Jenc
Mia05
JStaff
Mistys Mum
15 posters

Go down

Crying When will it stop?

Post by VikkiGT4 Thu Sep 03 2015, 08:41

So it's been 2 1/2 months since we had to say bye to Knox and I'm STILL crying. I still feel so terrible for putting him to sleep and I just burst into tears at any given moment. It's getting me some right weird looks. Sat at the traffic lights yesterday balling my eyes out with the guy in the car next to me looking at me with a confused and concerned look on his face. Had to try and flash him a smile, bet I looked like a right psychotic mess silly

Monday a friend of mine shared someones facebook status advertising their 2 year old staffy bitch "free to a good" home. Followed by another friend tagging me in he post saying "I know it's obvious but have you asked Vikki and Matt?". I just lost it. The guy got a right tongue lashing off me. I told him he was inconsiderate and that he should think about what he's posting. I also went mental at the post offering her "free to a good home" saying that I think it's disgusting how people can just GIVE an dog away when it will probably end up as a bait dog if it's free! I then proceeded to ball my eyes out thinking about my boy and how much I miss him.

Now sat at work typing this and again crying but trying to hide it so people don't think I'm a mental case. It's like no one understands. Crying or Very sad

When will it stop?!
VikkiGT4
VikkiGT4
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Knox (RIP baby boy <3)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 234

Back to top Go down

Crying Re: When will it stop?

Post by Mistys Mum Thu Sep 03 2015, 10:16

Oh Vikki my heart goes out to you. I don't think the pain ever truly goes away but it does lessen so much and you will start to remember the good times you had.
Its obvious how much you loved Knox and you made the painful but right choice to put his needs above yours. That is true love, putting someone before yourself even though you know it will hurt you. That is how much Knox meant to you and that is what you should remember. You gave him the ultimate gift of taking his pain away. Remember that, the day will come where you think of him and dont cry. It might take a while but it will happen. It took me several years when I lost my lab I had for sixteen years. Its only in the last few years that I can speak her name without tears coming. You will get there, remember there are no rules on grief. You have lost someone you love, of course it will hurt but after this pain there will come laughter again when you remember the happy times you shared. X (ps now I'm crying at my desk in work too!)
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by JStaff Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:04

I think it is different for everyone but I still miss each of my dogs that have passed. My wife cried for quite awhile when Betty died and I was mostly okay in about 2 days. I think the fact that I have dealt with so much loss in life that was the difference in time.
JStaff
JStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by VikkiGT4 Thu Sep 03 2015, 15:44

I don't think I've cried this much over the humans I've lost Sad
VikkiGT4
VikkiGT4

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Thu Sep 03 2015, 16:24

No hen we all act and feel differently all takes time i feel for u hen i really do i hope in time your pain eases hugs from me and mia

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

When will it stop? B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Thu Sep 03 2015, 21:00

When will it stop? 3198918699 to you Vikki, Knox wasn't just a dog he was your baby & a big part of your life Love Struck Love Struck Love Struck I don't even want to think about that day with Katy Crying or Very sad

When will it stop? B110
Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by BB81383 Fri Sep 04 2015, 00:15

There is no time limit, truthfully. I still cry over my loss it was much like yours but I know in my heart we did the right thing because he had gotten so sick and there was nothing we could no longer do for him. It hurt then, it hurts now and likely will always hurt. My heart goes out to you and again I am sorry. HUGS!
BB81383
BB81383
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 7 Months
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieStaff Fri Sep 04 2015, 02:23

XOXOXO
AussieStaff
AussieStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Koda
Dog(s) Ages : 15/10/13
Support total : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by markrobo Fri Sep 04 2015, 06:19

It's not just a dog they are family members which we love so dearly they say times a healer but how long does it take never there are always there were ever you go just think of the treasured times you had its heart braking thinking of you all x.
markrobo
markrobo

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : beau
Dog(s) Ages : 12 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by VikkiGT4 Fri Sep 04 2015, 08:28

XOXOX to all x
VikkiGT4
VikkiGT4

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Fri Sep 04 2015, 20:18

Sad I saw a lady talking on itv a few mornings ago at work, saying that she mourned her dog for a year. Everybody grieves differently, I can't even imagine how I'd cope with losing Bug, but I think Sheila is going through something similar with the loss of her Stella.

