Why people are careless with their dogs????

+13
stella
BetsyBoo
Kathy
Mark
archielaws
shazney
harlou
rebeccaleanne
Taryn
DragonTheStaffie
janey
pongy
jola139
17 posters

Go down

Why people are careless with their dogs???? Empty Why people are careless with their dogs????

Post by jola139 Wed Jan 23 2013, 21:49

It's been with me all day so I had to write about it. We took Debo for a wallk today. We wre walking on green path ,between to road lanes,heading toward bigish roundabout. Debo on the lead. We heard a women shouting " Come here,stay". And then we saw it. Lovely blue staffy,maybe 2yrs old, running across the road. Women after him ,still shouting. We stoped,hoping for the staffy not to spot Debo : a) we don't know that dog; b) there was another road he was about run across. But it was to late. He saw us and with waggly tail run acroos to meet us . Few drives had to stop for him. My OH handed me Debo and started to talke to the dog calmly,slowly approched him and grap his harness to prevent him from further running ( didn't really think about what could have happen if the staffy wasn't friendly). And then the women came,saying " Oh,that silly dog ,he never listens."
DON'T LET HIM OFF THE LEAD THEN,YOU STUPID COW!!!!!!!
jola139
jola139
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Why people are careless with their dogs???? Empty Re: Why people are careless with their dogs????

Post by pongy Wed Jan 23 2013, 21:52

ere ere silly cow, well done your oh for total faith in the staffy breed, and a lesson to those that say my dog won't run off, you just never know
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Why people are careless with their dogs???? Empty Re: Why people are careless with their dogs????

Post by janey Wed Jan 23 2013, 21:55

Makes you wonder! I was in the pub garden a few days ago and this lovely staff pup comes bounding in, followed by the mum, 'can you grab my dog, the kids are in the car', it had run over a very busy, blind road.

Be carefull!!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Wed Jan 23 2013, 22:00

Yea it's silly if they know their dog does not listen then why let it off the lead like that, the other day I was at the park with my boy and I saw a women shouting for her dog because it had ran away and she didn't know where it was, after ages the dog came and yet she still didn't put her dog on the lead, makes me wonder if she cares about her dog running away really... if he did it before why not put it on the lead to stop him from running away again... thinking
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Dragon
Dog(s) Ages : DOB - 25-12-2010
Support total : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23 2013, 22:03

Insane. I don't get how anyone walks their dogs on streets, even if they're perfect. You never know when something might happen suddenly. Loki's recall is great again, but I don't trust him at all around dogs or people...I'd be mortified if he ran over to someone Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Wed Jan 23 2013, 22:10

never... in a million years would i let romeo off lead near any roads. in forests and yards... thats it. where i can se everything, where i can see other dogs and where i know he's not going to get hit bty a damn car or attacked by another dog or go and annoy some one.
stupid people
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Wed Jan 23 2013, 22:37

jola139 wrote:It's been with me all day so I had to write about it. We took Debo for a wallk today. We wre walking on green path ,between to road lanes,heading toward bigish roundabout. Debo on the lead. We heard a women shouting " Come here,stay". And then we saw it. Lovely blue staffy,maybe 2yrs old, running across the road. Women after him ,still shouting. We stoped,hoping for the staffy not to spot Debo : a) we don't know that dog; b) there was another road he was about run across. But it was to late. He saw us and with waggly tail run acroos to meet us . Few drives had to stop for him. My OH handed me Debo and started to talke to the dog calmly,slowly approched him and grap his harness to prevent him from further running ( didn't really think about what could have happen if the staffy wasn't friendly). And then the women came,saying " Oh,that silly dog ,he never listens."
DON'T LET HIM OFF THE LEAD THEN,YOU STUPID COW!!!!!!!

Jesus!!!!!!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:04

Olly is stupid he sees another dog and off he goes hes been bitten a couple of times once quite badly by another staffy he just woofed ,so no more off the lead unless we know the dog .
harlou
harlou
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Why people are careless with their dogs???? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by shazney Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:16

That is one of my pet hates, I am dreading it happening when Bruno can go on walks....what a damn simpleton grrrrrr
shazney
shazney
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Why people are careless with their dogs???? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 10 wks
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by archielaws Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:21

Idiots! well done your OH. dont worry about grabbing hold of a stafford you dont know, I've never met an unfriendly one to this day!
archielaws
archielaws
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : archie
Dog(s) Ages : march 2011
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:44

we get the same wherever we walk our two. Last night ours were both on leads walking on a path and an elderley couple were coming towards us with 3 dogs off lead. We give way to let them pass and one of their yorkie terrors tried to sink its teeth into Dylan. They never said a word and did not even say thanks for letting them past. Charming angry
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jan 24 2013, 19:34

I would not even dream of letting a dog off the lead anywhere near a road, Rocky had a good run this afternoon in our little private spot for off lead running and he had a great time. Would always keep him on the lead on a path and near cars.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24 2013, 20:25

you just can't account for the intelligence level of some people

Back to top Go down

Post by BetsyBoo Thu Jan 24 2013, 20:25

Gggggggrrrrrrw! Yes this one really gets my goat! I just wouldn't do it. Even if you had absolute certainty that your dog wouldn't run which frankly isn't possible, you have to think about other dogs, people they may come across that don't like it! So irresponsible!!

