nearly brought another one home

3 posters

Go down

nearly brought another one home Empty nearly brought another one home

Post by jshrew Sat Oct 01 2011, 22:37

While I was out at work today I came across a staffy with nowt but a choke chain round his neck darting into the road and trying to play with an EBT who was behind a fence

Such a lovely dog he was almost identical in colour to my Ledger, I opened the car door and he hopped in and curled up in the footwell. I knocked on the house with the EBT and they said they thought lil lost one came from the neighbouring estate, a check with a few people in the street there pointed me to a possible house but there was no answer (just a white alsation type peeping over the top of the 6ft fence). I took him back to the station and had to call the warden but no answer so in the mean time clipped the strap from my kit bag to use as a lead and walked him round the courtyard, still no response from potential owners or warden so managed to find a vet who was open and we went for a drive to see if he had been chipped

No chip but at that time the warden and the owner arrived at where we had travelled from. Well 2 hours after finding him I had to return him home seems he had found a small hole in the fence and made his escape the white dog must have been looking for him when i was there earlier. As hard as I thought it would to bite my tongue it was easy to see that he was very well cared for and played the guilt trip card instead what if the choke chain had got caught, with no chip/collar what if it hadn't been me to find him and what if the dog in the garden I found him trying to get into hadn't been so friendly

So no new adoption for me but a nice couple of hours dog sitting
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

nearly brought another one home Empty Re: nearly brought another one home

Post by janey Sat Oct 01 2011, 23:18

Same happened to me the other day. I was less than impressed, my language wasn't perfect, but these dogs where crossing a fast road and another with a blind corner.

"Do you want my address, then you can report me"!!

Anger levels Sad

You did what you could, some people just don't place there dogs, even though looked after, into being a part of the family. Would you let your kids just wonder, no.

Well done you, and you have done all you can do. Proper muppets.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02 2011, 01:43

Great job for stopping to help this dog, and taking so much time out of your day to try and find where it belonged. Such a shame there was no collar/tag or microchip. Would've made things so much easier.
So many people just drive past a wandering animal. I have also stopped a couple of times when I've seen a dog on the loose, and been lucky enough to have collars with tags/phone numbers. the owners were very thankful for a phone call to bring their beloved pet home again. One bloke gave me a bottle of wine for the return of his companion ( although I don't drink the stuff )

Glad there was a happy ending to your adventures....although i'm sure you would've been quite happy to have an extra Staffy house-mate Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02 2011, 02:22

Great job. It's a shame there was no microchip or collar with contact info. Everyone should really do both because they are escape artists.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Sun Oct 02 2011, 16:32

Well done you for looking after the poor dog and finding the owner.
Pity there was no proper collar with name tag or chip.
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content