Perhaps working through some of your feelings with a counsellor may be helpful to you?
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by shegsy Sat Sep 05 2015, 16:13

Vikki,  I totally understand how you feel and would just like to tell you how I coped with the overwhelming feelings I had.
The first 3 months after Stella was put to sleep were the worst.  I just totally missed her being around me and wanted to just feel her, touch her, stroke her.  I cried a great deal whenever I thought about her and eventually hid this from my husband as I could see this was causing tension.  I found it hard to see him acting somewhat normal and worried that I wasn't  getting better.
We were able to sort that problem out however by being more open with each other and understanding that we are all different and each person needs their own time to grieve.

I am retired and I did keep busy in the house with renovations, redecorating etc but found myself  still crying, thinking about her.  So, what I needed to do was to completely engage my brain in something else and found reading a good interesting book helped,  a book that I couldn't put down stopped me thinking and crying.

I went to see my doctor after six months about another matter and he helped me enormously.  I suffer from depression and realising this was part of my problem was a big stepping stone for me in dealing with grief.  We all need our own time.
I was advised to not visit her "spot" where we laid some of her ashes, as much  (I was going nearly every day, bloody stupid really as we have some of her ashes at home)

As the year progressed,  I constantly looked back and thought   "at this time last year, she was....."   remembering the start of her illness, her bad days,  her vet visits etc
But now the year has passed, I can honestly say I feel much better.  I've had a good holiday and the pain has definitely eased.   You may feel better earlier than the time it's taken me, or longer,  it doesn't matter.  I think that the lady Rachel saw on tv could have been me. Shame I missed it

You know what I feel Vikki?  Our love of animals comes from hoping they understand all that we do for them is because we love them so much.  

Knox was deeply loved, as was Stella and both will have known that and that's all that matters.
Take care Vikki, you are not alone xx
shegsy
shegsy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella RIP angel
Dog(s) Ages : 04/2001 - 08/2014
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 328

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Sat Sep 05 2015, 21:51

10 weeks really isn't very long Vikki, we all grieve differently. Sheila's post above is perhaps the best thing to help you though I'm sure you'll find your own way of moving forward.

I know from experience that suddenly the grief recedes and are replaced with memories, good memories. That time will come and you won't even realise it When will it stop? 3198918699

When will it stop? B110
-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieStaff Sun Sep 06 2015, 10:27

You ladies have made me shed a tear reading the above, my heart truly goes out to you both. I know this is a different scenario but I lost my Mum start of last year and I can cry at the drop of a hat over her, I know I would be 100% the same if/when I lost/lose Koda, he truly is the love of my life as is evident Knox and Stella is for you both. What helped me get through was when someone told me grief has no time limit, I was being far too hard on myself thinking I should be 'over it' by now, I am 18 months further down the track now but will never be over it, in time it will get a little easier but it's vital you allow yourself to cry & release when you need to, your body knows best. I am sending you both big hugs, they may not seem much but they are from the heart. We are all here for you, any time xoxo
AussieStaff
AussieStaff

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Koda
Dog(s) Ages : 15/10/13
Support total : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun Sep 06 2015, 22:10

when my guys pass i will be a basket case i now that for sure. how long it takes to get over them...never
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by VikkiGT4 Mon Sep 07 2015, 09:25

Thanks all. Still in bits and reading these messages makes me worse and better all at the same time!

Sheila I'm so sorry for your loss hun Sad

Big hugs to all xx
VikkiGT4
VikkiGT4

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyrimpler Wed Sep 09 2015, 21:17

i miss my old dogs and think of them EVERY DAY. i love them dearly, and they will be in my heart until the day i die...I can't think of them for more than 10 seconds without getting teary....they've been gone for 15 years..
You WILL get over your loss, and you will always have a special place in your heart just for Knox...The love will never die and you will be left with warm, loving and happy memories..It just takes time..for me, I'll be honest, it was a gradual process for a couple of years...and i 100% agree with you about the dog vs human remark...I loved my staffies MORE then almost any other human ive ever known, and this is a shocking thing to say, but it hurt more when they died, than when my own mother died.
funkyrimpler
funkyrimpler
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Spike/Spud/Spudley/Potato
Dog(s) Ages : 11 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by VikkiGT4 Thu Sep 10 2015, 11:57

Thanks for your kind words Si. I just hate getting sad thinking about him. I want to be able to look back and think of all the happy times we spent together and smile and laugh about it. Sometimes this happens and then I feel so so so bad about laughing about our times together. i can't speak to people about him without my voice going wobbly or tears in my eyes (which is what is happening right now).

