Asked what Manny is crossed with again!!!

+5
Steveb
Jenc
Kathy
janey
Aly657
9 posters

Go down

Asked what Manny is crossed with again!!! Empty Asked what Manny is crossed with again!!!

Post by Aly657 Thu May 02 2013, 20:07

a heating engineer came today to service the boiler, was smoothing manny, then said" I can see he's got staffy in him, but what is he crossed with to keep him so small!!! "
I said, he's pure bred staffy, to which he replied, well, I've never seen one like that before!! I know Manny is the correct size for the breed, and his age, it just really is getting me down
When people don't recognise a breed standard staffordshire bull terrier these days!!! I first loved staffies about 20 years ago, when almost all of them were bred to standard, please don't get me wrong, I don't think there anything wrong with larger fur babies, just wish people would not keep on about my lad

Aly657
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Asked what Manny is crossed with again!!! Empty Re: Asked what Manny is crossed with again!!!

Post by janey Thu May 02 2013, 20:12

Bless I think it can be difficult for most, so many staffy rescues now days Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Asked what Manny is crossed with again!!! Empty Re: Asked what Manny is crossed with again!!!

Post by Kathy Thu May 02 2013, 20:14

There are probably a lot of people that wouldn't recognise a breed standard Staffy, the general public get so used to seeing them crossed with many other dogs.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 02 2013, 20:23

It's common to hear.

If you upload a pic it would be nice to see him Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Thu May 02 2013, 21:13

Don't worry about it, i'm always asked what Katy is crossed with but she's pure. But then some numpty asked me if she was a boxer Laughing People have no idea sometimes !!!!!

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Asked what Manny is crossed with again!!! B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveb Thu May 02 2013, 21:34

I wouldn't worry about it Smile When Bella was about a year old someone asked us if she was a border terrier confused

Steveb
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 02 2013, 21:58

Try not to let it bother you Smile we'd love to see some pics Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu May 02 2013, 22:24

I can see why you get annoyed, like you say it's just because there's so many crosses out there, a lot of people actually don't know what a pure staff looks like.
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 02 2013, 22:31

Try not to let it get you down.

When Dempsey was a pup people thought he was a large Jack Russell! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Thu May 02 2013, 22:47

Some people don't have a clue, don't take it to heart, we laugh at people now... the best one we heard was at a dog show... by a vet who said "and this is Rolo, obviously a chocolate labrador pup". You know what your dog is, so do your family and friends, Give him a hug, other peoples opinions often don't matter Smile
kelpie
kelpie
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Asked what Manny is crossed with again!!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 03 2013, 05:28

I understand your frustration, there are more and more crosses and badly bred Staffs so much that big ones are the norm. Loki's a cross and is a bit bigger than a normal Staff, so when we come across one that is (from what I can tell) to standard, it reminds me just how small they actually are meant to be. Try not to let it bother you anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 03 2013, 11:54

Agree with what other people have said Smile There's so many crosses these days and people don't really have much of a clue about pure bred staffies! You should upload a picture though, would be great for us to see Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly657 Fri May 03 2013, 21:18

Thanks everyone, you replys are really nice, and good to know its not just me!! I will go through the uploading photos trauma in a minute and see if I can get some on here!!!!

Aly657

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 03 2013, 21:55

Aly657 wrote:Thanks everyone, you replys are really nice, and good to know its not just me!! I will go through the uploading photos trauma in a minute and see if I can get some on here!!!!

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sat May 04 2013, 06:39

Romeo is a big staffy, he's over sized at 20kgs, but he is pedigree. when i got him people thought he was a shar per. and now days everyone mistakes him for an amstaff, bar the one time i was actually walking him with a friends amstaff :/
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04 2013, 09:47

Seen your earlier couple of pics and certainly looks Staffy to me Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sat May 04 2013, 10:06

A lot of people are surprised to hear Bacchus is pure Staffy, because of his coat pattern.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down