Round my way quite a few staffies have got run over cos of course they are terriers and owners think they don't needs leads-mmmmmmm.

On the plus side good that Debo and all ok. Fortunate your OH was there.
BetsyBoo
BetsyBoo
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Betsy
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Thu Jan 24 2013, 20:33

have some people got no common sense angry
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Thu Jan 24 2013, 21:11

To get to us he had to cross, 3 roads( it was roundabout) that looked scary. And yes I'm glad my OH was there,with Debo still jumping on other dogs to play and sometimes him being jealous,it could be fun. I would never let him off the lead near roads ,it could be anything that get his attention. I would never forgive myself.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cheeky angel kim Fri Jan 25 2013, 15:02

he so lucky the cars were able to stop and he was not hurt she should be calling herself stupid not the dog poor little guy
cheeky angel kim
cheeky angel kim

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : rocky & missy
Dog(s) Ages : 13 months & 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : male / female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by crystel Fri Jan 25 2013, 15:14

I do agree with everything you have all said about this i have posted twice about two gorgeous staffies cut down in their prime both got run over because they were off the leads near roads i see it all the time where i live, and sometimes can,t help myself and i say something too the owner and you always get the same response my dog won,t run off....!!! no one can be a 100% sure of their dog anything can happen too spook the most well trained dog, but i am actually see this post from a differnent point off view due too my naughty 1yr old Ava, i have owned staffies for nearly 25yrs and i am very experienced with them, i would never let my dogs off the leads too run until we are on the field which i run them off in,but Ava who has a 100% recall most of the times has suddenly developed the urge too run up too everyone she sees...!!! and suddenly she becomes deaf i try too have eyes in the back of my head and put her back on the lead as soon as i spot someone, and i am doing distraction recall training with her now, but i am sure these people must see me as an irresponsible owner which i am not, but dogs can have a mind of their own sometimes!!!
Its so frustrating because i take her too an inclosed place so i can let her off too get her run.
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 7yrs and 1yr
Dog Gender(s) : females
Support total : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Fri Jan 25 2013, 15:23

I know what you saying, Debo is the same. But with that scenario the dog was running in front of her,he didn't see us until he crossed the second road and his owner was walking with smile on her face to get him. I would run like mad a cross the roundabout.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Jan 25 2013, 15:24

I am sure others will agree, but there is a world of difference in running upto people in a enclosed space and over busy main roads, you cannot compare yourself to the initial post, i have not owned a Cassie for long but i learnt very quickly how stubborn she can be and if she wants something/someone then a fight we shall have, and i don't feel like an irresponsible owner just a bullied one lol
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by crystel Fri Jan 25 2013, 15:36

Oh i know there is a world of difference in my problem and these idiots that walk down the road with their dogs off the lead that makes my blood boil, but my concern is that ava could run towards a road, i guess in the bigger picture with all the negative press its a nice problem too have that my girl is over friendly lol Smile
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by crystel Fri Jan 25 2013, 15:37

jola139 wrote:I know what you saying, Debo is the same. But with that scenario the dog was running in front of her,he didn't see us until he crossed the second road and his owner was walking with smile on her face to get him. I would run like mad a cross the roundabout.
Oh me too when Ava has managed too run ff am charging behind her like a mad woman lol some people shouldn,t be allowed too have dogs.
By the way your dog is gorgeous such a beautiful face Love Struck
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Fri Jan 25 2013, 15:53

We were talking with a guy the other day he owns a six month old x breed , it came bounding over of the lead to us and Duke and was friendly enough, we let them say hello and thanked the guy then we walked on , twenty mins later we bump into him again only this time no dog , the guy is out of breath and asked have you seen him we hadn't , seems the dog was not good on re call he had seen another dog across a field and raced off .

The guy was now besides himself and said his wife would kill him if he didn't find him, we offered to help and turned back towards a playing field close by as we got there his dog was following a guy and another dog , it was the dog the guys dog had seen and chased , thankfully they were re united , but a lesson was hopefully learned, don't let your dog of the lead until you are sure he has complete re call .
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Jan 25 2013, 16:06

mickgill wrote:

The guy was now besides himself and said his wife would kill him if he didn't find him, we offered to help and turned back towards a playing field close by as we got there his dog was following a guy and another dog , it was the dog the guys dog had seen and chased , thankfully they were re united , but a lesson was hopefully learned, don't let your dog of the lead until you are sure he has complete re call .

I can only imagine how i would feel if Cassie did that to me , like you say hopefully learnt his lesson (not scared of the wife tho liar Big Grin )
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Fri Jan 25 2013, 16:18

That's the worst scenario ever! Debo's getting better with his recall , he doesn't care about people( if they don't look or smile at him) and getting better with dogs in distance. But I have get his attention straight away,one second late,well he can't wait that long for a command. That's why have to be 10 steps a head. Thanks Crystel,your dogs are lovely too.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Fri Jan 25 2013, 17:15

Have to admit I have a real problem with off-lead dogs near roads.

I've had several run across roads to say hello to my fosters, and usually get some dirty stare from the owner when they finally catch up like it's my fault their dog is off lead.

Don't know why people don't use common sense.
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down