One reason why not to feed your pup a treat. Graphic Image.

+5
Jenc
Jackieb
rebeccaleanne
reuben
Kelley
9 posters

Go down

One reason why not to feed your pup a treat. Graphic Image. Empty One reason why not to feed your pup a treat. Graphic Image.

Post by Kelley Fri Mar 01 2013, 13:53

One reason why not to feed your pup a treat. Graphic Image. 20121130_191530_zps8df1705e
My children were playing tug of war with Scarlet and my wife decided to give her a small piece of chicken. Scarlet did say sorry and my wife realises it was her fault LOL. It took 5 trips to the hospital to have the dressing changed as they could not stitch a dog bite for it to heal from the inside out. rolling on the floor
Kelley
Kelley
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : scarlet and bonny
Dog(s) Ages : 5months and 13yrs
Dog Gender(s) : both female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

One reason why not to feed your pup a treat. Graphic Image. Empty Re: One reason why not to feed your pup a treat. Graphic Image.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 13:57

Ouch I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

One reason why not to feed your pup a treat. Graphic Image. Empty Re: One reason why not to feed your pup a treat. Graphic Image.

Post by reuben Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:17

Please keep that one within the forum or we'll have the " vicious staffy" brigade crowing. doh
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:19

ouch!!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:33

ouch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelley Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:36

Hi Reuben - There is no such thing as a vicious staffy. I have had staffs as pets for over 20yrs and this is the 1st playfull nip any of us have had. I was walking my dog last year and a little girl stopped me with her mother to smooth my dog. Bonny stood with her tail wagging like mad as the girl smoothed her. The mother said what a nice dog and she asked what breed it was. I told her a staff. She told the little girl to come away from the dog as they were very vicious. What an idiot. I should have told her a yorkshire terrier and it then it would have been okay for her girl to smooth Bonny.
Kelley
Kelley

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : scarlet and bonny
Dog(s) Ages : 5months and 13yrs
Dog Gender(s) : both female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:42

I remember when Tank was 9weeks, he picked up a piece of Lego my son had left on the floor, so my instinct was to open his mouth n take it out ! But at 9wks old a pups instinct is to bite n nibble anything in his mouth, he caught my finger with his back teeth ! It hurt a great deal lol and lots if blood !
Totally my fault. These days tho if either of my 2 pick something up I can open their mouth n retrieve it with np at all.
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Fri Mar 01 2013, 15:41

Ooooo savage puppy, sharp little toothies Laughing

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

One reason why not to feed your pup a treat. Graphic Image. B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Mar 01 2013, 17:48

OUCH that does look sore >Big Grin< Hope it's healing well
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 17:52

Tip from me , this is where the command "nicely" or "gently" comes in well Straight Face

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Mar 01 2013, 17:58

When I first got Moo she had a terrible habit of going for the toy at the same time. Needless to say many a cut to the hand. All was fine until she did it to my brother, out of pure excitement as I had trained her out of it. Now they think she will just bite them Sad that was 3 years ago!

Hope it heals soon Xxx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 18:04

Ouch! I hope it heals fast.

Dave wrote:Tip from me , this is where the command "nicely" or "gently" comes in well Straight Face
Lol, I learned to teach this command as quickly as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Fri Mar 01 2013, 18:19

looks very nasty eeeeew!
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 18:24

Ow!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 18:48

OUCH! Loki still snatches treats sometimes, but his teeth aren't sharp enough to break my skin...certainly not like that. Wow.

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Fri Mar 01 2013, 18:59

Kelley wrote:Hi Reuben - There is no such thing as a vicious staffy. I have had staffs as pets for over 20yrs and this is the 1st playfull nip any of us have had. I was walking my dog last year and a little girl stopped me with her mother to smooth my dog. Bonny stood with her tail wagging like mad as the girl smoothed her. The mother said what a nice dog and she asked what breed it was. I told her a staff. She told the little girl to come away from the dog as they were very vicious. What an idiot. I should have told her a yorkshire terrier and it then it would have been okay for her girl to smooth Bonny.

I know Kelley, but that doesn't stop the prejudice amongst the uninitiated. I was being facetious.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02 2013, 16:31

Ouch I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarie1989 Sat Mar 02 2013, 23:28

We just got Jango yesterday, we were playing with him and he accidentally had his mouth around my partners hand, as soon as he realised it was a hand he moved his head away. He then nipped a little later on but nothing at all even painful. He is more of a licker than anything. Which would be great but he has a bit of a stinky breath issue right now haha.
AMarie1989
AMarie1989
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Jango
Dog(s) Ages : Six months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down