Cyril baby
Jackieb
Ben
eogh
10 posters

Go down

i thought  id lost her Empty i thought id lost her

Post by eogh Sat Sep 08 2012, 01:10

Just after getting the fright of my life.

I made the mistake of leaving mimi and penny in the back yard when I went to the shop. I don't usual do it I was rushing to get to the shop be for it closed I've big 8 foot high walls and grate so I thought it would be grand . But when I came back there was no sign of Mimi looked every where. I thought I was going to puke. Ran out the front looked up and down the street no sign. I live in a rough part of town so I was sure someone had took her. I ran down to a group of hoodies and asked them hathey seen her . And after some whispering one lad said he had bought her to a house up the road. Which turn our to be a house full off pikeys . After a bit of shouting and fightin with each other one off the girl in the house told a young lad to go get the dog. I have never been so happy to see anything in me life as to see her safe and sound. In fairness to the ppl in the house as rough as they were they had feed her. I know it makes me sound soft a full grown man but I was pretty much in tears when I got her home. The two off them are my furry kid I love them to dead.

I will never leave them out the back on there own again. And as soon as I get up in the morning I'll try a work out how she got out and fix it.

I'm off to drink a bucket off whisky
eogh
eogh
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mimi and Penny
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years old and 10months
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

i thought  id lost her Empty Re: i thought id lost her

Post by Ben Sat Sep 08 2012, 05:17

Wow, glad you got her back. Some dogs can jump an 8 footer. Sounds amazing, but it can happen. Also, check that nothing is leaning up against the wall in addition for looking for holes etc. I'd be devastated. Good idea to keep them in when you aren't home.
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sat Sep 08 2012, 07:15

Oh god a close one !!

Glad u found her, they worry us so much don't they. ?

Xx
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08 2012, 07:45

If we ever leave ours in the garden we always make sure its not for a long time and the gate is locked rom the inside (tall gate and I know they can't jump that high) But we are lucky as we live in a reasonably quiet area and our garden is enclosed and surrounded on all sides by other back gardens , never for longer than an hour though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08 2012, 08:26

Glad you got her back safe and sound. They are quite good at escaping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril baby Sat Sep 08 2012, 08:27

I am so pleased you have got her back, Staffies are often stolen to be bait dogs, those into dog fighting use them to teach their dogs how to fight, this is a terrible end for our pet dogs who have only known love.

If your dog is micro chipped you have a lot better chance of getting them back but it isn't proof that the dog belongs to you, some are trying to get this changed but people pass the dog on but the details are not changed. A tally on your dog can also get your dog home quicker. I found a dog last Sunday, he was micro chipped but the Dog Wardens don't work weekends and the vets were closed so kept him until I could contant the dog Warden. I put him up on www.doglost.co.uk and at 6am Monday morning I had a phone call from his owner.

Have details of your dog's colour and markings, any scars etc that can identify them, do this now so you have it just in case, and keep it up to date.
Tell the police that your dog has been stolen and insist on a crime number, that can make the difference between getting your dog back and not.

Contact www.doglost.co.uk or phone them on 0844 800 3220 and send a photo of your dog as quickly as possible. Emails will go out to everyone in your area who is registered with them, they will help you look for your dog and print and put up posters. You will also get advice on what to do to find your dog.

Flood the area with posters, also put them further away as dogs can travel quite a distance in a short time. This has got dogs home because they become too hot to have so are abandoned.

Contact all the vets in your area, all pet shops and all the pounds daily, if possible it is better to go to the pounds daily because they often don't know what they have in.

Dogs Lost have got dogs back over 6 years after they were stolen, they stay on record unless they are told the dog has been found so please notifiy them if your dog is found so they can move him to the other section leaving the lost section with just lost dogs.

I used to help with Dog Lost and have been out looking for dogs and puttin posters up. It is run by volunteers who put a lot of their time and money into helping to get dogs back with their owners.

