i never thought so thought i would warn you all

5 posters

Go down

i never thought so thought i would warn you all Empty i never thought so thought i would warn you all

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 10:17

i never thought about this i just thought about ice and feet but this is something to have a good think about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1341137/Hundreds-dogs-cats-die-rock-salt-scattered-gritters-big-freeze.html

Back to top Go down

i never thought so thought i would warn you all Empty Re: i never thought so thought i would warn you all

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 10:26

tell me about it im having to bathe and barrier cream memphis feet at the moment asd i noticed him limping very slightly so i looked at his feet and there a bit red between his toes and the pads were starting to dry and crack so the salt was going in and givin him jip.
so you can see if this is happening to other dogs then there licking there sore pads this can easy happen

Back to top Go down

i never thought so thought i would warn you all Empty Re: i never thought so thought i would warn you all

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 10:27

poor Lottie's pads werent hard enough so she has little abrasions on her feet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 10:32

watch to salt on the abrasions as she will suffer Crying or Very sad nasty councilmen lol

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Feb 06 2012, 10:32

Hadn't thought about that, thankfully we haven't had any gritters here but I certainly will be more aware Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 10:35

bigwazza wrote:watch to salt on the abrasions as she will suffer Crying or Very sad nasty councilmen lol

she is rather fed up she keeps looking out of the door and crying to go play poor love she loved playing out too. we are having to keep cleaning the garden up cos I won't take her off the drive because she then goes mad at her feet when we get back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 13:23

This is the perfect excuse to go and buy boootieeess!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Mon Feb 06 2012, 14:07

Amazing what you learn on here. I suppose we are lucky living on the canal door step. Sometimes we take her on the roads to get to fields, but will stick to the canal paths for now. Thank you for this.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by alexiastra Mon Feb 06 2012, 17:53

eeek! I never gave that a though! How horrible.
Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention Julie! Luckily I live in a ungritted village so hopefully no harm has been done. We are moving to a town soon though so I'll have to keep it in mind then.
alexiastra
alexiastra
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
i never thought so thought i would warn you all Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dora
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 28

http://www.alexandrabuckle.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 17:58

I read this when vanessa posted it on FB last year .. ive been washing there feet as soon as we come in since!

Back to top Go down

Post by roxyrocket Mon Feb 06 2012, 21:28

This is exactly why I love this forum!!
Would never of thought about the effects of the grit and salt thanx Julie for the info.
roxyrocket
roxyrocket

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by paul/beau Tue Feb 07 2012, 17:40

i keep one of them water jet bottles you get from B&Q, that you pump up.grate for washing paws before you take dog in the house or car.

this will wash salt of if you walk on the paths and roads. just plain water
paul/beau
paul/beau
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Beau
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down