Moving

3 posters

Go down

Moving  Empty Moving

Post by Tys mummy Fri Sep 02 2011, 12:54

Rite I need some advice please peoples of the forum.

I found out yesterday that my application for a house has been accepted so in the not so distant future I will be moving house YAY!!!!!
Since having Ty we have lived in a flat and then in my mothers back room. I just need some advice on what the best way to introduce ty to a new house would be.
I am so excited I cant wait to move in I will be goin from being stuck in my mums back room to having the run of my own 3 bed room house and Ty well he will have the run of the lot no restrictions like at the mothers. Any advice would be great.
Thanks in advance because I know I will get the advice I need from you lovely people xx
Tys mummy
Tys mummy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Moving  Empty Re: Moving

Post by janey Fri Sep 02 2011, 13:58

Thats great news, nice one, I live in a flat too and would really love a garden for Moo. I haven't ever moved with her so I'm not too sure, maybe you could take him round there before you move. T o be honest I shouldn't worry, as long as he has his bed toys etc I think he will be fine Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 14:03

what good news, we have not moved since having billy, i agree with janey should not be a problem as long as he has things around him that are familar, he will probally mark out his territory in the garden

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby&Me Fri Sep 02 2011, 14:33

When I moved house with Ruby, she kept sitting by the front door to go back to the old flat! But she soon realised we were never going back!!!!!!! she's fine now, we have laminate floors in the new house and she loves skidding about! I took her bed and toys first, that way she had somewhere to sleep and toysto play with, he will be fine, prob love the new space!
Love Carla and ruby
Xxxxxx
Ruby&Me
Ruby&Me
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Moving  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby and Beau
Dog Gender(s) : Girl and Boy <3
Support total : 9

https://www.facebook.com/CarlaMOFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 14:46

dogs are pretty adaptable, so I reckon she will be just fine, especially if she has her toys and bed etc with her familiar scent on them.
Bet you can't wait!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 15:11

My poor old girl has moved so many time I've lost count, I'm saying this through gritted teeth as I wish she had never been subjected to the majority of them angry
HOWEVER she has coped so well every time (in fact better than me most times).
If possible I take my dogs to the new place for a look/sniff around as soon as possible and leave a few treats or new toys.
Once I start getting the boxes out I know we are in for some serious time out at the end of every day. And so do they waiting
Let Ty be involved in what you are doing whether its packing, sorting whatever. Decide when is enough for the day and devote the next hour at least to him before you do anymore.
I make sure I have at least a few days off after the big move to help them settle in to their new home.
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down