How much have you spent on chewed items!

+9
i love leah and lois
sammy&lola
linzy
kic
Kathy
four leaf clover
Charlene_Frank
janey
Radiantpaper
13 posters

Go down

How much have you spent on chewed items! Empty How much have you spent on chewed items!

Post by Radiantpaper Mon Sep 19 2011, 17:04

As my little girl loves shoes of any kind, I was wondering what the most expensive thing you puppy has chewed.
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2

http://www.zestlifecoaching.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How much have you spent on chewed items! Empty Re: How much have you spent on chewed items!

Post by janey Mon Sep 19 2011, 17:06

Moo doesn't chew anything, but my first chewed every pair of heals I owned, and just the heal, not the shoe, which as you can guess mounted up quite drasticaly Surprised
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

How much have you spent on chewed items! Empty Re: How much have you spent on chewed items!

Post by Radiantpaper Mon Sep 19 2011, 17:09

Well ladies do tend to spend money on shoes! money eyes
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlene_Frank Mon Sep 19 2011, 17:26

Frank isnt much of a chewer, however i got home on Sat to find he had chewed the heel on my Kurt Geiger shoes that my brother got me for my birthday 2 weeks ago Sad lesson learnt all heels are now in a suitcase safe Sad

but shhh its a secret ... they should have been in their box not lyin on the floor Crying or Very sad

but he LOVES his Kong, any Tennis Ball and a teddy rabbit ive had since i was little girl lol.

x
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Frank and Tara
Dog(s) Ages : 19 Months and 21 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Mon Sep 19 2011, 17:44

My carpet! My dogs have never really chewed but i came home from being out on saturday night to find a massive hole in my hallway carpet. I can only think that they must have been bored :S I had taken away their bones before I went out so I didnt want any fighting over them. I was not impressed to say the least.
four leaf clover
four leaf clover
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
How much have you spent on chewed items! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Clover
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Sep 19 2011, 17:49

Rocky chewed OH Magnum boots, not very cheap to replace (£60). Needless to say he now has many chew toys.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by kic Mon Sep 19 2011, 19:31

back when tyson was younger he cost us a fortune... 3 carpets so we got laminate flooring, he chewed the beading of that, 2 walls so that had to get repaired, numerous socks and slippers, cables his own beds, part of the kitchen unit, a washing basket, brush, a lamp shade lol, toilet rolls, he once got hold of a bottle of toilet duck and ragged it over our bedroom, a roller blnd, window sill, the last straw was the leather couch... reading back on this hes lucky to be alive in more ways than one lol

kic
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tyson / Tara
Dog Gender(s) : male/female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19 2011, 19:33

Billys not a chewer, so nothing really
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19 2011, 19:36

His harness and three leashes. Other than that, he only chews things he's allowed to chew.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19 2011, 21:08

Vlad chewed a massive hole in the middle of our sliding fly screen door while outside playing one day... The same night we took him out for toilet and he pulled the entire door off! Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Mon Sep 19 2011, 21:15

My Viv Westwood handbag Sad Fortunately, I got it from her quickly enough before too much damage was done! She has however put holes in several walls, ripped up a bit of carpet and removed a bit of skirting board, so who knows what the added cost of that is.

On a similar note, my VW sunnies have teeth marks from the cat chewing the legs Sad
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19 2011, 21:40

Screen door repeatedily and some shoes. We take care not to leave anything too valuable out though Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by sammy&lola Tue Sep 20 2011, 10:43

Lots and Lola is not finished yet by a long way! To name a few:

Skirting Boards, Radiator Cover, Bottom of Front Door, Handles of Kitchen Cupboards, Rug, Stair Carpet, Armani T Shirt, Husbands G Star Hoody and Timberland boots. Funny tho, have dining room table & chairs in kitchen, never touched near them.

She has loads of toys too but always wants what she can't have >Smile
sammy&lola
sammy&lola

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20 2011, 11:24

Russell has generally only chewed things he is allowed to, although, recently with my little spurt of inspiration for gardening he has taken a liking to chewing plastic pots (which ends with plants and soil strewn across the yard, and he also has been ripping out anything that has recently been planted in the ground, its doing my head in!

oh he did chew one of my mums lonely planet books while we were over there the other day... that ones a secret! I hid it! haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20 2011, 11:39

memphis not to bad at chewing he will run off with stuff but not chew it the only thing he did chew and ruin was my ysl huddie when he was about 6 months old was my fault i had his walk treats zipped in the pocket lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20 2011, 12:21

Vlad has lots of toys and we limit what he can and can't access inside. But aside from the screen door he also managed to chew up his mattress that is for his kennel. We came home to fabric and foam all over the yard! Its funny when he manages to get my husbands shoes... size 12 trainers are about the same size as he is and he just falls over him self trying to run away. Its very funny and very cute.

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Tue Sep 20 2011, 18:53

Milly has chewed my solid pine dresser i have in my dining room probaly my fault putting her bed near it to start with.She has also recently chewed a pair of my shoes i didnt mind though they was only 6 pounds from primark Laughing
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca Tue Sep 20 2011, 19:58

My sofa has suffered! Cali chewed 3 holes in the sofa and * on it one day eeeeew! , my dining room table has also suffered, he obviously likes the big things, then we bought a piece of mind..... his wonderful crate! now he is safe and so is my house.
Rebecca
Rebecca

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Cali
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by kic Tue Sep 20 2011, 20:31

oh and a mobile and a fiver lol

kic

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tyson / Tara
Dog Gender(s) : male/female

Back to top Go down

Post by KerryAnn Wed Sep 21 2011, 06:00

So far (and I'm saying "so far" as Paddy only came home on Saturday!) a set of headphones at £30 got chewed. Well, the wire. Luckily not too badly........ though not great either! Surprised
KerryAnn
KerryAnn
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
How much have you spent on chewed items! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Paddy
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiantpaper Wed Sep 21 2011, 12:10

OMG I cant believe some of what you are saying, seem like they would make good builders helpers in the demolition department! lol
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by flounder Wed Sep 21 2011, 13:11

We have had Summer for 6 weeks now and she has managed to destroy 2 of her beds, got her a plastic one last night and she is making a start on that now, she took apart 3 charmin teddy bears, a pen top, my leather living room bin has teeth marks in it, oh yeah and so has the cats! Rolling Eyes
I dont doubt that it will be more within the next few months!
flounder
flounder
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Summer
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Mon Sep 26 2011, 12:53

Cody tends only to chew his toys but he did chew my hubbys wedding shoes 3 days before the wedding Laughing
Cody
Cody

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Cody
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiantpaper Thu Sep 29 2011, 13:16

Well came home today to let my little darling out and saw stuff in her crate, upon further inspection I noticed thread of some sort but could not work out where it came from, so I moved her crate. I discovered one very bare carpet! How she did it I will never know and she managed to push her crate back to cover it!!!
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29 2011, 13:35

has to be the wall paper. when he was little he didnt like to be left and when i went upstairs one day i closed the gate on the stairs so he couldnt follow me so he threw a tantrum and pulled the wall paper. couldnt match it for a patch so had to redo the whole of the stairs of course then this showed up a few other bits untill eventualy it had cost for redecorating and carpet and wood floor downstairs. not all the dog but that sth emost expense from one little pup

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down