Cyril baby
Cyril baby
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
i thought  id lost her Top_ra10

Status Status :

Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08 2012, 10:25

So glad you got her back Smile I remember Loki once squeezed through a gap in the gate we put up to separate the two yards (the other one's fence is down, giving access to the neighbour's yard). Me and my mum were shouting him in our pyjamas at 6 am, and it turned out he was just sniffing the wall of our house Laughing. They are a worry. Just keep them inside the house; I would've thought 8 ft would have been OK, but apparently not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Sat Sep 08 2012, 10:30

Ooh the thought of that happening makes me feel sick lol, glad it all turned out ok
Rob
Rob

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bode
Dog(s) Ages : 23/09/2011
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Sep 08 2012, 11:29

You were extremely lucky to get her back so quickly, could so easily have been a different story.

There is no way I would leave my dog anywhere unattended not even for a minute, thats all it takes for some creep to have them away as well you now know.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08 2012, 11:52

That must have been so scary, glad you got her back.
I don't leave mine anywhere now after coming out of a shop one time to find one girl saying to her friend, you take the big one and I'll take the wee one and having a few people ask if they could buy Bella.

Back to top Go down

Post by eogh Sat Sep 08 2012, 11:54

I think I got about ten minutes sleep last night kept having to run down stairs to make sure they were still in there crates. Proper wake up call it was. I wouldn't mind I pretty much hide my dogs cause they street is so rough and lots of dogs are robbed I alway drive to another part of town to walk them. Thank god I'm moving to the new place soon. I think I know how she got out . I think she got up on the wheely bin and over the wall so I've moved them.
eogh
eogh

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mimi and Penny
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years old and 10months
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by x0gawjus0x Sat Sep 08 2012, 11:55

omg my heart would have dropped to my feet and my heart would be beating!! poor you i can only imagen how u felt when u realised she was gone!! so so so lucky you got her back be really careful it doesnt happen again as the person who finds her might not be as honest or nice!
x0gawjus0x
x0gawjus0x
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Vinnie
Dog(s) Ages : 10/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08 2012, 12:05

That would have scared the sh1t out of me! So glad you got her back.

It's amazing how they can work out how to get out of places, isn't it? Too intelligent for their own good sometimes.

I'm in a decent part of town, but I've got to say I'm paranoid - I never leave Dempsey outside on his own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stokester Sat Sep 08 2012, 13:18

Glad you got her back Smile and she is now safe.
cant believe she managed get over an 8 foot gate! :O have to keep your eyes on her.
Stokester
Stokester

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gary
Dog(s) Ages : 7 months old
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08 2012, 13:24

OMG what a scare, glad to hear thou you got her back you were very lucky >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08 2012, 17:59

Very scary. Glad you have her home safe and sound.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sun Sep 09 2012, 21:10

we had a horrible fright like that once. our bid boy zook actually got pinched out of our back yard. he was missing for months.
My uncel is a tiler by trade and was working on goverment homes in a seedy part of town when he saw our dog in the back of some ones yard. poor Zook was a skinny waif and covred in scars, so my uncel stole him back luck. Zook was never allowed in the back yard alonge again... and after that he suffered horrid seperation anxiety D:
your so luck to get her back
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRoo Mon Sep 10 2012, 09:36

wow you are so lucky to have found her so quickly. i never ever leave ruby anywhere alone, my husband took her to the shop while walking her a couple of months back and when he came home and i realised he had tied her up outside i went nuts at him. hes not done it since. it only takes a second for someone to disappear with a full grown dog, let alone a 4 month old pup as she was then. he said she was fine, just tangled herself up in her lead, but he did say as he came out that a guy was watching her and disappeared as soon as he got out. he felt sick when he actually sat down and thought about how she could have been taken, he just didnt think. shes chipped and tagged but it wouldnt stop someone taking her and who knows what could happen to our furry friends in the wrong hands Sad
RubyRoo
RubyRoo

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby
Dog(s) Ages : Born 26/2/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down