KarlyandDoug
Kathy
Maria90
Sazzle
9 posters

Go down

fuming! Empty fuming!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 13:30

Well I've just got a letter through the post.

Someone has reported us to the council for having dangerous dogs! I have absolutely no idea why or who, it does say on the letter that there has been no incident or incident witnessed. But it is an official letter from our animal enforcement officer.

I just don't get it, we've been on walks at stupid o'clock due to the heat so seen no one or no dogs, no one has been to the house or garden in months, it's not the posty lass as she's known the boys for years and they are always behind the gate when she comes.

Our neighbor who shares the jitty we are very good friends with but she's in america so i'm going to have a word and see if anyone has mentioned anything when she's back.

Am not worried just * fuming, Chance is always on lead and muzzled 95% of the time in public anyway so angry But then they could have reported Harvey if thats who they've seen Laughing

Last edited by ella on Wed Jul 17 2013, 16:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

fuming! Empty Re: fuming!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 13:33

angry  angry angry nasty busy bodies angry angry angry no wonder your fuming. I would be too!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Jul 17 2013, 13:40

Oh my God, that is crazy, I am not suprised you're fuming.

Stupid, horrible, ignorant people  angry X(angry
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:03

That's insane! Why would anyone do that! You have every right to be fuming! Ridiculous silly people
Maria90
Maria90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:09

What a load of BS

Are there any contact details on the letter for the enforcement officer, think I would get in touch with them to see whats it all about.

If there has been no incident or incident witnessed what prove to these people have that you own a dangerous dog.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:10

Yer there is the contact name and information for the officer but i don't no whether contacting them would make it worse or not

Back to top Go down

Post by KarlyandDoug Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:22

I would contact them. Explain that you are surprised you have received this letter and would like to know a little bit more information. As long as you are polite and friendly it can not make this worse. Smile  If you go ranting and raving at the guy that may make it worse though obviously!
KarlyandDoug
KarlyandDoug
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Doug
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:24

I would be fuming also
What is the purpose of the letter? Is any action going to be taken?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:30

The letter is to say an official complaint has been received to say that allegedly we have dangerous dogs here. But the council has not witnessed or no incident has been logged.

We have to agree to co-operate and keep our dogs under control?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:35

I think you should write back and complain about it. It isn't at all fair, especially considering the measures you take to make sure they're both well behaved!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:43

I shall give it a couple of days to think about it, but have kept the letter anyway and have a word with some neighbors as we know most of them and see what they say

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:47

I hope you find out who it was. They should have the guts to tell you to your face if they have a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by taichi Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:47

I would be straight on the phone to them, I would be polite, but ask why my dogs have be reported as dangerous, I would politely demand they come round and check themselves, THEN I would enjoy taking my dogs out and about as normal, but with the sense of satisfaction that whom ever reported them can see that its business as usual, surely they would feel stupid for reporting in first place
taichi
taichi

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey
Dog(s) Ages : 19 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Wed Jul 17 2013, 14:55

What a joke! Especially if there's been no incidents, the council are just as dumb as the person who reported it. How can they be dangerous if they haven't put anyone in danger?
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 9
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 15:04

taichi wrote:I would be straight on the phone to them, I would be polite, but ask why my dogs have be reported as dangerous, I would politely demand they come round and check themselves, THEN I would enjoy taking my dogs out and about as normal, but with the sense of satisfaction that whom ever reported them can see that its business as usual, surely they would feel stupid for reporting in first place

See thats the problem, if i contact them they might want to come round and check but chance is human aggressive so it would look like he's dangerous if they want to meet him in the house Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 15:19

*. Anyway, chance is a rescue so they would back you up and harv...well hes just a big teddy lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 15:22

I'd write a polite, friendly letter explaining that you have two dogs, one is super friendly, the other can be a little aggressive with strangers. Explain that the 2nd dog is always muzzled & on lead in public and is no danger to anybody. Mention that Chance is a rescue dog, whose training is going well, but is a work in progress. Ask what grounds there have been for a complaint so that you are able to defend yourself.

If you ignore it, it will sound like you accept the complaint & agree to whatever terms have been put in the letter.

Better to get it all out in the open.

Last edited by Caryll on Wed Jul 17 2013, 15:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandz Wed Jul 17 2013, 15:23

You could suggest meeting in a park or somewhere locally, you could say that way they can see how the dogs are in public. That would get round them going to the house.
I hate busy bodies who have nothing better to do than upset everybody else.
Mandz
Mandz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
fuming! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Frankie
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 16:10

yer i'll get one wrote up Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 16:36

ella wrote:The letter is to say an official complaint has been received to say that allegedly we have dangerous dogs here. But the council has not witnessed or no incident has been logged.

