Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner.

+10
Jay
rescuestaffords
stella
Sazzle
dave g
Mandz
janey
Kathy
Maria90
EverlastingGodstopper
14 posters

Go down

Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Empty Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner.

Post by EverlastingGodstopper Tue Jul 09 2013, 14:10

Ello all,

I'd like to introduce Matilda, our little rescue girl. She's coming up to ten months today.

My OH and I read about Matilda, and her sister Maggie, in the news: both were abandoned, in Bootle park, in a bucket of chemicals (one bleach, others unidentified) that had sadly burned off all their fur and damaged their eyesight. This is how their story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2228683/How-Puppies-Maggie-Matilda-left-blinded-doused-chemicals-abandoned-park.html

And this is how Matilda looked at first:

Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Article-2228683-15E01867000005DC-574_634x554_zps4bcc6b6d

Matilda (in the blue jumper):

Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Staff-pups-sweaters

We went to meet them, and well, what are you going to do? We have the time / resources, and chose Matilda as she was slightly less boisterous, which complimented our existing Border Terrier's temperament.

This was her first night home back in Dec.

Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. IMG_1294_zpsefaa6b6d

Since then, she has been on her holidays, goes to obedience classes, and is doing well. When we took her to a dog show, she won Best Rescue, 2nd Best Puppy, and Best in Show - this was in May and we're still working our way through all the treats she won! Her collection can be seen here:

Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Matilawinningstuff_zpsdd564013

And this is what she looks like these days:

Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Matildayawning_zps12eb9e23

Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Matildawasp_zps1f4c9433

Our suspicion is that she and Maggie stumbled into the bucket by accident (household cleaning ?), and once the 'owners' (and I use this word loosely) realized no money was to be made from injured pups, they were simply abandoned. But you know what? They did them both a favor. As I type, Matilda is running around the garden with Scrabble (our BT), in and out of the paddling pool, zooming through the agility tunnel, and generally being a mad, little, loveable thing.

Hope to see lots of Staffies on here, and learn a little more Smile

P.S. She won Best Puppy at our local RSPCA fair this weekend too Smile

EverlastingGodstopper
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Empty Re: Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09 2013, 14:13

Hi & Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Icon_arrow Make a Donation to help us to keep improving our forum and website.

Back to top Go down

Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Empty Re: Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner.

Post by Maria90 Tue Jul 09 2013, 14:13

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and I, firstly im so happy to hear that you rescued Matilda, she seems like an amazing girl and clearly you have been a great impact on her life. So horrible what she has been through but she is looking as beautiful as ever! Such a gorgeous girl she is Smile She is doing fantastic in all her shows, she sounds like a little star! Looking forward to hearing more about her Smile
Maria90
Maria90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09 2013, 14:14

Aww hey Matilda you ill beauty Love Struck I remember her story well!!! Crying or Very sad I'm so happy she's found a loving forever home, welcome to the forum from Darcy & me Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jul 09 2013, 14:22

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.

I think I remember this story too, well done for rescuing and Matilda looks so healthy now.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jul 09 2013, 14:28

Thats so sad, how could anyone do that Sad

But look at her now, well done you! Hiya from me and Moo Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by EverlastingGodstopper Tue Jul 09 2013, 14:43

It does astound me, but it is perhaps testament to dog's characters that they can come through this and still be loving - Matilda has a right old tantrum if she can't cuddle / be on our lap / dive into bed Laughing 

EverlastingGodstopper

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandz Tue Jul 09 2013, 15:06

What an amazing story and an amazing Matilda!! She's gorgeous!!
Mandz
Mandz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Frankie
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09 2013, 15:30

Hello and welcome to the forum Smile

Well done on the rescue, youve done fantastic with her! She looks brilliant now!

Nikita & Shéara

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09 2013, 16:54

What a sad story, but a very happy ending for Matilda. Well done you on rescuing her and giving her a loving forever home. She is a beauty.Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Tue Jul 09 2013, 17:25

welcome Big Grin 
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Tue Jul 09 2013, 17:57

I love a happy ending :-) hello and welcome from
me and daisy :-)
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09 2013, 18:59

Hello and welcome to the orum rom me and the kids , It's horriying how some people can call themselves owners and act like this Sad Anyway fantastic job on the rescue , Matilda is a little beauty Love Struck  Do you know what happened to Maggie ??

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:12

hia from me and sasha Smile 
well done you on doing such a brilliant job with her,she's gorgeous,how could people do this sort of thing angry 
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by rescuestaffords Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:32

Does she have any issues with her sight? She is beautiful and looks like she has a wonderful, loving home.

rescuestaffords
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Introducing Matilda, our rescue girl - 1st time Staffy owner. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:36

Wow what a cutie and great work on the rescue, there are some cruel people around
Jay
Jay

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 29 Weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by EverlastingGodstopper Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:54

Hiya,

Maggie was adopted by a local couple. We are planning a playdate for them both over the summer Smile

Matilda has about 70-80% sight. She has some scarring which is in her line of sight. We *think* she doesn't see details (biscuits just bounce off her head!) but can get around fine - she's never bashed into anything and on a daily basis, we really don't notice it. Occasionally, her eyes get a little red requiring eye drops, but nothing major. Pretty amazing for the little dog that was considered to be PTS, and then they thought she would lose an eye ... but she's proved everyone wrong and we couldn't be more proud of her Smile

EverlastingGodstopper

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Jul 09 2013, 21:24

Hi and welcome from me and the furballs Big Grin
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09 2013, 21:47

Hi from me and the girlies bounce I remember the article well done star star 

Back to top Go down

Post by otisthestafford Tue Jul 09 2013, 22:33

Hello and welcome to the forum Smile Matilda is gorgeous and how could anyone dream of abandoning them - I will never understand, thank goodness has you Smile
otisthestafford
otisthestafford

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Otis
Dog(s) Ages : 22.09.2012
Support total : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Wed Jul 10 2013, 08:56

Hello and welcome from me and Pixee. That brought a tear to my eyes. Well done you. Keep the photos coming Big Grin 
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by VikkiGT4 Wed Jul 10 2013, 09:54

Hi and welcome to the forum from me and the zoo Smile xx
VikkiGT4
VikkiGT4
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Knox (RIP baby boy <3)
Support total : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down