Humping

2 posters

Go down

Humping Empty Humping

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 19:59

Loki tried to hump my arm Sad gross. I couldn't help but laugh at him though because he was hopping around from one foot to the next and panting (he never pants even after running around for an hour), but I wasn't particularly thrilled about it Laughing. I'm not really asking for advice because I know if he does it, I just have to distract him, get him to focus on something else (which he did after a while), but mostly just want to understand it better. Is this sexual behaviour or just normal excitement? He was on the couch with me, and he always gets excited and messes around and bites when he's there, so I was thinking maybe he was just so excited he decided to express his excitement in that way, or if it's some kind of sexual frustration. His lipstick wasn't out, if that means anything. Do dogs even get sexually frustrated? I always assumed they'd only get like that if there was a female in heat around, but I guess not.

Back to top Go down

Humping Empty Re: Humping

Post by janey Tue Apr 16 2013, 20:09

Sorry can't help at all as I've only had girls, and am rather pleased about that when I read these posts. It reminds me of a rabbit I had as a kid which used to hump its football all the time, or my brothers leg Laughing
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 20:11

A lot of the time it's over excitement. It can be a way of asserting dominance too.

Female dogs will hump too if over excited.

Having a female dog in heat will def make them more prone to it, there is a family that had a Cavvy that was on heat across the road from me and Logan was going bonkers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 20:11

It can either be over excitement, dominance, hormonal or just they they like it! Laughing

Normally it's an excess of energy or sudden excitement, though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 20:19

I doubt it's asserting dominance, because he used to hump his bed, so I'm going to go with excitement (and hopefully nothing sexual whatsoever, ever), since he does usually go mad when he's on the couch. Oh god I hope he grows out of it Sad it was a bit funny though, even if creepy Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 20:20

Logan will still do it the odd time when I come home from work because he's excited and knows he'll get out for a walk.

Def seemed to lessen with age though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 20:53

I hope so, because he never used to be like this. *Sigh*...here was me thinking males would be less complicated. I do hope he grows out of it Laughing but if not, at least I know how to deal with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 20:59

Tara wrote:I hope so, because he never used to be like this. *Sigh*...here was me thinking males would be less complicated. I do hope he grows out of it Laughing but if not, at least I know how to deal with it.

Logan is my first ever male dog and I'd def say they are more of a handful Laughing

Maybe that's just him though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 21:52

Vinnie does it occasionaly to me but its usually his bed His lipstick isnt out either so defo think its excitement! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 06:06

Oh dear Loki! Thankfully Vinny hasn't done too much humping (and hopefully stays that way). But one night I was standing at the stove and he pawed my leg, as if he was saying "turn around and see mum." As I turned he was air humping.
It was so funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17 2013, 07:46

Although I know at times females have been known to hump, having only had darcy i wouldnt know about boys Smile it's times like this I'm glad I have a little lady Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Tue Apr 30 2013, 18:36

Oh, Biscuit loves to hump.. she's a little hump machine. It makes me feel queasy but unfortunately my boyfriend thinks it's hilarious and after a very bored day whilst I was at work he had taught her to hump his leg on command. It's over excitement with her, strange little thing Laughing
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30 2013, 18:42

Rachel33 wrote:Oh, Biscuit loves to hump.. she's a little hump machine. It makes me feel queasy but unfortunately my boyfriend thinks it's hilarious and after a very bored day whilst I was at work he had taught her to hump his leg on command. It's over excitement with her, strange little thing Laughing

Your boyfriend's turned the unwanted behaviour into a trick, oh dear Laughing Loki tends to repeatedly do every trick he knows on the off chance he gets a treat, so that'd be horrible for us. They are weird, thankfully no humping incidents recently...except when he did it to my brother, which I'm fine with Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down