Over excitement or something else?

2 posters

Go down

Over excitement or something else? Empty Over excitement or something else?

Post by ratfink Tue Nov 01 2022, 15:23

We have an almost 3 year old Staffy that we got from the humane society that was found on the street. We've had her for almost 1 year and honestly she is the best dog we've ever owned. My only concern is when out on walks if there is a park with kids playing, screaming and running around she REALLY want to go over to see. She almost seems worried, but I'm unsure what she would do if she were to get free. I bring her over to investigate, but she just wants to see the kids and keeps pulling. I'm not sure how she would react if I let her off the leash(which I won't do). Is she over excited? Would she be too aggressive? or does she have a primal need to....attack(maybe strong wording). I'm just not sure what she's thinking.

ratfink
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Over excitement or something else? Empty Re: Over excitement or something else?

Post by Nifty staffy Tue Nov 01 2022, 18:56

Hi & welcome to the forum  wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

Over excitement or something else? Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

Over excitement or something else? Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Over excitement or something else? Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Over excitement or something else? Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Over excitement or something else? Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Over excitement or something else? Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
Over excitement or something else? Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Over excitement or something else? B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Tue Nov 01 2022, 19:00

Hello, welcome and good on you for offering a forever home to your girl.

With regards to the reaction with children, I would guess she’d probably want to jump on them to lick them to death. True staffy style Laughing

But do be careful as she could also be on the defensive.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Over excitement or something else? B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down