We have to agree to co-operate and keep our dogs under control?

Sounds like a pointless letter to me. They more or less conceeding to the alergations. If there was any edvidence they WOULD be taking action so if there isn't any, don't send a fecking letter. TARDS!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 16:37

Draft copy

Dear Nesh Cow
F*@k off
Your Sincerlly
Ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 17:37

Mike wrote:Draft copy

Dear Nesh Cow
F*@k off
Your Sincerlly
Ella

Oh i love you a little Mike Love Struck Love Struck 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 17:50

ella wrote:
Mike wrote:Draft copy

Dear Nesh Cow
F*@k off
Your Sincerlly
Ella

Oh i love you a little Mike Love Struck Love Struck 

Nesh cow, are you talking to me Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 17:50

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 18:15

Absolutely ridiculous! I a sure you can handle them Ella:D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 20:23

My letter idea

"You think my dogs are dangerous ?? well you ain't met the owner "

Nah seriously I would approach them with a letter explaining your circumstances and how you have handled the boys and how you deal with the issues , don't let the busy bodies win . Do you not personally know anyone that knows the boys with a good community standing that can vouch for your efforts ??? Vicar , police , doctor etc your Vet (even if you pay him 0 money as you avoid the drugs Smile )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 20:25

I'm going to write a letter and see what they say.

Never thought of that, my neighbour has said she will vouch for the boys, but I'll have think see if theres anyone with some standing who knows them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 20:31

ella wrote:I'm going to write a letter and see what they say.

Never thought of that, my neighbour has said she will vouch for the boys, but I'll have think see if theres anyone with some standing who knows them.

Always good to have someone responsible on your side , jees there are loads on here that could vouch for your dedication including me but whether anyone would listen to a prattling old man is another thing all together

What about the postman , milkman etc if you don't know anyone else , people that aren't "mates" but need to come to your house on a reasonably regular basis that can still prove they have all of their fingers and toes , a park warden ??

No need to get them to write references at this stage but the more impartial or upstanding people that can couch for the kids the more you can discredit any d1ckheads. Neighbours would be a great one Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jul 17 2013, 20:33

Good idea there Dave, Ella does mention the post lady who does know the boys.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukeyx Wed Jul 17 2013, 21:24

Some * reported to you because you dog wasn't a fluffy poodle, god some people are idiots.
Lukeyx
Lukeyx

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bella/Angus
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Wed Jul 17 2013, 21:59

Sounds like a standard letter and in some ways I would rather know that someone (busybody or not) had made a complaint to authorities rather than them collating a secret file. Bonus with knowing as a responsible owner is you are already fully aware of the extra care that is needed to be taken with Chance and you will just reinforce how responsible you are.

I would want to know what the letter means in terms of what record they keep on you though I'm sure in a number of circumstances they are just * covering in a cant be seen to do nothing kind of way.

Remember Some people just like to try and cause trouble for others, I have a friend who's cat has been issued an ASBO due to malicious reports from people in her village, the cat has even been thrown in the back of a delivery lorry to try and get rid of it! It keeps coming back though responsible owner has tracking collars and it is microchipped Laughing 
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 22:03

Oh for heavens sake. Some busybody sees Ella out with a "pitbull" (that's the usual ignorant mindset) and having nothing better to do with their lives, decides to meddle.

Anyone who really knows Ella and her dogs would know what a conscientious owner she is - no wonder she's feeling upset.

Co-incidentally, a similar troublemaker/busybody reported my son's friend to the RSPCA recently, and he too received a letter. Apparently they accused him of beating his 5 year old Staffie bitch with a stick, and that she is underweight. He responded and invited the RSPCA to visit, which they did and found that the bitch is perfectly happy, not beaten (as if) and is in fact on the porky side. Because he is living on reduced circumstances, they will also spay the bitch free of charge after her next season.

Ella, we all feel furious for you. Respond with a letter (as that was the method of communication) nicely and politely as suggested above - maybe leaving out the nesh cow comment, the nesh cow was only doing her job! - and let them see how well you look after and "control " your dogs.

Enjoy your razz tonight! fuming! 3198918699  fuming! 3198918699  fuming! 3198918699 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18 2013, 12:32

Thanks guys Smile I'll get a letter wrote over the weekend and let you know if anything comes of it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18 2013, 18:44

How are you feeling today? Did you have a good night last night?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18 2013, 22:59

Me i'm fine, got a headache that won't go but theres nothing new!

Well i was out on the razz so didn't get to bed until 6am Big Grin but it cheered me up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18 2013, 23:06

Good to hear. Beer solves everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down