+3
Aniemother
Steve
rubythestaff
7 posters

Go down

fuming Empty fuming

Post by rubythestaff Tue Aug 02 2011, 18:58

took me golden retriever and my staff pup up the woods for a walk today and my goldie was attacked by 3 staffs.

i was walking through the woods and i spotted a man with 3 staffs of lead so i put my goldie on his lead ( not because the bloke had staffs but because my dog is overly playful and alot of dogs dont like it.

the bloke was a good 50-60yds away from me and then his dogs saw mine and he shouted NO very loudly, i soon realised why.
his dogs came running down the path at high speed and one of them bit into archies ( my goldie ) neck, the other bit into it on the other side and the 3rd dog jumped straight over him and had a hold of his nose.

poor old arch was crying and trying to fight back but tbh he never stood a chance.

anyway i obviously dived in and started pulling them of him but even i was fighting a losing battle and one of the dogs actually went for me ( but missed luckily ).
i looked up to see where the owner was and he was STOOD a few yds away shouting his dogs to come but they wouldnt listen.

i know im gonna get hung for this but i ended up kicking and punching his dogs hard and one of them ran of crying after a few more kicks from me the others ran of to, BUT then the bloke was shouting at me cause i just kicked his dogs.

i told him they should be on a lead and that he should have helped with the fight but he wasnt listening and said he should give me a kick in for it.
so i tied my dog to a tree and hit him, i know its wrong and i feel abit guilty but i was so angry and worked up after having to fight with 3 powerful dogs why he just stood there and i guess i just wasnt thinking staright, thing is a few years ago it wouldnt have bothered me hitting him but for some reason maybe cause im older it kinda does.

oh yeah p.s after all that i realised i had 2 dogs so where was my 20 week old staff well she had ran and hid behind a tree and i found her after about 5 mins lol

once again if it has offended anyone either hitting him or the dogs i appologise

rubythestaff
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

fuming Empty Re: fuming

Post by Steve Tue Aug 02 2011, 19:04

God i hate dogs fights Sad i can remember when i was walking my mate staffy x bull terrier i had him on the lead becasue he was abit funny with other dogs at wits end this stupid woman let go of her staffy x mastiff I dont want to s it was a nightmare if she was a bloke i would knock the him out.

Last edited by Steve on Tue Aug 02 2011, 19:06; edited 1 time in total

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Tue Aug 02 2011, 19:04

Of course you should defend your dog, I see no problem with kicking an attacking dog. Hitting the guy probably wasn't the smartest thing (although well deserved), but hopefully he realizes you had good reason to get mad and won't take it any further.
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 19:07

i agree with all of the above, i get mad when i see someone kicking a dog for no good reason but your action was needed in the situation you describe. i dont blame you for the hitting the guy im just surprised he didnt hit back. i just worry that someone else in that scenario may not far so well

Back to top Go down

Post by rubythestaff Tue Aug 02 2011, 19:29

nicolalouises wrote:i agree with all of the above, i get mad when i see someone kicking a dog for no good reason but your action was needed in the situation you describe. i dont blame you for the hitting the guy im just surprised he didnt hit back. i just worry that someone else in that scenario may not far so well

i doubt he will take it any further as he looked like a thug anyway and had a can of stella in his hands so id make a guess and say he has been in trouble before i maybe wrong ( book by its cover and all ).

tbh i dint hit him that hard but it was in the right place 17 years of kick boxing helps sometimes, and the fact im 6ft 6 and weigh 16 stone may have put him of.

i know i should have kept my cool but at the time i had a fair bit of my dogs blood on me and i was unsure of his condition, my addrenalin was going crazy and i had this t""t shouting at me saying he is gonna batter me so i guess i just lost it.

anyway once we were outta the way i checked my dog over and he got a cut neck, puncture marks on his back bit of ear missing (only a little bit ) and some skin on his nose has been cut open and he has a bald patch on the side of his face, took him to the vet and he is ok just a bit shakin so were taken him to the pet shop tomoz to but him some new toys

rubythestaff

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Brindlestaffy Tue Aug 02 2011, 19:51

I don't blame you! My Oh would probably have done the same! Some people are so stupid, really gets my back up - as a responsible dog owner if my dog was prone to attacking other dogs I would muzzle it and never let it off the lead. Some people have no common sense!
Brindlestaffy
Brindlestaffy

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Brock and Jeff :)
Dog Gender(s) : Brock - female, Jeff - male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 21:47

How scary!! No one can say how they would react in a situation until they are in it! While it probably wasn't the best thing to hit the owner, I don't know how I would react so I can't really condemn! Sorry you and your pups had to go through this!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Tue Aug 02 2011, 21:50

So very sorry to read this, I think what you have described is every dog owners secret nightmare. Your poor goldie must have been terrified and nobody would condemn you for doing whatever you had to do to defend your dog.

Glad Archie wasn't too badly injured please give him a big hug from me.

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 22:23

I would of done the same thing...scratch that i have done the same thing, if anything or anyone is going to threaten my animals safety i am going to lay them out its that simple,
Once a guy pointed a gun at Taz, i kicked him in the family jewels and hit him in the nose with the butt of his own gun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 22:28

I hope your dog is okay. I most likely would have done the same thing as you. The maartial arts training sure does help Laughing At least you were able to control it though. I'm afraid I would have taken it a bit further and the better half would have to come bail me out.

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Tue Aug 02 2011, 22:37

Aww poor you having to see that it is horrible my brothers staffy got attacked by two german shepards who were off the lead and my brothers staffy was on the lead not because he is nasty just because he aint mine and dont want him to run off they attacked him and he ended up with a gash in his neck and a vet bill and the owner did nothing bearing in mind he couldnt as he was on a motorised scooter and had no legs so wasnt much he could do didnt even own a lead. i dont blame you for kicking the dogs its what you had to do to protect yours some people just dont have a clue
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 22:54

How are your dogs? Especially the goldie. Poor things must have been really scared.

I'd have done the same thing, so would my oh. You do anything you can to protect your dogs.

Why, oh why do people insist on giving the poor old stafford such a bad name?

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Aug 02 2011, 23:09

I dont blame you one bit you did right flaming moron shouldnt be allowed to own dogs hope your 2 are okay group hug
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content