Our Baby in Season - any pointers

2 posters

Go down

Our Baby in Season - any pointers Empty Our Baby in Season - any pointers

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 07:13

Hi everyone , Tilly has now come into her second season and looking for any useful pointers. Her moods are up and down and as we've never owned a bitch before we just sort of muddled through the first one but if anyone has any good tips to ease her through this we would greatly appreciate it Smile Its criminal that nature puts these youngsters through this but we are having her done as soon as we can after (3 months I'm told by our vet), and then we go in earnest on the hunt for a playmate for her, so by my timing she might just have a little friend for xmas.

Back to top Go down

Our Baby in Season - any pointers Empty Re: Our Baby in Season - any pointers

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 09:05

Wow, it's been a long time since I had a bitch, but you just need to be patient, I'm afraid. Their mood tends to even out after the first 10 days or so (although some can stay moody for longer). Have you tried Rescue Remedy? It's great for 'evening' out moddiness/anxiety, so might be wortha try.

I'd also invest in some hygiene pants for dogs! Make sure you get the right size or they'll rub, but they'll save your furniture & carpets!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Sep 12 2011, 09:34

Totally agree with the hygiene pants they where a life (or should I say carpet) saver! As Caryll said there isn't much you can do but just sit it out.

Good luck in your hunt for a play mate Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Mon Sep 12 2011, 10:45

Same as above, their moods usually even out after the first few days though they can be quite clingy! Make sure you get some hygeine pants though, I think they are the best £10 ive ever spent on my dog!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:47

Dont really cling on the idea of me little girl having pull ups, its really not so much the mess as seeing her looking all out of place and don't know what to do apart from the cuddles. She's not left my side all day (normal) sleeping on the bed now(normal), loves the walks and the daddy daughter time(normal) but she just looks so miserable with it :-)) Still searching tinternet for her a little playmate for xmas and she's gonna be soooooooooooo excited, we getting choosey now and want a red staffy pup and rescue .. fingers crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down