Mark
pongy
rebeccaleanne
Sashdog
9 posters

Go down

Fuming Empty Fuming

Post by Sashdog Fri Feb 01 2013, 21:59

So took big lad out on a walk today and nearly ended up brawling!!

Theres a woman who walks a little black terrier thing same place we walk and it went for sash and had her last month. The lady made a fuss and told me to wait hes got to learn that other dogs arent bad, ots his hormones she said that have made him not lile them. Its always off its lead and shes alwayd throwing a ball for it.
Where we walk is just a path really that goes for miles horses and bike e.t.c use it.

So who do we see coming round the last corner, this dog! Luckily had ozzie on his lead this dog came right up to him, the woman had only just come theoygh the gate as i walked forward to find her.

We said "can you put him on the lead please"

Then she gave funny looks, so i simply said " its ok i dont want him going for him like he did with my little one cause he might retaliate"

And she turns round and calls me a liar! And i must have got him moxed up with another cause she walks past me all the time. After that sentance again calling me a liar in my face.

I was protecting her dog aswell as mine!
A woman round the corner from me said the same dog bit her shi zhu puppy the same week as it bit sash.

I told her this and still i was a liar. I had to walk away before she got bit by me!

Some people, what is wrong with them really?!

In a way i wish it had of gone for oz as i would have reported it straight away and then proven to some people round here that staffords arent the nasty ones all the tome!
found out where she lives for if anything happens again though
Sashdog
Sashdog
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Sash & Noonan
Dog(s) Ages : Sash born 23.08.2012 Noonan born 09.03.2013
Dog Gender(s) : Female & Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Fuming Empty Re: Fuming

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:07

What a b**ch..

I'm yet to have any of these altications everyone on here has lol I can't wait Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:11

Unreal r some people! Sorry to hear about it :-(
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:15

It's such a shame that you have to put up with this nonsense Ellie. Who does she think she is calling you a liar cheeky *? And it's a shame that you have to put up with the feelings of wanting to kick off, if it gets too strong it goes down the leads to our dogs. Walks should be relaxing and trouble free, i wish people would realise that if they continue to allow their dogs to attack ours that one day dogs or humans will retaliate Sad
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:28

Thank god this hasn't happened to me...yet? Laughing sounds really frustrating, someone calling you a liar when they know their dog has some problems. I mean really, is it the end of the world to put your dog on the lead when it's not empty? That's what I do, it's not difficult.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sashdog Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:50

Annoyed me so much, luckily my fiance had hold of ozzie so no tension spotte by him.

Just thefact i know if it had been a dog fight ozzie would have got the crap for it Sad
Sashdog
Sashdog

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 23:00

The little black terrier thing has hormones has he? Oh well that explains and excuses everything.

Unfortunately, it's God's Law that little dogs, and especially those owned by ladies of a certain age, can do no wrong. They are allowed, by this same God's Law, to run riot and it's The Other Dog's fault if they retaliate. There is no changing this Law I'm afraid, as a lot of us have found out.

It shouldn't have to be necessary, but I would advise you to pick your puppy up if you come across these hooligans again. Better this than let a spoiled little brat possibly spoiling your puppy's temperament. If with your big lad, put him on a short lead and walk rapidly in the opposite direction if possible, if not pull him to one side until the brat passes. In each case no words need be exchanged, unless the brat attacks. In which case, give brat's mummy both barrels - you will be in the right.

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Fri Feb 01 2013, 23:03

Lynda wrote:The little black terrier thing has hormones has he? Oh well that explains and excuses everything.

Unfortunately, it's God's Law that little dogs, and especially those owned by ladies of a certain age, can do no wrong. They are allowed, by this same God's Law, to run riot and it's The Other Dog's fault if they retaliate. There is no changing this Law I'm afraid, as a lot of us have found out.

