Manny has a funny cyst/dry blister on inside leg??

2 posters

Go down

Manny has a funny cyst/dry blister on inside leg?? Empty Manny has a funny cyst/dry blister on inside leg??

Post by Aly657 Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:04

does anyone have any ideas abut this?? 3 weeks ago manny ran through an electric sheep fence and caught his leg on it, at the top inside leg. a couple of days later I noticed what looked like a skin tag/burn/ empty blister there, and left it to heal. However, now its grown about double in size, and has become more solid, kind of like a mole with no colour on it. I have made an app for vets tomo to get it checked out, but does anyone have any suggestions to what it may be??

Aly657
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Manny has a funny cyst/dry blister on inside leg?? Empty Re: Manny has a funny cyst/dry blister on inside leg??

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:08

It's most likely just the way the blister/burn is healing, some of those fences can give a decent sharp shock. Have you a photo of it?

Hopefully the vet can give you something to help Smile

Back to top Go down

Manny has a funny cyst/dry blister on inside leg?? Empty Re: Manny has a funny cyst/dry blister on inside leg??

Post by janey Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:10

Could you show us a photo? Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly657 Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:13

I will try and take one now, watch this space!!

Aly657

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly657 Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:20

It's no good, my i pad just isn't getting a good enough pic, doesn't help that he is so black !!!

Aly657

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:23

Well I hope you get it sorted, I thought Moo had a skin tag and it turned out to be a tic!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:23

Just checking online here about it and from piecing a few things together it basically says, some blisters will turn a darkish brown/black colour because blood has entered them while they were healing. It's also possible that it may have became infected. Doesn't seem too serious but a trip to the vet would still be a good idea Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly657 Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:27

My dad had a look and said its not a tick, best way to describe it is those sort of lumpy smooth warts some people get on their face, I did think about popping it with a needle??

Aly657

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:31

Ask to see a nurse and they can point you in the right direction Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:32

Aly657 wrote: I did think about popping it with a needle??

I wouldn't. If it was on myself I would but not on the dog because it could get infected further. The vet/nurse will know exactly what to do Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly657 Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:37

Don't worry Matt, I won't pop it, like you said, on yourself you would, so would I, but too risky on a dog who can't tell you how they feel. I will take him to vets in morn, and let you know what they say x

Aly657

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:40

Aly657 wrote: I will take him to vets in morn, and let you know what they say x

Great thumbs up

It's not I'd be afraid you'd hurt him or anything, I know you wouldn't. It's more the fact that they could end up getting more infected. They wouldn't think about keeping a wound clean the same way we would.

Do let us know though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly657 Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:45

They say dog lick is a good anti septic!!! Lol

Aly657

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly657 Sat Mar 23 2013, 16:55

We went to see our lovely vet, she had a good look at the "thing" and, though she isn't sure what it is, she thinks its tissue rather than fluid inside it, and as such has given anti biotics and some cream to put on it. If it doesn't go away with these, it's prob going to have to be removed, to be on safe side!! Don't,I've that idea much, but will see how it goes. thanks for your help

Aly657

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23 2013, 16:57

Glad they were able to give you someting to treat it with. They mustn't have been too worried anyway. Hopefully it clears up soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Mar 23 2013, 16:59

Hope it heals >Big Grin<
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down