yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref

4 posters

Go down

yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref Empty yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref

Post by max the staffie Tue Aug 21 2012, 02:11

Hello I have an adorable stafford that now has a yeast infection on one back foot we have been to the vet and in the 5minutes we was there got antibiotics and vet shampoo I've since also brought pure coconut oil , vet collar , pro biotics and now want to change his diet to as natural as possible within a tight budget I'm lucky to have a very good butchers that gives me as many bones as I want but always being told of the risks I rarely fetch him some but now I've learnt bones are the best and important to a degree ( I don't want to sound like I know it all as I really don't but I have been reading up on this ) so now I want to start a raw meat diet but before I start it i want to fully understand how to balance the meals the best produce to use for as cheap as possible.

Max just turned 4 he is between 20 - 22kg long leg Stafford any infomation would be great I really dont know much about this as always been told not to feed raw meats or cetain bones ( chicken ) but it seems there really good for dogs I've read about the benefits but I just want him to have a healthy immune system to fix the yeast infection.

Right now his foot looks really bad to me puffed up really red and now 2 or 3 sores from him licking it and his lips are starting to go pink we are booked back into the vets and I'm not looking to bypass the vet but I want to fully understand what is going on since the vet gave antibiotics but I read that's the last thing they should have done so my faith is low in my vet and I would like to understand the infection to ask questions with the vet instead of not getting any info for instance I had to go back to the vet for doseage requirements because I wantnt told and the pills didn't even have a box just an envelope.

I am sorry this is a mish mash of words I'm new to forums and this is going around my head a million mph I'm happy to anwser any questions I just want my mate healthy again I love him so much he doesn't seem in pain but that doesn't matter I want him as happy as he always has been.

Thank you for reading.

max the staffie
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref Empty Re: yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21 2012, 03:47

Hi & yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref Icon_arrow Make a Donation to help us to keep improving our forum and website.

Back to top Go down

yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref Empty Re: yeast infected dog now needs complete diet change raw meat diet pref

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21 2012, 03:49

Hi and welcome from us and Suki. Here is a link on feeding raw that should help get you started.

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t14787-raw-diet?highlight=raw+diet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21 2012, 10:42

Hi & Welcome to the forum >Big Grin<

This forum has a quiet a few members now who feed RAW and will be able to answer any questions you may have.
Here are another couple of posts you could have a look at

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t19197-what-s-in-the-bowl-today-graphic-photos-raw?highlight=whats+in+the+bowl

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t22258-a-delivery-of-raw-food

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Aug 24 2012, 15:57

buying raw in bulk works out very cheap. I buy about a months worth of food at one time and it costs around £30 to feed two dogs. Where do you live there are some good raw food delivery companys if you have storage.
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24 2012, 15:58

Sorry I have no experience to offer but hope you find what you need here Big Grin

Hello and welcome to the forum from me and the kids Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 24 2012, 17:14

Hiya and welcome from me and Moo, can't help but great advise already given Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24 2012, 17:18

If yeast is the problem then apple cider vinegar would be a great addition to their diet, either put it over their food or add to their water (in appropriate amounts) make sure it's the unpasterised stuff.

You can also make a 50:50 water to ACV and spray it on the worst areas i.e the foot as it kills yeast infections.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Aug 24 2012, 20:09

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.

Great advice given above.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by max the staffie Thu Sep 20 2012, 21:03

Thank you very much everyone sorry for the length of time its taken me to update but I've had internet issues and then I didn't have a clue how to find my topics I found it by going to profile the topics being watched if there's an easier way please share.

So max his paw is much much better now still reddish pink but absolutely no swelling like it was when I posted here. We been back and forth to the vets and its managable but doesn't seem to want to fully disappear but with the diet Change and colder weather coming I can see an end to this and work hard towards prevention next summer.

His lips are starting to go pinkish now too so I've been applying some of the bath water after bathing him cos the bottle says not to use it on his face so I thought bath water with the shampoo might be ok or might not do anything good either but our next appointment will focus on that. I know this can take awhile but I wish it would be gone but there's no magical cures I'm going to keep up what I've been doing since I know its definitely helping I just it was faster.

I will be looking into the delivery service 3o pounds a month sounds great as when this is over were going to be getting max a friend cos stress could have helped cause it since he's always had a doggie companion and now I catch him staring at a wall sometimes so we'd like another dog as much as I would love to raise my own pup my family has mostly had rescue's so I will think hard but I have awhile yet I wouldn't risk 2 dogs with this problemi will try to upload pictures of before during and after of the foot as I've took pictures to help me see signs of improvment.

Thank you to everyone welcoming us to a fantastic forum.
Kev

max the staffie

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 20 2012, 21:09

Glad things aren't as bad as they were. Did you try the apple cider vinegar?

I don't know where you are, but there are several companies that will deliver raw food to your doorstep - Durham Animal Feeds is one, but there are others (I'm sure someone will be on soon to add to that). You'll need a bit of freezer space, though! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down