+2
Nosipho
bobs
6 posters

Go down

Sophie has changed since her season Empty Sophie has changed since her season

Post by bobs Thu Sep 15 2011, 11:03

Bob's missus here!!!

Recently, Sophie came into season properly. Our vet seemed to think she was on the verge since July, but we had the obvious blood loss start a couple of weeks ago. Her timing was impeccable (typical woman!!!) as it was two days before we went on holiday.

Anyway, there were no real problems and she kept herself very clean. She has pretty much stopped her blood loss now.

During that period, she has changed from being a typical lively pup (she is now ten months) where she needed a lot of attention and entertainment most of the time to a mature dog that is content to rest comfortably at your feet like an adult dog.

She is eating fine and embracing her walks with her usual enthusiasm. When we were on holiday she wee'd herself a couple of times without realising it so we had her checked by the local vet in case she was starting a water or womb infection. She confirmed Sophie was fit and well and not showing any raised temperature, but gave her a short course of antibiotics as a precaution in case there was someting lurking. That only happened twice and she has not done it since.

Sophie thoroughly enjoyed her holiday but since being home (last Saturday) like I say she has a real relaxed and contented air about her. She still plays with her toys, but nowhere near as much and has literally 'grown up' overnight.

We knew she would calm down eventually but the change in her is so sudden it's weird.

Anyone else experienced this? It is around 20 years ago since I last had a pup. We are 100% confident she is not ill. She just seems so happy and relaxed.

Last edited by bobs on Thu Sep 15 2011, 11:37; edited 1 time in total
bobs
bobs
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Sophie has changed since her season Empty Re: Sophie has changed since her season

Post by Nosipho Thu Sep 15 2011, 11:35

Yep shes becoming a real lady-dog! Some mature quicker than others but I think the hormones involved in their heat cycle do help them to calm down, I have had this with my last two bitches where they grow up 'overnight'!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Sophie has changed since her season Empty Re: Sophie has changed since her season

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15 2011, 12:03

Yes, I agree. That's onr reason I would always recommend that a bitch isn't neutered until at least after her first season & preferably her 2nd. Although pups are great fun, it's nice to get beyond that puppy stage and see the mature, calm adult dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Thu Sep 15 2011, 15:02

Yeah Molly was the same she changed alot after her first season too.
johneva
johneva

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Sep 15 2011, 17:10

I'd only had Moo for days when she came into season, she was a loon then, and still is now! But she does just like to have a snuggle in the evenings, but when we are out or if she is having a mad hour she acts just like a pup still. God love em Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Thu Sep 15 2011, 21:33

hia sasha was exactly the same, one day she was a puppy,3 weeks later she was a young lady,before she used to chew every thing that was'nt nailed down,and that just stopped like she knew a young lady should'nt do that!
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Fri Sep 16 2011, 12:36

Tinkerbell came into season the night we had her. I think it may have been her second, not sure because she is only 15 months and looks like she may have had a litter of pups already!

She is very calm in the house, but acts like a pup when she is out as she wants to play with everyone she sees. She is only ever hyper in the house if I get her tug toy out and start a game with her. We don't do that in the day though, keep it for the garden, as she can get too boisterous with it and sends the kids flying when she barges past them! But once the kids are in bed she lies on top of me on the settee all night and snores her head off until I go to bed!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down