It shouldn't have to be necessary, but I would advise you to pick your puppy up if you come across these hooligans again. Better this than let a spoiled little brat possibly spoiling your puppy's temperament. If with your big lad, put him on a short lead and walk rapidly in the opposite direction if possible, if not pull him to one side until the brat passes. In each case no words need be exchanged, unless the brat attacks. In which case, give brat's mummy both barrels - you will be in the right.

this is what i try do, when you can see some one is panicking or there giving you the look when passing i try to get him to sit and let them pass..........
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 23:35

Only way Rebecca - show them that Staffs are better than they think (I'd still pick the puppy up though).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sashdog Fri Feb 01 2013, 23:43

Afraid i cant pick ozzie up, hes not the one in my picture hes a big 3 year old, weighs about 4 and a half stone now i think, he weighed about 5 when we got him haha!
Sashdog
Sashdog

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Feb 01 2013, 23:46

Lynda wrote: (I'd still pick the puppy up though).
Agreed i'm new to ownership and i am not humanizing but i grew up getting jumped all the time and one day i defended myself then i was always ready, on edge at all times pro-aggressive, if a dog gets attacked often enough it's only time before it bites back then bites 1st, so pick the pup up no self defence, oops just read your post Ozzie may be a bit too heavy for that, so yet again i can't advise sorry
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Fri Feb 01 2013, 23:47

Lynda wrote:Only way Rebecca - show them that Staffs are better than they think (I'd still pick the puppy up though).

Sashdog wrote:Afraid i cant pick ozzie up, hes not the one in my picture hes a big 3 year old, weighs about 4 and a half stone now i think, he weighed about 5 when we got him haha!

snap, tykes a lump bless him i cannot pick him up for love nor money, so we have to sit and wait and show that we are nice people with a fab dog Big Grin
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02 2013, 20:01

Sorry for the confusion - I meant pick up Sash the puppy (4 months old?).

Ozzie the big lump is the one I meant to drag to one side and wait patiently for the so-and-so to pass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sat Feb 02 2013, 20:16

i think most on here have that problem more that once a week its pretty common but damn annoying Smile angry
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Sashdog Sat Feb 02 2013, 21:42

Yeah i tend to stop with ozzie and let people pass as he is big and understand it can be quite scary when a dog his size wants to play with somebodys tiny poodle haha.

Other people have been fine they stop to admire him and let there dogs play a bit, he tends to just walk off after a sniff though haha.

Just this one blooming lady!!

Havent passe her with sash again since it went for her but she will deinately go on the lead or be picked up of that other dog isnt.
Sashdog
Sashdog

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mad dog women Sat Feb 02 2013, 22:14

im sure some people set off with the intent of having a go at someone
i'm sure they do i would say ignore them but i suppose in that
situation its hard to my hubby is better at handling things like
this, me i just want to rip their bloody heads off i relay need to chill rolleyes
mad dog women
mad dog women
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : ramble , fern , June , jenny & gorge
Dog(s) Ages : 13 , 12 , 4 , 3 , 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : 4 girls 1 boy :)
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Sun Feb 03 2013, 10:02

Thats why i take mine in the middle of one where i get no hassle then
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Feb 03 2013, 10:23

angry .. really makes me mad this type thing at wits end

We almost had an incident yesterday ... after a run, we decided to take Max into town with us while poppin to a shop, as he's mainly excercised in the middle of nowhere, so its good for him to be around ppl (which he loves bless him) and differant smells etc

Anywho, got loads of the usual lovely comments about him, apart from when walking up this very narrow, almost single file pavement, with cars going by etc, in the old part of town ... amongst a few ppl passing I'm pretty sure I heard one woman say the word "muzzle" as she had just got past me angry ... oh was directly behind me and I tried to spin around and make the silly cow justify her comment but there just wasnt enough room to to so safely, and the wife kept pushing me forward sayin .. "take no notice, just carry on" .. I was feckin fuming angry for some reason it really got to me at wits end
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by kateIrl Sun Feb 03 2013, 10:36

i hate that kind of situations angry it always gets on my nerves and i just cant stay calm and quiet, always have to say something i just cant stand ppl like that phbbbbt
kateIrl
kateIrl
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 22months
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 10:43

calm and no shouting is the best otherwise you will just get labelled as "one of them staffy owners" regardless of blame. There aren't so many non staffy owners that will stand by your side on this unfortunately though some do exist

