping can lead to prostate problems in the future.

just interested how humping causes prostate problems?

I honestly don't know! That's just what a vet told me a couple of years ago!

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Sep 07 2011, 14:29

Laughing jade Laughing
Duke had a stuffed dog when he was a baby and he humped it to death Big Grin never has with anything else just his dog
It really is practice at this age so for me it would depend on what your intentions are for him if you dont like the behavior try to stop him
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content