AllOfUS
dav
LauraTaylor90
10 posters

Go down

Mad Fuming!

Post by LauraTaylor90 Sat Dec 21 2013, 01:20

i am so mad right now!!!  angry  angry  angry  angry 

my mums husband said its a "disgrace" i have patch, that "im asking for trouble" and that i shouldn't go running to my mum when "he mauls me"! really? she or him have not met my dog and are being p***** about the whole situation!

sorry for ranting but i am so annoyed! the dont know what a gentle, caring loving dog he is, and anyone can see it! why there being so horrible  dont know, but to say the things there saying is making my blood boil!!!!!

Last edited by Kathy on Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for language)
LauraTaylor90
LauraTaylor90
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Patch & Millie
Dog(s) Ages : 14/10/2012 & 14/11/2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male/Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Mad Re: Fuming!

Post by dav Sat Dec 21 2013, 01:49

Dont let your "mums husband" anywhere near Patch, he does't deserve the love & affection that your Patch bestows on others. His mind is already made up & its highly unlikely he will change his view. Dont let him bring you down, give Patch a biggggg hug.
dav
dav
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Fuming! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Samba
Dog(s) Ages : Born: 22-10-12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by AllOfUS Sat Dec 21 2013, 04:27

I wouldn't worry yourself. depending on who you talk to staffys can have a bad reputation then the next person can love them to bits. My nan was disappointed when I got Renny and told me so but I didn't let it get to me. Its only an opinion your mums husband will either realize he is all good (like my nan) or keep distance. I have truly realized with this breed of dog there are die hard lovers or the other end of the scale. I have learnt not to take it to heart he is my dog and hes alright be me:) and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

AllOfUS
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21 2013, 06:05

What an idiot angry hold your head high and hug your boy extra tight, it's his loss. Fuming! 3198918699

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat Dec 21 2013, 07:46

I had the same when first taking on Biscuit, family wouldn't come into the home or allow me to visit with her. After a while they realised we came as a pair and spent some time with her, they're bessoted with her now, even bought her Xmas presents lol! Let Patch prove them wrong Smile he soon will! Biscuit was actually very fearfully human aggressive when I first adopted her and they soon learnt to understand to give her time and space! A few of them actually want staffs now Smile
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sat Dec 21 2013, 14:03

Don't let him get to you. My mum was the same when I told her I was rescuing Ledger "dangerous dog.....what if he attacks their dog....blah blah blah" I arranged for my parents and their dog to come to the rescue centre while I walked Ledger and the change in attitude was instant as the staffy love for all humans won them over
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Dec 21 2013, 14:05

Unfortunately some people believe everything they read  Sad Don't let it get to you hun x
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraTaylor90 Sat Dec 21 2013, 14:35

They dont even see me anyways, so they will never see him. Just causing trouble for the sake of it!

They cant speak anyways, atleast my dogs better behaved then theirs! They have a german shepard cross alsation, and she growls and bears teeth at people she hasnt met and on a few occasions has went for people!

Least i can take my dog out and he will walk so gentley on a lead snd tries to shower people with kisses when he mets someone!

It just annoys me because anything i do is wrong with them its just more ammunitiin against me, but hey make out there dog is so caring and loving but its far from the truth! They shouldn't critazie me , when there dog isn't even well behaved.
LauraTaylor90
LauraTaylor90

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Patch & Millie
Dog(s) Ages : 14/10/2012 & 14/11/2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male/Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21 2013, 14:57

That's a shame they have said that, just ignore them it's them that are missing out  biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Dec 21 2013, 15:14

I'm sure you will prove them wrong Lauren.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by TS06 Sat Dec 21 2013, 16:34

Even if he was right about Staffies, which he is not, his manner of speaking to you is inappropriate. A reasonable, but misinformed person who misunderstands the breed could try to find a nice way of expressing concern.

This man is both wrong and rude.

Maybe some day he will get to know the dog and realise that he has unwittingly swallowed baseless scare stories? Maybe he won't.

I sometimes try to step back and imagine if I were meeting my dog for the first time, what would I think of him based on his behaviour. Other than a keen willingness to set off after cats (I'm working on this), his behaviour is excellent.... happy, playful, very friendly and stable. I conclude that anyone who is wary of him is acting on an image in their own minds, not on what they are actually looking at. It is literally canine racism.

You have a fabulous dog. Try not to worry about prejudice. If I may suggest, though it is very difficult, try to handle it with humour and a clear head. You are in the right on this one! Smile

TS06
TS06

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21 2013, 17:02

Just one word from me "Ignorance"  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by damrabbit Sun Dec 22 2013, 14:32

I share your rage as my mom is exactly the same but more suprising is that she is a lifetime dog owner and breeder!!!!! But when I had rizz she has told me not to bring him round as she wouldn't trust him not to "savage and kill" her dogs even though she knows I have 3 other dogs and he hasn't yet eaten any of those.
And then when she found out a friend of ours is coming to stay with us over Christmas with her newborn I was subject to a stern talking too about how I would have to be very careful with rizz around the baby in case he attacks it then when I point out all my dogs are rescues and I would have to be very careful with all of them as I don't know how any will react when a baby screams and cries but was told yes but especially "THAT" one it makes my blood boil at the level of ignorance shown by a dog owner/shower and breeder of more than 50 years  angry angry angry angry angry 

damrabbit

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Rizz
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by carl&gemma edwards Sun Dec 22 2013, 18:07

people siad that when i got ellie my first staff they even crosse the road when i was walking her.
carl&gemma edwards
carl&gemma edwards

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : diesel
Dog(s) Ages : 11 month
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down