Weight control on a raw diet

Go down

Weight control on a raw diet Empty Weight control on a raw diet

Post by brutusindubai Tue Jun 04 2013, 12:46

Brutus had a weigh in today at the vets just before he had his vaccinations and tipped the scales at 18.05kgs. He doesn't look fat, but a couple of people commented on him looking a bit chunky round the waist. After I controlled myself and didn't reply with "so do you", I started to think maybe he could loose a little weight. I have based his raw diet on an adult weight of 18kgs, same as his dad. So he gets about 500g of food and a few training treats each day. In terms of exercise, it's getting really hot now, average of 39-41 Celsius per day so we walk early morning and late afternoon for 30 min sessions.

With regards to him loosing a few kegs, are there any raw meats that are high in fats and should be fed less? Also, in terms of him dropping a little weight, is it just a matter of decreasing his food intake?

Cheers
brutusindubai
brutusindubai
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Brutus
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year, woo hoo
Dog Gender(s) : Dog
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Weight control on a raw diet Empty Re: Weight control on a raw diet

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04 2013, 12:49

Look at it this way, alot of people oversees on raw as the portion can look tiny!

My chance just short of 50kg only eats 1% of his body weight a day to maintain his weight that I'm happy with whereas Harvey eats about 3% so essentially they get about the same amount of food

I'd cut his food down and up exercise if you want him to lose any Smile

Back to top Go down