people and other dogs

+2
Sazzle
sligostaff
6 posters

Go down

people and other dogs Empty people and other dogs

Post by sligostaff Sun Oct 06 2013, 16:15

I love going for walks with jesse..we live in a small town in west of ireland nice woods and rivers beside us..but when im out walk two things make me mad..dog laws in ireland are very relaxed alot of people with dogs off the leads the other day a owner with a jap akita witn control over dog and no lead the dog wasnt friendly to my dog and all most attacked my dog which is only 5months..then you also have the other extreme were people pick theyre small dog and give a look cause your dog is a staff even do its a pup..also today i went to a park and there was labador with no owner it wasnt to friendly..why do people let there dogs out and close the door is unreal..anyway what do ye guys do when a dog is aggresive to your dog? My dog has be very good with other dogs wants play or sniff...thanks guys

sligostaff
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

people and other dogs Empty Re: people and other dogs

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 16:37

People are so irresponsible, its happened to us a couple of times and I do politely tell people to keep their dog on a lead! Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 16:39

Aww unfortunately we as Stafford owners have to put up with ignorance from other pet owners Sad as with other maybe aggressive dogs or any dog I always as them to put their dog on lead I have even shouted really loudly when people don't listen :roll:because darcy can be a bit unpredictable when approached by an off lead dog if she's on lead. That way I can allow them to meet on lead. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Oct 06 2013, 16:45

Yeah unfortunately a lot of irresponsible owners out there :-(
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Shontelle Sun Oct 06 2013, 18:49

My problem is that it's always the small yappies that snap and growl at Charlie and then it's me that gets a mouthful if Charlie growls back! As a result of this, Charlie is now aggressive with small dogs and can't be let off the lead around them. He loves big dogs but really won't tolerate little ones and I can't say I blame him! If a dog comes up to Charlie when he's on the lead and under control and goes for him, the owner gets a lecture from me about being responsible and they're told that they're lucky my dog is so well behaved and under control or theirs would be ripped to shreds.
Shontelle
Shontelle
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 18:59

Yes, too many irresponsible owners out there. I usually call for others to put their dogs on lead - one day a woman gave me a mouthful for having dogs ON lead in a public park (it's actually illegal here to have them OFF lead in a public park). People are rather odd!

Back to top Go down

Post by sligostaff Sun Oct 06 2013, 20:06

Ya its unreal here people out running with there dogs ..or on bikes..no leads..and these small dogs as shontelle says they have no manners lol...but it kind of worry me more to see dogs on their own mostly labador let to roam on their own these dogs are not friendly to jesse ..what do you if they go and attack your dog? I know people would be up set if i let jesse out on its own in a few months time..

sligostaff

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun Oct 06 2013, 21:44

Get the same mate. When my two get a scent its like walking two jet skies on a lead. And I can imagine how it looks to people walking our way even though im smiling away while reasuring them its deer that they are after. When in hunt mode they both ignore humans and dogs alike so I have no worries on that front its just about looks.  Thankfully you meet the people in the know too esp this time of year when all fluffykins gets is a walk down the road and out in the woods are the real dog owners. My only concern about off lead dogs approaching is that marley is a * sure lil git and will stand his ground no matter what while laska doesnt know meaning of danger so she goes wading in batting and expecting play which freaks some dogs out when confronted by both of them. Notice how I say some... two westies for whatever reason put the fear of god into my two last night and they both hid behind me... we have met them before, they werent being agressive or yappy just came running up together lol
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by debtom Mon Oct 07 2013, 14:28

I have two sayings for those small minded people. The ones who little dogs are yappie and snapping at Caley I make a loud of enough comment to Caley saying "Don't worry Caley they have small dog syndrome" loud enough for owners to hear and for the owners who pull their dogs away or pick them up I say "Oh I'm sorry, is your dog dangerous then as mine is perfectly fine" This is all done with a big smile on my face. Big Grin 
debtom
debtom
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
people and other dogs Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Caley
Dog(s) Ages : Born 2 April 2012
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Mon Oct 07 2013, 15:56

Katy has never been an aggressive dog, but just lately if( some small excuse for a dog) has a go at her she will retaliate aggressively. They are usually off lead or on one of those extension types where you have no control Rolling Eyes  I don't blame her she never starts it, but if we meet another of the same breed her hackles go up & the growling starts. She is told off immediately & pulled away, I don't want her getting a bad name Smile 

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

people and other dogs B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down