Lumps on face - help!

Go down

Lumps on face - help! Empty Lumps on face - help!

Post by shambles91 Wed Aug 17 2011, 14:17

My staffie is about 11 years old and in the last few weeks she started getting some swelling on her face, just under the eye. The first time it came up we thought she must have just tried to eat a wasp/bee as she has a tendancy to if she see's them on the floor moving. The first time it came and went in a day. However, two days ago it came up again as has only just gone down now, though there is still some slight swelling. Now, it's also on the other side of her face. her eatings fine - still as fussy as ever! & still very up for walks despite this.

The first two times there didnt seem to be any pain for her when it was touched and i looked inside her mouth and couldnt feel any swelling on her gums. However, this time (on the other side of her face) its painful for her & theres swelling on the gums. Does she need to go to a vet or would giving her teeth some more regular cleaning make the gum swelling go away?? Also, does it sound like the three seperate instant's are connected or could it just be coincidence?

Thanks - she a bit of an old girl and i tend to worry!
shambles91
shambles91
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog Gender(s) : femlw
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Lumps on face - help! Empty Re: Lumps on face - help!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 14:32

It's possible that she has an abscess under one of her teeth. This would account for the swelling & the pain. If it is, then you really need to see the vet.

Back to top Go down

Post by shambles91 Wed Aug 17 2011, 14:36

Thanks - i've just cleaned her teeth & think i may have got it wrong. There doesnt actually seem to be any swelling on the gums, may have just been the way her jaw is, and she wasnt too bothered. Is there anything else it could be? She has been getting other odd lumps now she's a bit older but they dont seem to swell & go down like these ones - they're just there.
shambles91
shambles91

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 14:39

Possibly insect bites, especially this time of year. Ticks can be a problem, and can leave quite a nasty swelling behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 14:57

If you are in any doubt at all though I would definitely take her to the vets. At her age it could be anything.. Jethro my old boiler has had several lumps cut off his face that they vet didn't like the look or feel off.. better to get these things done earlier rather than later.

Better to be safe than sorry !

Last edited by vanessa on Wed Aug 17 2011, 15:48; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17 2011, 15:00

I would advise a trip to the vet just to be sure. Please let us know how it turns out.

Back to top Go down

Post by shambles91 Wed Aug 17 2011, 16:12

Thanks, vets is booked for Friday & will let you know.
shambles91
shambles91

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down