is it just our house where things are complicated!

3 posters

Go down

is it just our house where things are complicated! Empty is it just our house where things are complicated!

Post by stella Tue Mar 20 2012, 21:32

last year we booked to go away with friends of ours to tennerife ,we go in 3 weeks time but with all the comings and goings and people letting us down as reguards to sash's care up until tonight it looked like we were staying home.we have never put her in kennels and now being 8 years old i'd sooner not go if it meant kennels was the only way we could,not saying any thing against them and i'm sure a lot of dogs are fine in them just for me i could'nt do it where she has never been in one before.all our family have got together and we are going!i have now got to make 3 schedules up of who has got to be at home,what time they are to walk her and feed times,its just like having a baby again!the worst bit will be getting the suitcases down,i'll have to make sure sash does'nt see as the sulks will start Crying or Very sad
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

is it just our house where things are complicated! Empty Re: is it just our house where things are complicated!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 22:59

oooh bugger! things with dogs aaaarrrre complicated when your going away... and I think moreso with staffys as they just seem to miss us more than other dog breeds do. (in my experience)

Back to top Go down

is it just our house where things are complicated! Empty Re: is it just our house where things are complicated!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 02:13

I always pack in a seperate room so Suki won't know what I'm doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 02:50

Lexi is 8 now, we went on holiday for 3 weeks and i didn't like the though of her in kennels because she has never been in them, so my friend was coming out to look after her. As you may have seen she dropped weight dramatically!

In previous years shes had my other two dogs but they both passed away last year (bought together as pups, died within a week of eachother :'()

I felt soooo bad leaving her but i thought she would be more happy in the 1/2 acre yard ya know?

My dad who is a "an animal is an animal" person even said he was worried about her and that if we ever go away again he will help me put her into kennels (my ex boss who runs the kennels i worked at is my parents good friend so i KNOW she will get good care because i know first hand what the standard of care there is)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 06:28

We've just been through it but my boy has bailed us out so Tilly has 2 Bull Mastiff playmates for a fortnight in July, she is going to be so tired Smile We have to be very careful with the packing too. Tilly is bad enough when she sees me pack a little suitcase for a few days. ATM she is sitting on my feet in protest as I am packed , car is loaded and she knows I won't be home for a few days, but her mum and big sister are still here for her

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Wed Mar 21 2012, 07:37

jstaff wrote:I always pack in a seperate room so Suki won't know what I'm doing.

ah thanks jstaff sounds like a good plan,such a worry to leave them Sad
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 07:48

Im going away in december, im dreading it. Im sure that kenny has separation anxity, he's cant cope when i go to the shops. Im lucky tho, i still have my son at home who's not comin on hols, so kenny still got his family here.

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Wed Mar 21 2012, 07:51

i've got my 18 year old son at home so sasha will have her family here too but we know what 18 year old's are like Rolling Eyes !
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 08:07

stella wrote:
jstaff wrote:I always pack in a seperate room so Suki won't know what I'm doing.

ah thanks jstaff sounds like a good plan,such a worry to leave them Sad

I also always leave a suitcase out so that Suki is used to seeing one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21 2012, 08:13

we're like that not knowing what to do with the dog always has been for all our dogs. we put one in kennels for 2 weeks once and he never spoke to me for ages when we got home plus he had lost weight from sulking when we first went. family have to take them now or we dont go but matthew and gemma (my kids) are adults now so they would have these 2 for me. we did buy a caravan though so stick to england and take the dogs with us but if i wanted to go abroad i know i could leave them at home. your right it is worse than having kids sometimes you are still tied

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Wed Mar 21 2012, 11:27

This may be a stupid thing to suggest but could you possibly take her with you? I know you can get pet passports and things nowdays.
I suppose it would be too complicated. Straight Face

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Wed Mar 21 2012, 11:41

we have a camper so the dogs always go with us in the uk but weve not been abroard since our gsds passed and friends looked after them (they have one of their pups well shes 9 now )
We have discussed pet passports but atm we are quite happy with holidaying in uk
Even though i have worked in a kennels myself i would still not want to put mine in kennels
Gazagem
Gazagem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down