Need advice

2 posters

Go down

Need advice  Empty Need advice

Post by Busta-boy Sat Sep 10 2011, 16:43

Need advice as i Av two dogs Busta 11Wk and Kira 17month now my problem is our little man Busta thinks everything is his and takin toys chews anything he can off Kira she can't Av anything for him Sad how can i stop him doin this ? i shouted No At him moved him away but nothing seems to work he just thinks every thing is his Grr , any advice on this Wud be fantastic and a great help thank you :)x at wits end
Busta-boy
Busta-boy
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kira & Busta
Dog Gender(s) : female. Male
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Need advice  Empty Re: Need advice

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 16:54

He seems to be a little on the dominance side, My Boy Taz went through this and althrough it was hard it was it was possible, first of all i stop him from getting everything first, When it comes to his food, i fed the other dogs first, when i give out toys i gave the other dogs first and the same with chews like bones etc.
I always fed/treated the calmest/placidest dog first which seems to be your Kira. So from now he is second in everything including attention. When he goes to grab something off Kira remove him from the situation/Kira, if he is too quick then take it off him say no and let him see you give it back to kira, then give him is own treat etc.
never take anything out of his mouth this will only encourage definance so make sure he drops it (give it to you) this is dogs way of showing respect. Teach him a goo leave it command so it'll be easier on him and you to perform this task.
Also never allow any of your dogs to take things off each other, once again it is not polite, if one offers another a toy or treat/ Taz drops a tug toy by Blondy to get her to play with him this behaviour should be encouraged.

Last edited by MissRogue on Sat Sep 10 2011, 19:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Busta-boy Sat Sep 10 2011, 17:27

Thank you ever so much Fa that great advice Kira will drop toys in front Ov Busta to play she is so soft and never snaps at him she just lets him take things from her Sad will deffo do this with him thanks very much Fa your time and input much appreciated \\\\m/
Busta-boy
Busta-boy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Sep 10 2011, 21:19

My girl is a like this, he is a little young but with training you need to teach him respect of you not kira as you will stop him from taking things off her. Hope this makes sence its just that kira isnt up to the job and never will be and it wouldnt be fair to expect her to stick up for herself. In animal life there will always be a more domnant one and its established right at the begining your 2 have got themselves in order what seems unfair for us is very normal for them.
Big Grin
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Busta-boy Sat Sep 10 2011, 23:07

thanks to all Fa ur time and input its very much appreciated, hopefully will get Mi little man in line soon Big Grin
Busta-boy
Busta-boy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content