Nearly Brought Home a Puppy This Morning

2 posters

Go down

Nearly Brought Home a Puppy This Morning Empty Nearly Brought Home a Puppy This Morning

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11 2013, 22:19

Over the park with Dempsey this morning and out of nowhere came this little fluffy GSD type puppy! He came bouncing over to Dempsey & tried grabbing his neck. Dempsey kept play bowing & then pinning him to the grass. He didn't seem to mind & kept coming back for more.

I looked around & couldn't see anyone, so rather than risk the poor thing getting injured (there are a couple of very nasty dogs that go to the park!) I put Dempsey's lead on the pup & started to slowly walk around. I was quite prepared to take him home & then to the vets to check for a microchip, but I wanted to see if the owner was around first.

I saw a guy in the distance, walking away from me but obviously looking round & shouting every so often, so I called out & asked "Is this yours?"

The guy saw the pup & just broke into a run, waving his arms about & looking so pleased! The pup went absolutely silly when he recognised his owner & it was really nice to see them both so happy. Turns out the guy's a visitor to the area & his friend's young daughter decided she wanted to play with the cute puppy in the front garden. So she opened the door, and the gate was already open so off the pup went.

His name was Benjie, and he's a 3 month old GSD x Collie. Lovely, friendly little thing, but so lucky!

Back to top Go down

Nearly Brought Home a Puppy This Morning Empty Re: Nearly Brought Home a Puppy This Morning

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11 2013, 22:21

Glad he was reunited! Smile

Back to top Go down

Nearly Brought Home a Puppy This Morning Empty Re: Nearly Brought Home a Puppy This Morning

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11 2013, 22:23

Aww so very lucky he found you caryll Smile

Back to top Go down

Aw bless , bet you were slightly gutted though extremely pleased at the same time Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Oh well done Caryll - Benjie was so lucky he ran into you!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jul 11 2013, 22:27

Aww well done Demps for being so good Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11 2013, 23:27

Should of kept him anyway. Finders keepers holds up in court

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 12 2013, 10:06

Aww glad he was reunited biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 12 2013, 10:31

Mike wrote:Should of kept him anyway. Finders keepers holds up in court

I'd have loved to - he was a real cracker!Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Fri Jul 12 2013, 12:43

Aww how nice! At least he had a owner!
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 12 2013, 14:41

Aww glad the little pup got home Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down