I think what makes it worse is that I HAD to make that decision to have my put to sleep and he didn't just die of old age or natural causes. I will never have another dog 1. because they won't be him, he had such a human personality, indivdual! and 2, because I couldn't risk putting myself through the heartache again. All I've had is people telling me to "get another dog", he wasn't just a dog to me, he was my everything x
VikkiGT4
VikkiGT4

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by markrobo Fri Sep 11 2015, 07:43

This happened to me and my family our max was 15 years old so time had come to do the right thing all he was doing was sleeping and his poor eyes (upset now thinking of him ) we knew it was time to have him put down the bloody hardest thing we've had to do in our lives walking out that vets with his lead and collar so upset writing this .well we have a picture of max on our wall and look at him every day this gives us comfort thinking of all the great times we all shared with him .then we had beau witch we adore completely different to max but love all the same.
markrobo
markrobo

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : beau
Dog(s) Ages : 12 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by Inez Maria Fri Sep 11 2015, 19:56

Oh Vikki sounds normal hun as others have said we are all different, and yes can understand why you lost it just take yer time hun xx

When will it stop? B110
Inez Maria
Inez Maria

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Vinnie
Dog(s) Ages : 11/08/2011
Support total : 2596

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Fri Sep 11 2015, 20:25

To me only a non dog owner or never owned animal would say get another dog , well.. If anyone ever says to me you'll get another dog ill probably knock them into next week all takes time vikki take your time hen.

When will it stop? B310
Mia05
Mia05

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyrimpler Fri Sep 11 2015, 22:11

Vikki, i've read through these posts again and, as per usual i'm welling up thinking about what you're going through and remembering my old four legged friends....i ache for those dogs, i really do....
In fact, for years i debated about getting another play mate...over 10 years..and i've even had a few teary moments with my puppy when he reminds me of things that my other dogs used to do, facial expressions, noises..anything...
If my dearly departed Staffs walked into the room this very second, it would be the most natural, wonderful thing in the world....sometimes, i would give anything to just hold them in my arms one last time. and have a sniff of their heads and give them a kiss....
You may feel like you could never have another dog because the pain of loss is far too great...your beautiful Knox IS irreplaceable, and if you decided to have another dog, then hopefully that would be the start of another love story..
For now, i wouldn't worry about how you feel, or even think about getting or not getting another pet...just let your emotions work through their process.
One of my friends had a Doberman..She passed away 10 years ago, and he still keeps her collar in the door of his car, and her photo is in the living room with the other family photographs...When i was deliberating about buying my little man he started reminiscing about her and sure enough, he ended up choking back the tears...We're all the same..

A final thought Vikki: Remember that for as long as you live, Knox will never truly die. He will always remain with you, in your heart and in your thoughts. Time can never erase the love you feel for him.

All the best
xx

(you can always have a cuddle of my little Spudleybug if it helps...but he'll probably nip you and steal your slippers!)
x
funkyrimpler
funkyrimpler

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Spike/Spud/Spudley/Potato
Dog(s) Ages : 11 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Niffer Sat Sep 12 2015, 22:16

OMG I know exactly what you're going through. I still cry over my beloved Bree who was put to sleep 2 years ago and although I adopted Milo 2 weeks after I lost her and who I love to bits I still miss her and always will. I constantly cried like you too at first over the slightest thing, even certain music would set me off but it does get less although having read your post just now set me off again. It will gradually get easier but I don't think it ever goes away. Having Milo has definitely helped bless him.
Niffer
Niffer

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo aka Michaelangelo
Dog(s) Ages : 14/09/2013
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 50

Back to top Go down