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Feb 03 2013, 11:06

Dave wrote:calm and no shouting is the best otherwise you will just get labelled as "one of them staffy owners" regardless of blame. There aren't so many non staffy owners that will stand by your side on this unfortunately though some do exist

Your right there mate, but I'm afraid if a perfect stranger feels the need to make a comment in my direction, or air their veiw without being asked .. then they better be able to justify it, and also take my veiw that they WILL get in return >Smile
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Sun Feb 03 2013, 11:40

Linda, I must take you up on the "ladies of a certain age" so unfair, and I read this phrase too often on forums. Its just an excuse tainted with ageism, also there was nothing referring to age in Ellies first post.
We are all meant to love dogs here, so why refer to the Black Terrier as a "spoiled little brat", these words just inflame emotions nothing more, and are probably far from the truth.
But back to Ellies post, maybe in a situation like this is not to argue and shout it only inflames a bad situation, and if no dog was hurt, then why all the fuss.
Panda
Panda

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sashdog Sun Feb 03 2013, 12:04

The only person that raised her voice was her. I have never been spoke to like it in my life, i was so shocked.

I do think the way she retaliated was because she knew it was true. And her dog could be in trouble if anything said.

I had so many words for her when i got home haha i walked round saying them to myself for ages haha!
Sashdog
Sashdog

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 14:14

Dave wrote:calm and no shouting is the best otherwise you will just get labelled as "one of them staffy owners" regardless of blame.

That is the best advice ever. It's very frustrating to deal with irresponsible owners, (I seem to do it on a daily basis). The best thing to do is rise above and handle to situation as calm as possible. As soon as you lose your temper you've lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Feb 03 2013, 16:57

MatLogan wrote:
Dave wrote:calm and no shouting is the best otherwise you will just get labelled as "one of them staffy owners" regardless of blame.

That is the best advice ever. It's very frustrating to deal with irresponsible owners, (I seem to do it on a daily basis). The best thing to do is rise above and handle to situation as calm as possible. As soon as you lose your temper you've lost.

Nah .. just let um have it .. but thats just me Big Grin
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 20:57

Sorry Anne (Panda), I was feeling a bit bilious when I wrote that. It's just that I have had so many run-ins over the years with little dogs having a go at my bigger dogs for no reason at all, and their owners (who more often than not have been ladies of a certain age) have made excuses for their dog "he doesn't like big dogs" "he's a little tinker isn't he" etc and obviously think that because their dog is little he won't do any damage and can be forgiven everything. Sorry, but that has been my experience.

Oh, and I myself am a lady of a certain age!

But you're right, I shouldn't make sweeping statements and resolve to bite my tongue in future Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by mad dog women Mon Feb 04 2013, 01:17

Sashdog wrote:The only person that raised her voice was her. I have never been spoke to like it in my life, i was so shocked.

I do think the way she retaliated was because she knew it was true. And her dog could be in trouble if anything said.

I had so many words for her when i got home haha i walked round saying them to myself for ages haha!

you sound just like me i do the same thing when someone has annoyed me applause
mad dog women
mad dog women

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : ramble , fern , June , jenny & gorge
Dog(s) Ages : 13 , 12 , 4 , 3 , 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : 4 girls 1 boy :)
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Mon Feb 04 2013, 11:47

Linda, Please dont bite your tongue, we have free speech in England and can say whatever we like. I was a bit on my high horse. What do us older ladies go through????? thumbs up
Panda
Panda

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04 2013, 19:55

Thanks Anne, it's hard enough being a batty old woman without other batty old women having a go at us isn't it? (And I mean me having a go about the lady with the black terrier !)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down